QUESTION Nose surgery and FFL

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Serbia
I was recently disqualified from the regular army due to some kind of deviation in my nose, i was told to get surgery to fix it and then i can re-apply.
I'm thinking about not going back to army but instead i would like to try FFL, would it be possible to join FFL after the nose surgery?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
I was recently disqualified from the regular army due to some kind of deviation in my nose, i was told to get surgery to fix it and then i can re-apply.
I'm thinking about not going back to army but instead i would like to try FFL, would it be possible to join FFL after the nose surgery?
If the surgery was to correct a deviated septum, that should not pose a problem.
However, is it is something more serious like removing a cancer lesion, then it probably will be a problem to enlist.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yes it's a deviated septum

Yes but it's a bit harder to breathe
I actually had similar problem. By forcing myself to breathe through nose much as I could it actually made my situation much better. Still sleep with open month, but during day I could breathe through nose almost completely normal.

My situation got better only in late 20s. Before that it was almost impossible to breathe without nasal drops I also had chronic sinusitis (that caused breathing problems at first place) which thanks god magically disappeared.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I do not see why you would not be able to. I had a Deviated Septum and when I was a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps, I had the surgery to repair, align, and to open up my left nostril, I could not breathe through it. After I healed a month later, yes it can take up to that long, I was finally able to breath better. My run times vastly improved. Nose surgery is not the same as if you had a Meniscus or ACL surgery done to a knee. Most certainly knee surgery will completely ruin your chances to enter service. If you were in service that would be a different situation.

I say get it done, you need the O2, you will be better off. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTATION.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Can you breathe with your mouth closed?

I guess nose job shouldn't be something because of you would be automatically rejected, but as we like to say here. Only legion doctor knows that for sure.

Most viewed threads of the week