a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not so clever SAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
A SAS operator is recovering over 12 weeks from a gunshot wound to his arm. The scenario at GCHQ involved two SAS teams in a rescue op exercise. It was reported in the Daily Mail yesterday.

My comments ; Why was ALL ammunition not checked prior to the Ex ? And lucky it was not a head shot. As usual a cover up.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Not my normal newspaper. I take the plain and simple "I" which gives a precise precis of relevant news from all other papers. As a cheapskate and pensioner it is also cheaper !!!!!:rolleyes:

SAS stupidity has been recorded in other papers.(y)
epic thread fail of peace. :rolleyes: chas it´s your opinion but why always bash the SAS? what is behind all of this?:unsure:

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Shit happens.... About 10 years ago, during a demonstration of an hostage rescue operation performed by the GCP of 3e RPIMa, one of the team members had live rounds in his magazine, mixed with blank ones. The demo was done in front of the public, during a PR operation called in French "Opération Portes Ouvertes" (a day when military units open their doors to the public, a bit like the kermesse organised by the Legion for Camerone). The operator shot a burst of three and a live round was fired, gravely wounding a young boy who was attending the ‘show’ with his parents. Fortunately, the GCP operator had fixed his blank-firing adapter and the victim was ‘only’ hurt by fragments of it that hit him when it was shattered by the live round. Otherwise he would surely have been killed.
The incident raised a hell of questions on the compliance with the procedures normally in place to control the use of live ammo and the reason why the operator had managed to keep live rounds after a shooting session done in the days before, instead of returning those unused to the armory...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Remember the declaration we did after the Ranges.. If i remember correctly, I have no live round or empty cartridge cases in my posession.. Sir 🙂

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
"Sir to the best of my knowledge, I have ...
Which of course led to 'no wombats in me combats, no rockets in me pockets or shemoolies ( not sure how it is spelt - I think they were flares?) near me goolies':)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
people did have a spare round hidden away in case a round was lost on Guard or QRF. someone loses a round somehow a "spare" one is found quickly. lucky i never lost any rounds myself.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As a young soldier in Ireland I was given the heads up to keep 3 rounds it was sort of common practice in our mob off the record but common knowledge!
Talking of Ireland i remember when we were at the Maze prison manning the towers on the wall. one idiot we had opened the seal on a cage in the tower where there was tear gas rounds etc. .. he was bored so started to play with the rounds and the fine powder started to leak out. I went in later started stinging my eyes. then i looked at the Binoculars i saw a fine powder on them. so then i knew. The guy was a total idiot. He was charged more than once on that tour. I mean after we came back we all saved money but that idiot was paying fines. could not stand the guy anyway.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Don't know why I still have it:4900
Blank from one of the exercises.
Certainly a bitch to clean a rifle after.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
No shit sherlock.?
On a serious note, plenty of ammo here.
A month or so after I finished my service one guy killed himself (same section) . He used military issued kalaš but brought his bullet from somewhere. Depresion is a bitch.

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Nice pun. A blind chicken hits a grains once in a while I guess..

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No shit sherlock.?
On a serious note, plenty of ammo here.
A month or so after I finished my service one guy killed himself (same section) . He used military issued kalaš but brought his bullet from somewhere. Depresion is a bitch.
i remember we had to sometimes do site guard which was guarding the American Nuclear bunkers. was boring as hell. A guy from another Regiment was depressive and they sent him on a site guard :rolleyes: he blew his brains out in one of the towers. Army compassion at the time :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.