note from watchfrance.org

DanMitsu

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
On a similar note, young men who join the French Foreign Legion may wish to disabuse themselves of the notion that they are engaged in some kind of romantic adventure. The Legion's mission over the years has been and remains an instrument of the brutal enforcement of French will on Africans and Arabs. It is possible to have spent up to 10 years in the Legion without being called up to murder Africans, but it is just a matter of time.

Until the next adventure comes up, legionnaires will train, drill, oil their weapons and develop their esprit de corps, in preparation for the next violent action---against Africans or Arabs. These young legionnaires are mistaking these interludes for the true mission of their regiment. Our mission (on this website) is to speak the truth regardless of how much it disillusions you. You are not boyscouts!

The Legion has been forced to act with more restraint since the 1980s, because of pervasive press, that often arrives at the site of trouble before the legionnaires. It has become increasingly difficult to act with absolute brutality without embarrassing the master.

by Legion apologist... for what ever its worth.

BobW

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Don't forget that the evil French Foreign Legionaires used lethal force to introduce Pasteurization and the rabies vaccine to the colonies.

To view the modern colonial experience outside of the actual historical framework, is not really viewing it. Yes, colonialism was brutal. It was also not brutal. Heck, Hong Kong, BCC produced more "native" or local millionaires than le President of the Central African Empire did in his paradise.

Amities,
BobW

OP
D

DanMitsu

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I think (i have not had the honor, to serve with them) the individual that wrote, was defently standing on the "out-side" so ta speak. Now rather, that he felt it was important to only bring out certain issues. Was merely to grab the attention of a person, that was searching for information such as myself. Im not sure what, motivates the author. But his words, are self-centered. With a narrow perception, to exclude. The real facts, they give people a second chance, for what ever reason. With the only string is to respect, and faithfully abi-le people you serve, with. Someone has, needs, and does answer the call.

I orginally found the 1st posted arcticle searching for more information about this unit. After i read it,.. my blood thickend. To someone such as the author to write-Espirt de Corps, it is,.. and will,.. allways be, just words.

Most viewed threads of the week