On the Streets of France?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
You think that is bad, this is what I have to put with every day. Well perhaps not every day, because I let Erika do the talking. You would be surprised the difference in attitude to a woman and a man here. As far as they are concerned your male farang (equivalent to gringo) is loaded with money and get any Thai girl he wants.
I can speak, read and write very basic Thai, but don't bother. Believe me there is only one thing that interests them : Money.

You think that is bad, this is what I have to put with every day. Well perhaps not every day, because I let Erika do the talking. You would be surprised the difference in attitude to a woman and a man here. As far as they are concerned your male farang (equivalent to gringo) is loaded with money and get any Thai girl he wants.
I can speak, read and write very basic Thai, but don't bother. Believe me there is only one thing that interests them : Money.

So, is there like a Brit Community where you live? Some places you get this, like in Spain, etc. If I was living there I would just act like I'm the big shot ...but then again you'll maybe get mugged...:unsure:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
So, is there like a Brit Community where you live? Some places you get this, like in Spain, etc. If I was living there I would just act like I'm the big shot ...but then again you'll maybe get mugged...:unsure:
There is a Brit community, not quite on the same standards as in Spain and a big German community also. I avoid them. There is also a small French community which Erika sometimes has to put up with. She was telling me that once she was sitting in a cafe and within 25 mins was surrounded by French speakers, all males who have Thai wives or girlfriends. They never come near her when I'm there probably because they think we want to be on our own, :rolleyes::unsure: yeah we do.
Next month is when all the Scandinavians come over to get away from the winter. That is when you really have to watch your change and the prices.

There is a Brit community, not quite on the same standards as in Spain and a big German community also. I avoid them. There is also a small French community which Erika sometimes has to put up with. She was telling me that once she was sitting in a cafe and within 25 mins was surrounded by French speakers, all males who have Thai wives or girlfriends. They never come near her when I'm there probably because they think we want to be on our own, :rolleyes::unsure: yeah we do.
Next month is when all the Scandinavians come over to get away from the winter. That is when you really have to watch your change and the prices.
Ah...ok. Yes I could imagine. I think I would behave myself there... Thai jails don't look good, plus I don't want to meet a Lady Boy :oops:

Maybe Camping would be a good option. I remember reading in the daily record newspaper a story about two Scots who did this also picking grapes... They joined the Legion. One left & the other stayed...might be some cheap camping sites. Just a thought...

Most viewed threads of the week