On this day

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I try and avoid the topic of South African politics, too much opinion , touchy feelings and finger pointing, not enough fact. I'll be happy being Google translate:giggle:
As I understand many white people from SA wouldn't agree with "referred to as the father of the nation by South Africans" part.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
As I understand many white people from SA wouldn't agree with "referred to as the father of the nation by South Africans" part.
There's a common misconception that only the whites of South Africa have a negative view on the ending of Apartheid and how it was done.

Some of the more extremist views on the black side viewed Mandela as a sell out who stopped the "Revolution."

On a interesting side note it wasn't the ANC or SACP that ended apartheid. There was a referendum held in 1992 in which only whites could vote to either end apartheid or continue it. 87% of the White population voted to end apartheid.....

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, on this day my wife and I went shopping for vegetables, we also picked up a few cases of beer, so my future seems pretty well secured. The weather is fine. Basically another Groundhog Day in my neck of the woods, and I’m not complaining either.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, on this day my wife and I went shopping for vegetables, we also picked up a few cases of beer, so my future seems pretty well secured. The weather is fine. Basically another Groundhog Day in my neck of the woods, and I’m not complaining either.
:ROFLMAO:Big Jonny

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Ira Hayes was the Native American who just did not want to be in the lime light. If I remember correctly, he met a sad death but was still buried with full military honours.