a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historical Moments On this day

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
To everyone that celebrates, congrats !
(It would be nice if we had some decor on Camerone Day or Bastille Day? Something red and green?:unsure:)
What about tomorrow's Dusa Rant Day, perhaps we could have someone blowing their top or even 😡 exploding on the page.
Just a suggestion.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Dusaboss, take it easy... The forum software being American, I guess all those fireworks and hats over each member's avatar are simply put there by default. I guess the webmaster must be able to customize that (delete the 4th July animation, add different ones at different dates, etc.) but he probably has other fishes to fry. So, stay calm and have a beer :whistle:... And happy Jour de l'indépendance pour mes amis américains.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Take it easy Dusa, let the members from the US enjoy their day and tomorrow we'll slot in a Thai National Dusa rant Day; between the bikinis and the Monks.
Edit : It's done !
No ! I'm standing Brits to take their land back! :)
Chas, did you have one of those red uniforms when you were a young marine? :)

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks my friend! Thank you very much for saying that!
I had many things going through my mind, but I would decide to stay silent (for now).

For now I have only one question. Why the F is there that stupid uncle Sam's hat over my avatar head?!? I would understand that if I want join US marines, or anything related with USA, but this way... No

In meantime now members can't join from!!! But someone had enough time to put this "pretty" theme on.... What to say?

I would really like to wish happy Independence Day for all our American friends (and I do that for all those good folks out there). But why forum management decided to do this? If American (good and honest American) point that this isn't right ...what should I say?
Unfortunately media showing to people only that completely different America. And many people hate them without knowing any American. I'm not buying into that mainstream media B shit!

Thanks once again Crawdad!

I have long been of the opinion that you ought to have been born, not just in America, but in the South. You, sir, seem thus far to embrace our ideals. Henceforth, I dub thee an honorary Southerner; and if USMCRET concurs after a period of evalution , perhaps an honorary Coonass. Along with Perun, of course.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

"Of course! US and UK marines are best soldiers in the world!!! Can we ever have debate or doubts in that? Of course not!"*
Quote from Dusa.
Today 11 July 1798 US Marine Corps established by an act of Congress.

* well put Dusa.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
"Of course! US and UK marines are best soldiers in the world!!! Can we ever have debate or doubts in that? Of course not!"* Quote from Dusa.

* well put Dusa.

One of the coolest things about the USMC. It was born in a bar!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A little more about France and its revolution(s)

The 1848 Revolution in France, sometimes known as the February Revolution (révolution de Février), was one of a wave of revolutions in 1848 in Europe. In France the revolutionary events ended the July Monarchy (1830–1848) and led to the creation of the French Second Republic.

1594691991195.png

(La Liberté guidant le peuple)▶*

There have been five republics in the history of France: French First Republic (1792–1804) French Second Republic (1848–1852) French Third Republic (1870–1940)
France adopted the constitution of the Fourth Republic on 13 October 1946. ... Moreover, the government proved unable to make effective decisions regarding decolonization of the numerous remaining French colonies. After a series of crises, most importantly the Algerian crisis of 1958, the Fourth Republic collapsed.

*In most imaginations, when the guards of the Bastille were overwhelmed on July 14th, 1789, a flood of wrongly interred prisoners poured into the streets of Paris. The real scale of the breakout, however, is somewhat disappointing: only seven people were being held captive at the time. One of them was the notorious Marquis▶ de Sade, but still. In fact, it was the huge store of arms and gunpowder that was of interest to the revolutionaries. More impressively, the fortress was dismantled entirely by hand and the bricks were given away or sold as symbols of tyranny’s inevitable downfall.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
"Of course! US and UK marines are best soldiers in the world!!! Can we ever have debate or doubts in that? Of course not!"* Quote from Dusa.

* well put Dusa.

By authorization of the Continental it was ordered that 2 battalion Marines be established. The birth place is Tun Tavern, Pennsylvania. Captain Samuel Nichols was the original Marine charged with recruiting

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I don't have it. I just noticing that those two units (marines) are not so strong on modesty. Maybe that is part of training. I would also like for my men to think they are better then enemy. But I would also like not to underestimate foe. I know that is hard when most of your enemies are so behind you with weapons and all other things.
It's not so easy when most of time enemy is gothF-ers in slippers with 50 yr old AKs. :) Still modesty is important.
And I believe there is many of marines there who are humble. I can't say that about every US or UK marine whom I have ever met, But if I'm talking about some guys here and some from other places and compare them to FFL (Not night jumping guys :)) modesty is not on your side.

Let me give you example. First I think you are good person and you have many good attributes and I respect you. I'm not saying you are boastful just saying I can't call you modest. Especially when you talking about your teams. (USMC. your state, America, etc )
How many US Marines finished their contract honorably? Do you wont me to believe that all of them are really good soldiers, really good men and other superlatives? All
while putting down other (especially non allied armies)...

If you ding that (and from my experience you do) , sorry but I can't consider you for modest man.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I
It's not so easy when most of time enemy is gothF-ers in slippers with 50 yr old AKs.

Goat F'ers. Not "Goth F'ers". Jesus.

This is a Goth:
goth.jpg

They're a weird subculture in the West that dress like frigging Victorian-era vampires and worship Death, or the Devil maybe, and are just plain odd. I'd maybe date one, but I'd not eat them.

Goats, on the other hand, are -just- okay to eat. Probably shouldn't shag 'em though.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Monday 15 July, 1799.

A French soldier Pierre -Francois Bouchard discovered the Rosetta Stone, a carved tablet which had been used as a building block, near the town of Rashid in Egypt.

It was the first ancient Egyptian bilingual text found in modern times.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Goat F'ers. Not "Goth F'ers". Jesus.

This is a Goth:
View attachment 6325

They're a weird subculture in the West that dress like frigging Victorian-era vampires and worship Death, or the Devil maybe, and are just plain odd. I'd maybe date one, but I'd not eat them.

Sorry, my mistake. :) BTW That doesn't look like real goth girl. It's too hot and shiny. I think its some model dressed as goth.

Goats, on the other hand, are -just- okay to eat. Probably shouldn't shag 'em though.
I shouldn't? :cry:

Do you know that in one point president of Yugoslavia Tito ordered all goats to be slaughtered. Long time I knew for that , but they usually don't tell us why he did that. So at first you think is just bizarre order from dictator and in reality there is method behind madness. Goats are devastating young trees. In parts where goats are waist once all old tree is cut or dead there would be no more trees. And you don't need large number of goats for devastating effect. Sheeps and other animals or fine, but goats really look like devils animal.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Monday 15 July, 1799.

A French soldier Pierre -Francois Bouchard discovered the Rosetta Stone, a carved tablet which had been used as a building block, near the town of Rashid in Egypt.

It was the first ancient Egyptian bilingual text found in modern times.
That is amazing Chas, I was just reading about that today, it happened during le petit caporal's reign

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, my mistake. :) BTW That doesn't look like real goth girl. It's too hot and shiny. I think its some model dressed as goth.

I shouldn't? :cry:

Do you know that in one point president of Yugoslavia Tito ordered all goats to be slaughtered. Long time I knew for that , but they usually don't tell us why he did that. So at first you think is just bizarre order from dictator and in reality there is method behind madness. Goats are devastating young trees. In parts where goats are waist once all old tree is cut or dead there would be no more trees. And you don't need large number of goats for devastating effect. Sheeps and other animals or fine, but goats really look like devils animal.

In 1961 every Chinese community was turned out to deal with sparrows by the Chinese government who claimed that if every sparrow ate two pieces of grain the populace would starve. These birds can't stay airborne for more than two hours (Unlike the Night Jumper.) So they beat drums and gongs, waved flags and fired guns of all calibres and the poor little birdies dropped out of the sky with exhaustion. They were then eaten.:D

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Unlike the Night Jumper.
Gone but not forgotten

Jan 23, 2012

"Hello every body,

I joined the FFL (sous "identité déclarée") shortly after becoming a member of this forum. I spent several weeks for selection and then months for instruction. I am now a légionnaire in 2 REP where I got my "brevet parachutiste" recently. After that came more intensive training. And I love every second of it ! This is the first time I have a few minutes to communicate with the forum. Do you believe that it is still OK to be a member since I am now an active REPMAN ?*

Legion greetings to all,"
loustic

*Pathetic

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't have it. I just noticing that those two units (marines) are not so strong on modesty. Maybe that is part of training. I would also like for my men to think they are better then enemy. But I would also like not to underestimate foe. I know that is hard when most of your enemies are so behind you with weapons and all other things.
It's not so easy when most of time enemy is gothF-ers in slippers with 50 yr old AKs. :) Still modesty is important.
And I believe there is many of marines there who are humble. I can't say that about every US or UK marine whom I have ever met, But if I'm talking about some guys here and some from other places and compare them to FFL (Not night jumping guys :)) modesty is not on your side.

Let me give you example. First I think you are good person and you have many good attributes and I respect you. I'm not saying you are boastful just saying I can't call you modest. Especially when you talking about your teams. (USMC. your state, America, etc )
How many US Marines finished their contract honorably? Do you wont me to believe that all of them are really good soldiers, really good men and other superlatives? All
while putting down other (especially non allied armies)...

If you ding that (and from my experience you do) , sorry but I can't consider you for modest man.

I know, Dusa, have not been on the site in a while, it was good to rattle your cage to say hello