a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historical Moments On this day

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

assassin dressed as a FedEx driver murdered the husband & shot son of a judge on the Jeffrey Epstein case.

When I see Daily Mail I'm always checking twice. That woman was in case against Deutsche bank for them doing business with Epstein after his first confection in 2008. Nothing serious. Banks do business with shady people all the time. Sometimes they pay fine sometimes they get away. That is how they do business. Is it's not something they would kill people for.

I think there much more likely target was her husband. Key words:
" Her husband is a prominent criminal defense attorney who has represented members of the Bloods "

"Anderl was a prosecutor for 10 years before switching to private practice. During his time in the prosecutor's office, he tried more than 100 cases including 33 murder trials."

So that woman did work on case involving Epstein but that is not "The Epstein case". More likely just click byte from Dailymail.

I'm really sorry for that kid, but prosecutor guy... I don't know anything about this case so I won't comment, but knowing have prosecutors in US do job I won't be surprised that he deserved something to happen.
Many of them don't care about truth, don't care justice, not even so much about law. Only they want is to put people behind bars much as they can and with maximum sentences. Its not only their fault, its wrongly organized system who awards that obviously damaging behavior for society. No one will ask revenge on judge or prosecutor after trial is over and if he is really quilty. Put innocent man behind bars and that is problem.
I really don't know what happened here, but if I have to put my bets... that is scenario I'm going with.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
When I see Daily Mail I'm always checking twice. That woman was in case against Deutsche bank for them doing business with Epstein after his first confection in 2008. Nothing serious. Banks do business with shady people all the time. Sometimes they pay fine sometimes they get away. That is how they do business. Is it's not something they would kill people for.

I think there much more likely target was her husband. Key words:
" Her husband is a prominent criminal defense attorney who has represented members of the Bloods "

"Anderl was a prosecutor for 10 years before switching to private practice. During his time in the prosecutor's office, he tried more than 100 cases including 33 murder trials."

So that woman did work on case involving Epstein but that is not "The Epstein case". More likely just click byte from Dailymail.

I'm really sorry for that kid, but prosecutor guy... I don't know anything about this case so I won't comment, but knowing have prosecutors in US do job I won't be surprised that he deserved something to happen.
Many of them don't care about truth, don't care justice, not even so much about law. Only they want is to put people behind bars much as they can and with maximum sentences. Its not only their fault, its wrongly organized system who awards that obviously damaging behavior for society. No one will ask revenge on judge or prosecutor after trial is over and if he is really quilty. Put innocent man behind bars and that is problem.
I really don't know what happened here, but if I have to put my bets... that is scenario I'm going with.

Dusa, the scenario you wrote out is completely feasible of it being a personal vendetta from a past case of the husband career, but I disagree about it being a gang hit.

My reasoning being even gangs/criminal syndicates have protocols and hierarchies put in place to greenlight a hit on very public figure such as a prosecutor married to a judge.
It only attracts the mighty and heavy boot of US Law enforcement or even worse the FBI (the biggest and strongest gang) on their necks.

Even the gang unit task force in the police departments work with leaders of gangs such as the bloods. They've learned from the past eliminating gang leaders and etc only leads to a power vacuum and creates more gang wars.

Targeting police, judges, prosecutors, is a big no no in the USA. Even much larger international criminal organizations such as cartels think twice, thrice before putting a hit on US officials, judges, etc. Think the Reagan Era. They killed and annihilated gangsters, cartels with extreme prejudice and impunity. Also simple economics; it's bad for business.

Now if it were a personal vendetta; the individual or group would have to have amazing connections, or hired private intel reconnaissance contractors for alot of money.

Hell, I'm 100% sure this family that has suffered has special agents from the FBI assigned to monitor / protect them.

This news story has been covered by other outlets, you can pick and choose CNN, NPR, BBC, whatever your heart desires. In this case DailyMail. No extreme deviation between them all.

It isn't a single Epstein case. There are and will be several investigations and cases revolving around Epstein. The financial side being one of the or most IMPORTANT parts.

I can rant several lifetimes about the corruption and ineffectiveness in SOME parts of the US legal system. No system is perfect. Especially when it involves human interaction. BUT I would like to say the USA Constitution is a beautiful work of art, and great set of standards, which unfortunately is being trampled on in my country. Also the Declaration des droit de l'homme et du citoyen de 1789 is equally beautiful in my eyes.

*edit* I would also like to say my original post was very "CLICK BAIT" :LOL:

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You ommited the bribing Cops and other arseholes
Scour of the earth.... imo (unless you are a republican)
Authority!
In a more than ever over crowded planet... victims do not have much voice
Planet is over crowded anyway....breath easy
Am convinced, he had shady deals to answer for

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Gents let's not stray from the title of the thread :). I thought that someone would have mentioned about Neil and Buzz, with Mike hovering in the getaway vessel.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Authority!
Gents let's not stray from the title of the thread :). I thought that someone would have mentioned about Neil and Buzz, with Mike hovering in the getaway vessel.

Affirmative. Wrong place to post such gossip, and speculation. I apologize.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Authority!
Planet is over crowded anyway....breath easy
Am convinced, he had shady deals to answer for

Within the Coalition of the Republican party here in the US they have Libertarians. Libertarians hate authority with a passion.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
July 21, 1798 on this date the Battle of the Pyramids took place

Napoléon's victory was attributed to the implementation of his one significant tactical innovation, the massive divisional square.

"Napoleon had formed his forces into five squares as he had at Shubrā Khit. These “squares”—actually rectangles with a full brigade forming the front and back lines and half a brigade forming each side—could move or fight in any direction. Each was six ranks of infantry deep on all sides and protected cavalry and transport in their centres. The squares effectively repulsed the massed charges of the Mamlūk horsemen, shooting them as they approached and bayoneting any that broached the squares. As the centre held against the charge, the right and left flanks continued forward, forming a crescent shape and nearly surrounding the remaining Egyptian forces, a motley array of mercenaries and peasants."

I timestamped a video with a visual representation of the square formation.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
101st Airborne !
2003 Members of 101st Airborne of the United States, aided by Special Forces, attack a compound in Iraq, killing Saddam Hussein's sons Uday and Qusay, along with Mustapha Hussein, Qusay's 14-year old son, and a bodyguard.

I believe that was ratorojo (OP of 'what are you listening to today), old regiment.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
This was yesterday.
Because why not? There is never enough mosques and there is way too many museums. There is deficit of faith and surplus of culture, especially in islamic countries. Don't know how to react. This: :), this:😠 or this:😢

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It was a Church (i'm not sure which denomination, probably orthodox) before that it was originally a mosques. As a Museum, it had over 4 million paying visitors last year, a major cut in income for the city, so I'm going with :cry:.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Saint Sophie was a Byzantin création,
The Orthodox religion was inspired from there
It was a church and after several, fires and earth quakes, was rebuild to take it's actual form, with the help of the Ottomans...

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
July 21, 1798 on this date the Battle of the Pyramids took place

Napoléon's victory was attributed to the implementation of his one significant tactical innovation, the massive divisional square.

"Napoleon had formed his forces into five squares as he had at Shubrā Khit. These “squares”—actually rectangles with a full brigade forming the front and back lines and half a brigade forming each side—could move or fight in any direction. Each was six ranks of infantry deep on all sides and protected cavalry and transport in their centres. The squares effectively repulsed the massed charges of the Mamlūk horsemen, shooting them as they approached and bayoneting any that broached the squares. As the centre held against the charge, the right and left flanks continued forward, forming a crescent shape and nearly surrounding the remaining Egyptian forces, a motley array of mercenaries and peasants."

I timestamped a video with a visual representation of the square formation.
So was it the British or French who made the first infantry squares? And who made the best use of them😉