a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One man's experience

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Another negative post on the Legion... Peter, I'm afraid this is going to attract you another salvo of harsh comments and I won't do anything to prevent it. I sometimes wonder if you don't like it, in the end.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I do not really see it as a negative description of the Legion since the first part describes merely his experience during training. It is more of a negative description of himself for not having the balls to tough it out. I am actually surprized that he would write an article about his desertion. It certainly is not a stigma that I would want to have :mad:

ViruValge

Reaction score
Bon jour and congratulations to Joe
And best wishes to all anciens.
It is not absolutely the problem I would mess about, but - the story is a literature, I mean, fake. The bloke has never been even close to L (avoiding holy names). I'v never been in any army but such a story I could produce and tell easily and people would believe me that wastheredonethat. Just name me a regiment and I'll lie better.
Sorry, just my second-generation journalism woke up.
Best, better than one could imagine, to everyone.

ViruValge (by the way, it's Estonian national vodka:)

ViruValge

Reaction score
Man sollte nicht persönlich werden.Mais, c'est pas ma probeme.Sorry to write that. And general de division Georges Margueritte lead the last attack at Sedan (1870), 1000 cavalier against 200 Kanonen. Tell me again that the French are cowards....
A moi la Legion!

BobW

Top Member
Reaction score
Bonjour and Orchin Pre Ot Nah ViruValge,

Glad to read your post.

Retired General Kalashnikov recently started marketing a vodka in the USA. I asked another website cadre if the miniature bottles will be in the shape of the 7.62x39 cartridge. The General's vodka is 82 proof (weak, for recovering from illness use only. At the same time, America's famous bourbon whiskey, "Jack Daniels" (my psychological counselor) is being reduced to 80 proof.

Saluations and Paka,
BobW
U.S.A.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
Peter Lyderik said:
Though my initial replies were deleted by the moderators (..I wonder why..), I can't help but state again that this is another pathetic post without a shred of independent thought or analysis.

People like you and the author of this article should crawl back to their rathole and stay there.

I have still to read your opinion of the FFL or sustained reasoning/argument about any of the issues raised in your posts. Otherwise, you seem very limited to links to someone else's articles, books, websites. This is a very poor contribution..

This kind of article denigrates the issue of rememberance of those KIA, wounded, mutilated or otherwise affected during the FFL battles or during their service in the FFL; and those who stuck through the difficult people and difficult situations since the inception of the FFL. You still don't get it....

WELL DONE, YET AGAIN, HERR LYDERICK

Last edited:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
The reason those three posts were deleted was due to the fact that they were personal arguments about the integrity of the persons involved.

Denny

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
From my memory, I read about that man on the old message board - I think he posted the message himself, basically the same story as in the article - pitty the old message board is not available any more.
Regards,
Denny

Ralf174978

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Scott Boyens joined the FFL in August 1987 in Lille. His Mle is 174847. His name in the FFL was Peter Bauer. Maybe someone remember his Legions name? He deserted in May 1989 from the 2° REP.