a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
It's been one month since DCLXVI (666) walked through the gates of Aubagne for his 3rd attempt in something like 11 or 12 years. While it's possible that he was selected in the week before Christmas on the 17th, two weeks is kind of short and while it does happen I think it's equally possible that he will be going before the commission today as last week there was no selection commission due to Christmas. So he's either in Castel now or on the verge of selection today.

All the best to my friend DCLXVI, super long time member of the forum and a close personal friend from back in the day when we were both roommates and training hard for selection daily. He's a man who kept the dream alive despite a lot of HUGE ups and downs in his life. Hoping he's either in or getting selected today and hope not to hear from him for another few months if all goes well.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Nick, funnily enough I was wondering if anyone had heard from 666. I knew he was going in December. I've had a few PMs from him and know his story, so I really hope it all turns out well for him. Three times is a lot, but if he has the right mental attitude then there should be no reason that he doesn't get in.

The only thing with going over the Christmas period means that they just might keep you long enough to take down the decorations and then say good bye. So 666, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Changing subject slightly, I say slightly, because 666 will be involved later. The legion is patrolling the streets of Paris (and most likely elsewhere). I saw it on the news as everyone is hyped up about a St Sylvestre terrorist attack. Christmas is spent in the legion, which has always existed but where they can, the legion give you time off at New year, here we've got legionnaires and of course other French squaddies and police and gendarmes patrolling the streets because a bunch of fanatics might try again.

I didn't see which regiment it was as they don't do a close up of cap badges, but even still, those that are looking to join, this is the type of thing that you can expect. Just as the legion are always sent on compagnie tournants (overseas tours) around this same period which means the regulars can spend Christmas at home. There is no "mauvais esprit" ,"bad disposition" here, I was quite glad to get the extra money Christmas or not.

So tonight as you have a glass of Jamesons, Jack Daniels (yes you know who you are, there's a thread !) or Chang beer, have a thought for the guys patrolling the streets, and of course for 666 and the other lads in Aubagne.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Thumbs crossed for 666! My journey to the legion is also getting closer. What was 666 stats before he went NickFurry? e.g luc leger and pullups?

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Thumbs crossed for 666! My journey to the legion is also getting closer. What was 666 stats before he went NickFurry? e.g luc leger and pullups?

Not sure, I didn't pay attention when he told me. haha He's a personal training and a PT machine....All I remember was it was so far above what I can do that it was another world of intensity and so he will kill the requirements. He did tons of weights, body weight, High intensity training, sprints, running stairs, etc.
A year ago he was doing 25 behind the neck pullups nice and slow so now? Haha He's a freaking freak of nature, but that's due to extreme intensity and diligence in his training.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
I was thinking that he'd gone to selection since he's been quiet for some time now. Fingers crossed for him!

IanElKantara

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
FutureLegio also said that he would be leaving in november, and has not logged in since october. We've exchanged a few PMs too.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I wish him all the best. I knew when he went but promised to keep silent.
Without giving further information Loustic may know more.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
We didnt agree on a lot of things but I hope both guys made it

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's been one month since DCLXVI (666) walked through the gates of Aubagne for his 3rd attempt in something like 11 or 12 years. While it's possible that he was selected in the week before Christmas on the 17th, two weeks is kind of short and while it does happen I think it's equally possible that he will be going before the commission today as last week there was no selection commission due to Christmas. So he's either in Castel now or on the verge of selection today.

All the best to my friend DCLXVI, super long time member of the forum and a close personal friend from back in the day when we were both roommates and training hard for selection daily. He's a man who kept the dream alive despite a lot of HUGE ups and downs in his life. Hoping he's either in or getting selected today and hope not to hear from him for another few months if all goes well.

So how old is he ?

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Slovenia
Yeah Nick I thought I should PM you and ask how he is doing I was sure he went. I also hope he makes it in I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, I mean 11 years is not just trying its a life style already. If you hear from him let us know !

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Yeah Nick I thought I should PM you and ask how he is doing I was sure he went. I also hope he makes it in I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, I mean 11 years is not just trying its a life style already. If you hear from him let us know !

Will do but pretty sure he made it in. A month gone by and no doubt he's in Castel or soon on his way. We'll hear from him in a few months or when he gets posted to regiment.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Netherlands
Will do but pretty sure he made it in. A month gone by and no doubt he's in Castel or soon on his way. We'll hear from him in a few months or when he gets posted to regiment.

Have a few beers in my fridge for him on his first leave

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
I wish him all the best. I knew when he went but promised to keep silent.
Without giving further information Loustic may know more.

I don't know more than you Chas. I only know that 666 entered the gate on December 2, that he promised me to let me know about his result whether good or bad and that one month, even with Christmas, seems a maximum for a decision by the selection commission. So I expect a message one day or another saying "Sorry, I gave it all but they did not take me" ... or NO MESSAGE for the time being, which would mean that 666 is in Castel or at the farm, in full winter. It would be very hard, but that is what I wish him as New Year present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most viewed threads of the week