a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Not yet, but since it is more than 2 months since they "tried" to join, I assume they succeeded. FloridaMedic is probably now proudly wearing his Képi Blanc and 666 will receive his one of these days, if he has not received it yet.

In both cases, they might have a short QL which would enable them to tell us directly that they are now "one of us"

666 would be a story of never giving up that I would like to see come to completion with him succeeding on this try. Say what you will about the guy, but you have to respect the fact that this is his 3rd (4th maybe?) time giving it a go. It's truly inspiring.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Sweden
DC:s third try, with the Legion, you rarely get more then twice, if i were still doing the job, you wouldn't even have a second chance. 'Why'? You may ask, well, you were a waste of time on the 'first encounter', anyway, soak it up, it isn't you 'hiring', 'ainsi, c'est la vie.' :)

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Was he a bad guy or something?. I only ask because as you said, if he was bad would he not have just been told to never come come back. Is that right?. AmI missing information?. If someone was not a good candidate, would they just be told to never come back?. After three tries, i would think just on that merit alone it would show that he is determined. I dont know the whole story or much at all about the selection but it would show, personally, that the guy Means business. Sorry, i just dont know much aboit the whole process.

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thank you. I just dont know the terms and conditions of the selection process. Im sure he made it then? If no one heard from him and he went again. Hope he is well. Sounds like a driven kind of dude.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Sweden
Thank you. I just dont know the terms and conditions (...)

To serve France, wherever the government seems fit for you to go. Being a volunteer, medical fit ( eye, hearing, psychiatric, etc, fit), physical fit, know how to write, read (in your own language) and count. No mayor criminal background and be in the ages between '17 and a half (this, can only be made happen on the European continent, no help can be provided, from NO ONE.) & 40'. Have valid identifications papers, such as a valid passport, or for E.U, ID-card. Being able to pay for your return home in case, being turned down.

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
OK. Thank you. That was very useful information to me, I thank you.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Was he a bad guy or something?.

666 is a good guy who did not have lots of luck. He did his best to repair whatever he had broken, to study seriously and instead of staying coolly at home and have all the benefit of his studies, he starts again to be accepted and live the hard but wonderful life of the legionnaires.

Much respect to him. That's what I know and I am not ready to share more.

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
If you ask me, and no one has, but, I think he sounds like a man who deserved it honestly. I don't know him or of him but it seems the way some members speak of him, they know a lot more than is being told. Which I respect. That being said, he must have worked hard in many ways and over came many obstacles. To me that is inspiring. It does sound like he had more determination that others. Not saying he is better or anything. Just that there must be a good reason why from what I have seen, many men speak highly of him. I hope he got in. I hope that he was given his day and that they let him in after all he has done. He tried three times?????. That speaks volumes, if you ask me.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Considering 666 probably started Castel around the New Year, we should hear from him by the end of April/early May when he should most likely be going to his regiment. I figure we will hear from florida medic sometime in March.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Considering 666 probably started Castel around the New Year, we should hear from him by the end of April/early May when he should most likely be going to his regiment. I figure we will hear from florida medic sometime in March.

666 entered the "Silence Zone" on December 2. Since we did not hear from him, either via the forum or via PM, we can assume that he is "IN". We can even assume that he has finished "the farm" and received his Képi Blanc. But there might have been delays because the section was not complete. So let's wait and let's hope that 666 will have the possibility to contact at least one of us during the very short QL which is often customary now after the reception of the Képi Blanc. At worse we should be completely informed by the end of May !

i really wish him to get what he tries so hard to get !

Troubadour

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
666 entered the "Silence Zone" on December 2. Since we did not hear from him, either via the forum or via PM, we can assume that he is "IN". We can even assume that he has finished "the farm" and received his Képi Blanc. But there might have been delays because the section was not complete. So let's wait and let's hope that 666 will have the possibility to contact at least one of us during the very short QL which is often customary now after the reception of the Képi Blanc. At worse we should be completely informed by the end of May !

i really wish him to get what he tries so hard to get !

God dammit, stop updating this thread :)

I keep getting excited thinking someone has had contact.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ballard singer- patience is a virtue- calm down- even I get a boost to my pacemaker when I believe they have made it. The gentlemen going for the 3rd attempt deserves great respect. He overcame many personal problems and I shall oblige by 'omerta'.
Now my mobile zimmer frame is bringing me my hot chocolate and croissants. A wife can be useful. lol 47 years soon !

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
It`s always possible neither of them got in then decided to go off and join the Peshmerga :)

Status
Not open for further replies.