a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Best of luck to him. Hope he finds what he is looking for.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
True, mental "fitness" is the key. Mouth closed, eyes and ears open + three pillars.
But he will have no problems earning his meals : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVPcMn3ImZ0

We were never friends or agreed on the matters, but honestly: best of luck to him !

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Best of luck to DC, explains why he isn't answering my texts anymore.

FloridaMedic I have to imagine at this point, 2+ months in has made it past selection at the very least. Good for him. Now onto the Kepi and finishing his training.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
Aye, am awaiting positive news from him and hopefully later from DC (even if it were a 'Love and Hate' shituation, c'est la vie!).

I'm sure he will have a very different perspective on things after he's done with training and with his regiment (I know he wanted the 2REP as his first choice and I think 3REI as second choice). Time and experience smooths out rough edges and makes past differences seem silly in retrospect.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
One and a half month since 666 entered the big gates of Aubagne. Does anyone have news (good or bad) ? I think we can assume that he is in now !

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'd say the dudes made it, but Christmas might have ****ed things up a bit. I think we can say with certainty that FloridaMedic has made it in at least past selection or he just hasn't updated us yet.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
I'd say the dudes made it, but Christmas might have ****ed things up a bit. I think we can say with certainty that FloridaMedic has made it in at least past selection or he just hasn't updated us yet.

They obviously both made it, you won't spend more than 4 weeks in selection except in the rarest of circumstances, the usual is 3 weeks. They are both in as we would have heard from them. We will hear from both of them in a few months.

This is great news all around. Be an interesting year as they are taking in more guys and we have had a virtual flood of guys from around the world jumping on the board. Shitty economy and few options back home is driving lots of guys towards the Legion...win win.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Untill we hear from both I'm going with no news is good news!
Does anybody have any news regarding Armakkedon? I was offline when he went (I think around september?). He was not active on forum for a while now, also hope it's no news - good news!

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Untill we hear from both I'm going with no news is good news!
Does anybody have any news regarding Armakkedon? I was offline when he went (I think around september?). He was not active on forum for a while now, also hope it's no news - good news!

If I do remember he went, was selected but went civil after the instruction was finished. :eek:

I sincerely hope I am wrong, could anybody please correct me ? :confused:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
??? Not happy to hear that. His life - his choice. I'll comb the threads to see did post why. He was very eager, to bad he changed his mind. Thank you loustic.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Has anyone gotten any updates from 666 or FloridaMedic?

Not yet, but since it is more than 2 months since they "tried" to join, I assume they succeeded. FloridaMedic is probably now proudly wearing his Képi Blanc and 666 will receive his one of these days, if he has not received it yet.

In both cases, they might have a short QL which would enable them to tell us directly that they are now "one of us"

Status
Not open for further replies.