a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Maybe, maybe not,one valid reason why we haven't 'heard' from them, 'anonymity', no writing, no phonecalls, no nothing. Voilà!

How long is this communication restriction in place for ?

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered

As long as they want it too be. 4 months instruction and if posted as jungle bunnies could be up too another six months after.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada

In many cases, presently, new legionnaires get a short "Quartier Libre" (QL) after receiving their Képi Blanc. In that case, if they want to race to a bar with internet and computers, they can send a message, but they don't get their own phone in hand !!!

Of course if they want to use their two hourse freetime drinking or meeting girls, we don't get messages !

In my time, it was "communication restriction" while we were waiting in Aubagne for the decision of the selection commission (3 weeks in my case), then 4 months of instruction, then moving to Calvi and one more month "confined to barracks" during the para promo. Which gives about 6 months of silence.

Since I was confined to Camp Raffalli immediately after for trying to buy a computer with non detailed request for permission tu buy, I spent nearly one year without being allowed to communicate with my own computer bought with my own money !

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
When I was in Rouge section, we got told we were allowed to send a pre-written letter with our name on it to our next of kin

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Really? I have never heard of that.
Maybe it is the new Legion ;-)

Nope. :)
Didn't happen to us and I didn't hear of it. Outside contact is kind of a big thing so we discussed all possible options and this one was not offered to us or anyone that I know.
But I don't say it didn't happen because a lot of stuff depends on who is in charge of you and in what mood is he. ;)

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Surfguy,

Why would you think those guys went to Syria?. Did they say they would or something?. Were they not fit enough or something when they went?.Was that like a back up plan for them or something, like plan B?. Wouldn't they be broke if they didn't get in?. I don't know, just seems pretty far fetched?.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Surfguy is just joking around....they are both still in basic. We will hear from them after basic is finished or when they are allowed some time off...though they would probably rather get a beer, some pizza and look at girls if that is an options and rightfully so. :)

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
But I don't say it didn't happen because a lot of stuff depends on who is in charge of you and in what mood is he. ;)

Indeed. However this would completely contradict the standing Legion regulations, and with my modest experience, I find that unlikely.
Unless of course, the regulations on the "l'anonymat" has changed, but I have no informations that confirms this.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Indeed. However this would completely contradict the standing Legion regulations, and with my modest experience, I find that unlikely.
Unless of course, the regulations on the "l'anonymat" has changed, but I have no informations that confirms this.

As far as I know obligatory anonymity returnd in 10/2014. Before that for some years you would need a damn good reason to give them a request to change your name.
Maybe that is the reason he had that option and we didn't...

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
As far as I know obligatory anonymity returnd in 10/2014. Before that for some years you would need a damn good reason to give them a request to change your name.
Maybe that is the reason he had that option and we didn't...

Actually whatever the texts would be saying, it would be extremely counterproductive for the Legion to invite all the new recruits/legionnaires to write home and inform next of kind.
The Legion would be overrun by requests from the whole world.
OK we accept them when they come, but I cannot imagine anybody encouraging them.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Actually whatever the texts would be saying, it would be extremely counterproductive for the Legion to invite all the new recruits/legionnaires to write home and inform next of kind.
The Legion would be overrun by requests from the whole world.
OK we accept them when they come, but I cannot imagine anybody encouraging them.

That's a good point. :)

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
The only "pre-written" stuff i ever signed, the successive contracts, or, 'le(s) bulletin(s) de punition' disciplinary forms (aye, i were a 'hothead', when i were 'younger').

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Yep, that was a thing when I was there. Maybe it was a trial run? or maybe it was a joke made by the senior Rouge lads?

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Well, actually there is. :)
Those who passed in rouge and stayed for over one week for some reason, usually medical. I know one Italian who was 2 weeks already when I came and he stayed for another two weeks after I left. 6 weeks in total, 5 of which in rouge. :)
And this wasn't even strange. Normally every week would be 7-10 people who were "retarded" in this way.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Well, actually there is. :)
Those who passed in rouge and stayed for over one week for some reason, usually medical. I know one Italian who was 2 weeks already when I came and he stayed for another two weeks after I left. 6 weeks in total, 5 of which in rouge. :)
And this wasn't even strange. Normally every week would be 7-10 people who were "retarded" in this way.

There's no such as 'senior Rouge', if they don't make it to Castel, when time is due, they are in my eyes, just 'Rouge' , nothing "senior" about them, just shite, that didn't make it, onto the train to Castel, the first time. Panjemaj?

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Yeah, you are right. They still rest like normal rouge. Only "senior" thing is time they were in rouge.
But they did get to Castel the first time. It "only" took more time in Aubagne than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.