a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Year and Counting...

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
What dreams are you chasing well forget the bucket list that's the first thing. Get your debts if you have any squared away. If your fit enough just go and find out , but make sure you have a return ticket as our esteemed brother from her Majesty's Royal Marines said 99% need not apply. As for what do I have to prove to you young man not a fing thing.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I appreciate the info. The fitness aspect of things I'm not worried about and I do understand that the Legion will teach you everything you need to know. It's the getting accepted aspect I'm working on. I'm not forking out every last dime I have to go to France naïvely thinking that I got this thing in the bag and that because of the awesomeness that exudes from my pores I will be able to walk my "privileged" American ass to the Legion gates and they will commence begging me to join. I'm brushing up on the skills that I have (or had) so that when I fill out that piece of paper they will know that I'm serious about it, I've thought about my decision, that I want it and that I'm not going to quit because I'm not making great money and living the romantic dream that I thought the Legion would be. From what I gather they're not exactly hurting for people and the competition is thick - full of very motivated people that have no where else to go (for whatever reason).
You ever heard the saying get your mind in gear and your arse will follow, well if your that determined go and do it now.

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
(...) when I fill out that piece of paper they will know that I'm serious about it, (...)

Finishing your first (5 year) contract will prove your seriousness. Getting in is just the first step, I'm afraid. Good Luck, anyway.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Can you enlighten me as to what dreams I might be chasing? I'm not an idealist and I don't have anything to prove.
Sucker, you've got more on your resume than Silly Boy 130. As Wolff said, "decided in a minute" not a year. Go now and regret at Castel or stay at home and regret at home. P.S. At Castel everyone goes through a moment of regretting.

a1b2c3

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Nations
You're a better man than me Mr. Cosgrove...I had MULTIPLE moments of regrets!

Especially when I had to go back for stages...:p

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Go now or repent at leisure. And as an old fart,but unlike me, you will always have missed something special. There will always be that sense of wonder and question;what if ? So over to you and 'bonne chance'.

gatorojo ✞

Missed friend...
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good luck, young soldier, however it plays out. And not least of all, thank you for stepping up to the plate and serving your own country first.

Most viewed threads of the week