Only 2 weeks left

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
No mate.. i got inapte definite for medical reasons and i am not gonna wright back a letter to them to beg them (that is possible if someones cares)

I would not either but at least you passed the running & fitness tests.

OP
S
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
Blue stage
In blue is like the paradise but you get asseble by the corporal more often for almost everything he wants to ask and to choose people to do task and new announcemts(every task you do it good and responsible after almost very task they give you a number from 0 -10 for your work and they watching all the time).First night carporal call around 12 names along with 2 rouge and we follow them to get our bags and then to go to the rooms to make our beds (do your beds correct with the first time it counts carporal will notice that and always volunture to the cleaning of the room.Every morning we were waking up in 4.50 we shaved unmade our beds and be prapared (dont worrie you got time for that it aint hard)and then we were putting our bags in the room 3 (always remeber the number of your bag).After we we wher ewaiting outside for 5 minutes then the blue paradise until breakfast.
Morning assebling carporal called the names f othe new guys (me and 6 ohters) and we went to ther room that we did the iq test to do a personality test ,it gives you 5 good charachters attidudes and wants you to choose who you are the most and then 5 bad charachteristic it continues like 11 times that rotation (some words are the same so remeber what you did you choose so that you will you chose that again)Then finishinf the test again blue paradise .Another assemple carporal called our names again (along with other but for diffrent tests and tasks)hearing test .In hearing test they put you in very small room and you wear a set of headphones and to hold a thing with a red button on the top of it,There are 4 sounds for every ear(in the room there is almost no sound so will hear only your breath ,take a deep breath relax and press only when you hear the sounds)Then put us to clean the the floors and the bathrooms of the first floor of the hospital,then paradise again.
We did some assemplings but it wanst for me or the othres people from my "group".Then lunch -paradise again ,Evrey day 2 oclock is the main assemplig of the day ,where who goes home and the main task of the day and some test again for some people.
NIght passed morning came,carporal assempe us for once more (everyone who is late or who do not do what carporal says or as whole blue do some stupid you get yourself free running around the builing until carporal says to stop)to do the swimming test i think its was 30 meters everyone knew how to swimm so we were ok we dresse up again paradise.
I wil stop right here i will continue later .

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I think you are talking about the hearing test. For those who are going, cotton buds are OK but they have a tendency to push the ear wax further in. Before going I'd advise that you to get some ear drops to dissolve the wax.

OP
S
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
Hello guys again.
As it seems i didnt make it to the farms for the training so let me describe my story 2 week story in the legion.First i arrived in masreille on Saturday 9 of the month ,when you go out of the airport right next to you there is the bus to marseille that it stops st charles station(there is also the train station to aubagne it has every 1 hour)if you wish to stay to Marseille for one night there are a lot of cheap hotels near the station after you cross the stairs and the street.I decided not stay and go straight to Aubagne,i arrived at the legion center at 14.00 and i was waiting along wiht 2 brazilians one russian and one guys from cote d' ivorie there about 2 hours .A carporal chef came aroung 16.20 he asked us if what language do we speak and if it was our first time and then our passport .About the pullups at the doors he said to all of us to do maximum (if you do 7 is ok if you can do more than 10 he will stop you at 10).
We did an easy 10 min iq test all pass and then he told us to take everything from our backs and from our pockets out and put them on the table and he started to count my our things ,after that we put them back inside,about the money you can bring as much money if you wat it wont be a problem the carporal count the money in fornt of you and puts inside with a folder along with you passport phone and any othre personall belonging you will bring.After that we follow him to they buildng where all the newcomers,blues and rouges sleep.he took us to his office and told to put the back with the others newcomers back ,after that the paradise.A small place where all the newcomers come and stay and doig nothing all day ,there is tent(the same tent that you gonna do later in a test so pay attention on her stracture) a small house with a tv that doesnt work and full with legion magazines and i think 5 benchs.We where like 14 people in paradise later on after the dinner (the dinner and the lunch arer pretty good the breakfast is just a piece of bread with marmelade or honey and butter you can get milk also o r chocholate or coffe) call our names of the new guys and took us to the room full with computers to do the psycho test .The psycho test it is not so easy but not so hard if you remain calm and pay attention so do not panic and start clicking when you see that you got no time they make look weird but do not panic they say they accept the 30% of correct answers and more.
At sunday we did nothing ,so on monday carporal chef assemple us and call out the names from the guys who did the iq test on saturday and gave us our new ones then he took us to do medical tests(meanwhile in paradise people always coming and going).After the medical there is the sport test ,about the lug lecer you should practise it at home it is different than running 15kilometers straight away pull ups are pull ups but i saw guys that moved their legs while their doing pulls ups not even passin the bar with their chin just touching it and everything was ok they count their attempts(in greek army that was 0).Anyway after that shower and then again paradise waited for lunch(even if you fail at lug lecer and do more than 7 pull ups they will give you another chance the next day)At 2 o clock carporal call the names from the guys that we the sport test and passed and calling us one by one to do a brief interview and sign the contract (remember always you have to say the same things in every ineterview do not change your story) he will asked you if you want some of your money the maximum that he will give you is 50 euros.After that we waited in paradise again.Around 16.30 he called us the we follow him downstairs and told us to wait her for another carporal chef that he was gonna give us the blue cloths and take everything civilian that we had except your moneyand your shoes he told us that to hold in our hands and then to put in your shoes to collect them later .(forgive me but fisrt comes the photography stage before we change our clothes i forgot about it).Then he gave us a legion small back that provides you with razors shampoo toothpaste toilet paper everything that you will need to stay clean(always tp rembember your bakcs number).
Then he told us to go to room 3 and put our backs where all the other back where and the the blue paradise( i give a pause right here i wll describe late the blue esxperience and brief rouge)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think you are talking about the hearing test. For those who are going, cotton buds are OK but they have a tendency to push the ear wax further in. Before going I'd advise that you to get some ear drops to dissolve the wax.
This is true.. I went to get my ears cleaned out and was told don’t use cotton buds. Good point Joe

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Or simply use hydrogen-peroxide 6% (bleach). Some people naturally have increased waxing of the ear, otherwise no need to worry about this.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
cotton buds do make a difference. I had wax & bits of cotton wool from them in my ear. I could hardly hear out one ear. they picked & washed it all out. never use them now.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Use a tea spoon
Coton buds made of plastic will be banned in Europe by 2021

OP
S
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
So after the swimming test ,the next test we did was the tent test ,it is not so hard there is already a tent in the paradise so pay attention to its stracture while you are there..They will put you with in a group of random people (pray that is not a russian with you) they will give you a stupid helmet ,if you do something very stupid you get youself a tour around the builidng until the corporal stops you.
Some days passed doing only tasks and assemples but once in a while they call you just to ask things about you .
For the inteview.First you will see pshychiatrist(probably he will speak in your language ,if not in the swcond language that you wil speak)it was like mini gestapo it lasted on hour ,in the begging he was serious but on time he got relaxed and funnier (he asked some questions and i gave him good and funny answers )he will ask you all the questions that you have been questioned before.He will say all the time while you want to be in the legion(just say to him i want to be a solider )if you are gay.After that paradise and tasks a day passed and again the same paradise and and tasks.
Time for real gestapo ,i went to the gestapo and waited outisde of their office like 30 min sitting in a chair.Then a guys appears looking at me and went to the office and close the door after 50 min he called my name i got in ,he was speaking to me in french and he was telling weird things , to bring him things and to move the chair all the time ,until he stoped and tolt me in english to go outside and wait .After 10 min the real interview begun,like the psychitrsit he was serious ,he started so you are (that name ) yes i told him , you look like faggot to me he replay , well i am not i answered back.Then he started the real questions, about your life (if you are from a first world countrey they can found everything for you,they will check you smartophone ,if they see something suspicious about you they will not hesisate to call to your close persons or people that have you know in your real life ).He asked how many times have you been hospitilaized (i have told them 1 for a hangover)and i said again 1 ,then he look at me in the eyes and a cocky smile said at me i know tha you have been hospitlized when you were 9 for a alergic reactions(that it was true)then it went like that
gestapo:is ther eanother (real name) living in that area and be in your age?
me:no
gestapo:why did you lie ?you think you are smart?
.me:no carporal i dont believe that i am smarter than you
gestapo:are you gay?
me:no
gestapo:why you lied?
me:me trying to expailn gestapo interrupted me
gestapo:are you gay
me :no
gestapo:why did you lie?
me;cause an allergic reactions it enough to got me kicked out from the legion .
gestapo:lie is aslo a reason to be a civilian again
me:i know that but i took a risk and as it seems i lost
All the time he was geeting more aggresive and giving pause to his speech i always looking at his eyes and when he "yelled" at me my response was calm and serious (they do not care so much about the lie but more important to them is your response to the converation they want to see if you will loose control).Then it was more questions and more monolectic answers from my side.The gestapo lasted about 3.30 hours it was long they asked my almost everything but i was all the time zen and cool (carporal liked that)he told me that i like you like a stoner surfer from california.i told him wish i was, imagine that girls i could get.Dont worry about so much about small lies cause every person on the planet can lie but for your response and give him a good reason why you lied.After that paradise again.
The selction for rouge is every thursday carporal called around 50 names and told us to bring our backs and put them in line and then paradise ,20min laters assempling again out of 50 names the 22 we went rouge later on the day they gave us the rouge cloths and bag.When you are rouge you are responible for the preparation and cleaning of the rooms of the blues and yours also so it is easy .they are so well organized so there is no need to worry at all,next day we got our head shaved later on more examing medical test .The tests stopped the next day at 2 o clock (as always )corporal called 3 names my name was amongst themsaid to us to follow a guy ,(i realised that i was going civil )That guy told me that we are going civil .We get our backs and he told us to go down to change cloths and get our civli staff again.He gave us our id cards passport etc back again and he told that to wait for a guys to give us our money .I got all my money back and they aslo gave me around 450 euros( for my 2weeks service.
Then on the road again.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
They will put you with in a group of random people (pray that is not a russian with you)
Sami why you don´t like russians ? Nothing personal, just wondering .. :)
Do they seem like a crazy people to you? :LOL:

OP
S
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
It is not that i don tlike them ,but they are strange and they dont want to give up their strange ways in order to communicate with other people .

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Estonia
It is not that i don tlike them ,but they are strange and they dont want to give up their strange ways in order to communicate with other people .
Probably language barricade.. Or just missunderstanding :)

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Hello Sami,
thank you for sharing your expirience.
How long the whole thing lasted for you - 2 weeks ? (selection proces)
Was there any older candidates (over 30) and how it went for them?

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Hello Sami,
Still planing to join the legion, Perun?

OP
S
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
Hello Sami,
The selection process was about 2weeks and for some it was 2weeks and half .
I saw a guy that he was over 30 in rouge but he was france and also was an american that he was 32 but he was ex marine with tours in afghanistan and iraq.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
That would be "pička". One should handle his own language before foreign ones.
I prefer "pizda" anyway.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
I knew that a long time ago, the Jugoslavs were all known as piskos, because that’s what they were saying all the time. So my total knowledge of Yugoslavian languages boils down to picka mater and stare crava. Not enough to pick up a girl in Zagreb, for sure, but enough to get a laugh out of a croatian taxi driver in Australia.

Most viewed threads of the week