a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 2 weeks left

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Hello guys ,time is passing realy fast and only 2 weeks left for me in order to get the plane for Marseille,since i got a lot of informations for the legion while i was lurking in the site ,i will try and write down my experiance accepted or rejeced by the legion.Question of the last hour is it really necessary to bring your birth certificiate and your criminal record ?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys ,time is passing realy fast and only 2 weeks left for me in order to get the plane for Marseille,since i got a lot of informations for the legion while i was lurking in the site ,i will try and write down my experiance accepted or rejeced by the legion.Question of the last hour is it really necessary to bring your birth certificiate and your criminal record ?
Think this has been answered many times before if you use the search function. Passport, (maybe a copy of your Birth certificate) .. would not take anything to do with police convictions...LOL. what you tell them is up to you. use a bit of common sense
would also take your Driving licence (if you have one) any qualifications that might help you.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Passport, backpack, airline ticket and taxi fare to the airport will be sufficient. All the best to you...

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Shoot us some msg when you go. You will be probably be able to text from Fr.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good luck and give it your best shot.
Please let us know how you get on when you are able to.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi sami96 and good luck. I'm not too sure if you have noted Pink Floyd's answer to your question regarding paperwork to bring with you. Your passport is all that is needed. Later on in your legion career you will have to provide a birth certificate but don't take one with you, it has to have been issued less than 6 months to be of any use. I'm not sure why.
As for police record, if you can get one in the 10 or so days that you have left, why not. but it is NOT required.
Do not take your driving license. You may need that later on PLD etc. If you like you can take a photocopy, but be careful if they ask you why you don't take the original - no mentioning PLD :eek:.
The legion will teach you how to drive, even if you already know. You will not know the highway code or how to fill in an accident report (in French)... Or for that matter where to put in the brake liquid in a P4.
You will be probably be able to text from Fr.
Remember to get Dusa's telephone number before you go:coffee: otherwise being able to text without a Number is the equivalent of putting a message in a bottle and throwing it into the sea:ROFLMAO:.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Remember to get Dusa's telephone number before you go:coffee: otherwise being able to text without a Number is the equivalent of putting a message in a bottle and throwing it into the sea:ROFLMAO:.
I thought about msgs on this forum, but OK. MSG in bottle is also efficient way of communication. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
@Joe
The legion will teach you how to drive, even if you already know.

I take it it's to have a set Standard as not all countries have stringent Tests, also to convert them to cross country Driving & military vehicles, MT paper work.
Do they teach the MT guys how to recover a vehicle? Not being Critical but hard work in the video :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
First i have to thanks you guys for your answers and your support .I will probably not gonna text you when i will arrive on France cause i dont have a smartphone on my possesion right now,(guess i will have to put my msg i a bottle then). I will stay couple o fdays in Marseille and Aubagne before i knock the door if there is a way to communicate with you i will, if not then depends on my selection .

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
First i have to thanks you guys for your answers and your support .I will probably not gonna text you when i will arrive on France cause i dont have a smartphone on my possesion right now,(guess i will have to put my msg i a bottle then). I will stay couple o fdays in Marseille and Aubagne before i knock the door if there is a way to communicate with you i will, if not then depends on my selection .
Public telephones, can send an SMS now too..I think.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You will not find many public phones in Marseille or Aubange, if any at all (but you do have the cyber cafés....2 € the hour approx

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
You will not find many public phones in Marseille or Aubange, if any at all (but you do have the cyber cafés....2 € the hour approx
Not so many around now but I saw one here where I'm sure you can send an SMS.
Well i aint gonna search their entire Marseille for a cyber caffe or public phone,but i if their is any of them in my way (generally those couple of days i will just walking all around the city) i may sit down and post on forum,But i think it will be better after the selection proccess casue i aint gonna do somehing special those days.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Should be some near the rail way station area but rest vigilant (you do not want get mugged and loose your I.D. and money
Wear a chest pouch and under a jumper and just keep small change in your trouser pocket

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Should be some near the rail way station area but rest vigilant (you do not want get mugged and loose your I.D. and money
Wear a chest pouch and under a jumper and just keep small change in your trouser pocket
Good advice....& watch yer bum :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Thanks for the advice i will keep that in mind .