a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 2 weeks left

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In the officers mess politics and religion are banned and taboo subjects for discussion.

Reading this thread I see great merit in such a ruling.

Feel free to call me pompous. It matters not one jot.😁
I was a voted politician here chas. The only British guy.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Or you start drinking today from early morning or you just have determination to pick fight with someone?
Stop attacking me without reason! I didn't attack you once in this discussion and you slapped me couple times in last few msgs.

First, if you want civil discussion start reading my posts with little bit more attention and understanding. Again or you didn't read whole my post or you intentionally taking things out of context (third option would be insult and I'm trying to keep myself above that lvl)

I didn't say that you should go home, I don't think so. But I think you should understand that you are migrant too. So if you advocate 0 immigration policy by that you should go back to Scotland? Isn't it? I don't see how Scottish culture is more close with German than Serbian is.
There is some cultures-religions (they are closely mixed up ) who are distant from German (European) so much that some people simply can't be integrated in German culture.
But you can't put Serbia in same basket with them.

Did you know that part of Serbia where I'm living was part of Habsburg Empire for 200 y and part of Serbia for only 100y. My country was heavily populated by Germans until WW2. By last census before WW2 my town had half German citizens. Putting me in same bucket with "Allahu Akbar" goat f*ckers is insult.
hohoho.... i´m not like you. I served here as an "Abgeordneter". I am not racist but i have my eyes wide open. I say who i am and only talk about what i know and have experienced. Even politics unlike you. I can back up what i say.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
hohoho.... i´m not like you. I served here as an "Abgeordneter". I am not racist but i have my eyes wide open. I say who i am and only talk about what i know and have experienced. Even politics unlike you. I can back up what i say.
So what you say? You didn't say much apart attacking me. OK I understand that you are against open borders policy. So am I.
What is your point of view on immigration? Do you think that absolutely none should migrate to and trough Europe even people from European countries?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
anyway..let´s leave it th
So what you say? You didn't say much apart attacking me. OK I understand that you are against open borders policy. So am I.
What is your point of view on immigration? Do you think that absolutely none should migrate to Europe even people from European countries?
I don´t want to discuss this anymore on here. I have met & know Politicians sitting now in the German Bundestag from all the factions. I know their opinions & some they won´t say openly. No names, no pack drill...;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
anyway..let´s leave it th

I don´t want to discuss this anymore on here. I have met & know Politicians sitting now in the German Bundestag from all the factions. I know their opinions & some they won´t say openly. No names, no pack drill...;)
I asked about your opinion . But OK , we can leave it. Probably not many people are interested in this.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I asked about your opinion . But OK , we can leave it. Probably not many people are interested in this.
no & i do not want trouble with the mods on here. But you do amuse me :)

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
You are right. We did left far from subject and forum overall.

What a surprise. It's almost like this never happens...

Once again Dusa manages to completely deviate from the original subject. Take your own advice, "PM exist".

Jesus christ, what a f*cking joke of a guy.

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing about Sami96's experience, you know... The OP? I don't understand why mods even allow this sh*t. I understand this is a nice, friendly forum "environment" with some great people but the amount of deviation, especially from this guy, is quite a bit. I mean, there's an off-topic subforum for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
@ Sami 96 , i bet this is the longest 2 weeks you have ever lived or learned ?
Well he left Last Friday and I suppose he knocked on the door yesterday. Let's hope that we don't hear from him until the beginning of summer or before if he is allowed to connect to the internet once he's got his képi.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
For the record, most Americans don't give a hoot where you're from, they just want you to speak english when you're here and not be a turd. Personally, I do not care. No english necessary, specifically the women. Adds a layer of challenge, though not impossible. I snagged a vietnamese last week 😁 my first. Now if I could just find a Turkish or a Greek I'll be in business.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
For the record, most Americans don't give a hoot where you're from, they just want you to speak english when you're here and not be a turd. Personally, I do not care. No english necessary, specifically the women. Adds a layer of challenge, though not impossible. I snagged a vietnamese last week 😁 my first. Now if I could just find a Turkish or a Greek I'll be in business.
And that's how should be. No man should be judged based on country of origin or wider group as race, religion (person was born in) or similar.

Maybe I'm tripping but looks to me that rule on this forum is emphasized when comes to certain groups which actually give plenty reasons to be pre-judged based on religion (am not saying one should do that. I don't).
And same rule is put aside when comes to Eastern- Europeans, Slavs and orthodox Christians.
I won't even mention communists because I can understand that having on mind fact that communism was boogeyman for whole life of older westerners. That's why star on my flag causes an unconscious negative reaction with some people. :)
To explain once again that does not reflects my political beliefs, I'm not a communist! Its simply an flag of country I'm born and leave for first 7y. For some reason country (Serbia), flag , hymn which come after I never felt completely like mine or being too patriotic about it.

Even if you live non English speaking country. It simply become universal language and language of internet. It became part of general knowledge and literacy of the person.
Also If you leave in US of A for 5y years and you can't speak basic English my opinion is that person should be deported. (same goes with other countries). Its among other things showing respect towards culture which accepted you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Hello guys again.
As it seems i didnt make it to the farms for the training so let me describe my story 2 week story in the legion.First i arrived in masreille on Saturday 9 of the month ,when you go out of the airport right next to you there is the bus to marseille that it stops st charles station(there is also the train station to aubagne it has every 1 hour)if you wish to stay to Marseille for one night there are a lot of cheap hotels near the station after you cross the stairs and the street.I decided not stay and go straight to Aubagne,i arrived at the legion center at 14.00 and i was waiting along wiht 2 brazilians one russian and one guys from cote d' ivorie there about 2 hours .A carporal chef came aroung 16.20 he asked us if what language do we speak and if it was our first time and then our passport .About the pullups at the doors he said to all of us to do maximum (if you do 7 is ok if you can do more than 10 he will stop you at 10).
We did an easy 10 min iq test all pass and then he told us to take everything from our backs and from our pockets out and put them on the table and he started to count my our things ,after that we put them back inside,about the money you can bring as much money if you wat it wont be a problem the carporal count the money in fornt of you and puts inside with a folder along with you passport phone and any othre personall belonging you will bring.After that we follow him to they buildng where all the newcomers,blues and rouges sleep.he took us to his office and told to put the back with the others newcomers back ,after that the paradise.A small place where all the newcomers come and stay and doig nothing all day ,there is tent(the same tent that you gonna do later in a test so pay attention on her stracture) a small house with a tv that doesnt work and full with legion magazines and i think 5 benchs.We where like 14 people in paradise later on after the dinner (the dinner and the lunch arer pretty good the breakfast is just a piece of bread with marmelade or honey and butter you can get milk also o r chocholate or coffe) call our names of the new guys and took us to the room full with computers to do the psycho test .The psycho test it is not so easy but not so hard if you remain calm and pay attention so do not panic and start clicking when you see that you got no time they make look weird but do not panic they say they accept the 30% of correct answers and more.
At sunday we did nothing ,so on monday carporal chef assemple us and call out the names from the guys who did the iq test on saturday and gave us our new ones then he took us to do medical tests(meanwhile in paradise people always coming and going).After the medical there is the sport test ,about the lug lecer you should practise it at home it is different than running 15kilometers straight away pull ups are pull ups but i saw guys that moved their legs while their doing pulls ups not even passin the bar with their chin just touching it and everything was ok they count their attempts(in greek army that was 0).Anyway after that shower and then again paradise waited for lunch(even if you fail at lug lecer and do more than 7 pull ups they will give you another chance the next day)At 2 o clock carporal call the names from the guys that we the sport test and passed and calling us one by one to do a brief interview and sign the contract (remember always you have to say the same things in every ineterview do not change your story) he will asked you if you want some of your money the maximum that he will give you is 50 euros.After that we waited in paradise again.Around 16.30 he called us the we follow him downstairs and told us to wait her for another carporal chef that he was gonna give us the blue cloths and take everything civilian that we had except your moneyand your shoes he told us that to hold in our hands and then to put in your shoes to collect them later .(forgive me but fisrt comes the photography stage before we change our clothes i forgot about it).Then he gave us a legion small back that provides you with razors shampoo toothpaste toilet paper everything that you will need to stay clean(always tp rembember your bakcs number).
Then he told us to go to room 3 and put our backs where all the other back where and the the blue paradise( i give a pause right here i wll describe late the blue esxperience and brief rouge)

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Shoo, Sami, that all sounds pretty awful. I’m sure glad I joined the legion in 1957 instead of now. No fitness test at all, like climbing ropes, or whatever. A very basic intelligence test, of which i still remember one question: name the 7 continents. That one had me puzzled, because at school I was told there were 5 continents. But there was a Norwegian sergeant supervising the test and he whispered; South America and Antarctica when I looked at him in bewildernment.

A couple of months later I was given some cash and cigarettes for having passed the test successfully.

Some times after going straight on to basic training in an Algerian town called Mascara, that is. And three months afterthat I was in battle.

Last edited:

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
The compagnie de instruction in Mascara, Algeria abt September 1957. (I’m the fourth from left in the back row, barely visible.)4596

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry that you didn't make. Take your time, but do try and be as accurate as possible. Would they allow you to take books with you into Paradise?
Are you already back home in Greece?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
@ Sami 96
First of all, thank you for thé up dates, i do not know the eason(s) for your rejection
Still, you tried and that's an accomplissement

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Shame... Are you gonna try again?
No mate.. i got inapte definite for medical reasons and i am not gonna wright back a letter to them to beg them (that is possible if someones cares)
I'm sorry that you didn't make. Take your time, but do try and be as accurate as possible. Would they allow you to take books with you into Paradise?
Are you already back home in Greece?
I am at a friends house in Athens ,i will try to join the underwater demolition team school of greece somethin that is almost impsossible,i think yes you ca nbring a book while you are in the paradise it was a hungarian guy that had a notebook so i think they gonna allow to you to have one,but when you goona blue you gonna give all your stuff.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No mate.. i got inapte definite for medical reasons and i am not gonna wright back a letter to them to beg them (that is possible if someones cares)

I would not either but at least you passed the running & fitness tests.