Opération “Barkhane”

The Dutch contingent of the MINUSMA in Mali are to withdraw, as from May 2019. Approx 270 persons, mostly from the 11th Aero Mobile Brigade with Chinooks and Apache helicopters. Reasons evoked : budget and concentration on NATO needs. A case of doing more with less.

Source: Opex 360

Source: Midi Libre (on line) Long format: embarquez pour le Mali
Excellent reportage of the Legion in Mali
Photos Vidéos Infographics and interviews
Describes/shows the routine of legionnaires (must see)
Can some one post up, thanks

Thanks Oleg. Hope all is Ok there. For security reasons, I've deleted the picture. Not need to give away informations on the guard posts locations and armament, even if I doubt the jihadists would dare attacking the base.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Thanks Oleg. Hope all is Ok there. For security reasons, I've deleted the picture. Not need to give away informations on the guard posts locations and armament, even if I doubt the jihadists would dare attacking the base.
Ok, no problem. I chose that picture because it shows only what everyone already know. Good stuff is out of the picture. Literally. :D
They attacked this base two months ago. There were a few threads on the forum about that. It was a hard hit with 2 VBIEDs and a dozen men. On our side 7 wounded, few badly and on their side all dead. In last few weeks they just targeted us with mortars a few times but they were not very precise.
It's ok here and base is not bad. Sunday's are barbecue days. ;)

Germany to with draw it's helicopter (Tigre and and NH 90) spport for MINUSMA (peace keepers UN) and the Belge to follow like wise
UN pressing Canada and their promise of participation to send a contingent as promised
Canada repliés, " by August "

Refugees from Burkina Faso pouring into north Mali (Touaregs and Peuls)
Touaregs are nomads and know no boundaries
They travel thru the 3 border frontier as if it was one

Massacres and common graves are often of these two identités
Often commited by FAMA, the Mali an army. ..and since the operation Serval
United Nations studying their désire to remain. With out gaurentes by the Malain government. ..MINUSMA might be with draw
Présidentiel élections on going in Mali, dosent help the situation
France spends 1 billion euros a year to maintain their presence