Opération “Barkhane”

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Side note to Barkhane
On June 29, 3 pseudo Serbian journalists (but actually Serbian military) were arrested at their arrival at Bamako, capital of Mali. By the Malian secret service (more than likely given by the French Intel services ?).
For a so called documentary on the candidate for the Presidental election, Soumaila Cisse. They were detained for a week in a secret location. (...)
News here say that they were there to make propaganda videos for the opposition. Government didn't like that idea for sure, so I think this possibility is open. BTW they were released.
If the were military what would they do in Mali? Maybe train rebels? Arms trade perhaps? If that was a case I don't think they would have been released so easily after just one week.

I posted before earlier. ..pay attention to the neighbours
Algeria smuggling weapons into North Mali
Via Iran and Hezbollah
China buys Iranien petrol
China funds Sahwari refugee camps in Algeria
Algeria and Morroco, disputing Sahwari
D.Trump and T.May support the Morrocain peace plan
USA supplying Morroco with sofisticated weaponary
Algeria and it's present regime has Marxiste origins
Do you think any of the above give a toss about Mali ?
This is about influence
Even the French
Why Serbian military advisors in Mali (passing them selves off as journaliste's....nowt new there and has been done a thousand times before)
Never trust a so called journalist. ..there might be some following us on here, looking for sh*t to stir
Dosen't suprise me in the least that Serbia presents them as journo's (never admit your guilt. .not even to the Gestapo when you enlist)
Barkhane is not just Mali. ..i will not get into the Niger aspect
As ît is, Barkhane is run by the French and should remain so
France has so much experience in these lands. ..second to none, in fact

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Petit Caporal, I really believe that in this case Serbs are real movie makers not military advisors. They had a plan to for for opposition so they were arrested. Mali have military regime in power, but regime which is cooperative with France and west so that everything is fine. I don't know much about the situation in Mali, but knowing how things work especially in Africa any opposition to government would be immediately labeled as Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda or terrorist.
Look at their pictures and tell me do they look like soldiers to you?

http://informer.rs/vesti/drustvo/38...eni-u-africi-zivi-i-zdravi-stigli-u-otadzbinu

They are really making movies here in Serbia. there is no any secret plan to overturn Malin government, If we except propaganda video for opposition they are intended to make.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I posted before earlier. ..pay attention to the neighbours
Algeria smuggling weapons into North Mali
Via Iran and Hezbollah
I spent 15 months in Mali and I can tell you that all the supermarkets and restaurants and night clubs are run by the Lebanese.
We had the US Embassy and it's personnel's villas to guard. There was one under the contract of 'contract workers'. I got talking to them a couple of times. They did NOT confide anything to me, but the subject did come up about the Lebanese. Before changing the subject, one of them did mention that if I or one of the guards should hear anything, to give him a discreet ring.

Yes, the Lebanese merchants have been present in West Africa as long as the French. Everyone is working for someone and everything can be bought. Information is a merchandise like everything else. Trust no one. Do not talk about your deployments, equipment, strength or any other sensitive subject that might help the enemy, let them find out on the net. How I miss the good auld days and the Berlin Wall.

Le petit I really believe that in this case Serbs are real movie makers not military advisors. They had a plan to for for opposition so they were arrested . Mali have military regime in power, but regim which is cooperative with France and west so that everything is fine. I'm don't know much about situation in Mali, but knowing how things work especially in Africa any opposition to government would be immediately labeled as Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda or terrorist.

Look at their pictures and tell me do they look like soldiers to you?

http://informer.rs/vesti/drustvo/38...eni-u-africi-zivi-i-zdravi-stigli-u-otadzbinu

They are really making movies here in Serbia. there is no any secret plan to overturn Malin government, If we except propaganda video for opposition they are intended to make.
Magazine is called the Informer. ..
In Mali forming rebels or recon filmed and maybe so, a documenary film on the opposition

Just observing and analyse of my part
Obvisouly, you nor i have acces to the sensitive stuff (nor the majority of people). That wont stop us drawing our own different opinions

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Magazine is called the Informer. ..
In Mali forming rebels or recon filmed and maybe so, a documenary film on the opposition

Just observing and analyse of my part
Obvisouly, you nor i have acces to the sensitive stuff (nor the majority of people). That wont stop us drawing our own different opinions
I'm not trying to disprove or approve anything here (OK I do :)), but as I said, if those guys are military I would cut certain body part. ;)

I did little of research and found that those guys true are movie makers. If they were on some secret mission as well... It's really hard for me to believe!

They are simply hired to do something for money. Malian government didn't like that because they had info about what they are trying to do.

I highly doubt that France intelligence agencies had something with this. Its much higher possibility that rebels have many traitors among them.

Obvisouly, you nor i have acces to the sensitive stuff (nor the majority of people).
Or you sure? :)

By the way Informer is tabloid in Serbia really close to government and bit retarded as well known by their ridiculous statements. But they are first on which page I found pictures of those 3 guys and they don't lying about that 99% sure.

Last edited:
The average hours of flight in these zones are 2500. After that, a general overhaul is required. That's a lot of money...
We have been waiting the Canadians oh so long.

France has so much experience in these lands. ..second to none, in fact
As was learned in Somalia, IIRC, the last full deployment of the 13DBLE. We were learning and the 13th understood the region. I had a heated debate with a junior officer a few weeks ago about this, I'm a old civie now. They, the 13th knew and understood the neighborhood. While our politicians and senior mil. were wondering WTF. Credit goes where it's do. We stood up Africom, ACOTA and were still learning after the fact. Hopefully our long standing SF depoyments to the region have upped our game a bit.

Off to sleep

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
As was learned in Somalia, IIRC, the last full deployment of the 13DBLE. We were learning and the 13th understood the region. I had a heated debate with a junior officer a few weeks ago about this, I'm a old civie now. They, the 13th knew and understood the neighborhood. While our politicians and senior mil. were wondering WTF. Credit goes where it's do. We stood up Africom, ACOTA and were still learning after the fact. Hopefully our long standing SF depoyments to the region have upped our game a bit.

Off to sleep
Agree. i spent two long years with the 13th. Sept 79- sept 81 with the 3rd combat cie. There were few units in the world that could match the 13th in desert know how and elan at that time. why The French pulled them out and later disbanded them? I can only think politics! Somebody finally put a little sense into the the general staff. And the 13th is back. Djibouti and the Horn of Africa? I fear it will never be the same.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
The Dutch contingent of the MINUSMA in Mali are to withdraw, as from May 2019. Approx 270 persons, mostly from the 11th Aero Mobile Brigade with Chinooks and Apache helicopters. Reasons evoked : budget and concentration on NATO needs. A case of doing more with less.

Source: Opex 360
Here is a short video of the head of the European Union Claude Juncker whilst attending the NATO Summit earlier this month. And we're all wondering about the defense budget :ROFLMAO:
Official explanation A painful attack of sciatica :cool:

https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C560...t=hTZpvFM9aogShQ19-5ErwoVBvGD_DuFAhHEGE6-faBg

The guy is f*cking Blitzed

Most viewed threads of the week