Not open for further replies.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
He said he will be finished in March
@ Snafu : Will do, but will have to wait till he calls me. ..am not sûre, i think the phone he was calling from was given / loaned just for the Quartier Libre sortie (was something he said just before signing off, "dont texte back as do not know who will get their hands on it"

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hope the Bill cody guy gets in too...seemed a good guy. Perfect new Chance for him.
I think that that is one of the main advantages of the Legion: you can start all over. Which although I won't mention anyone's name, once you have tried (numerous times) to get in and given the chance to start a new life in a country whose language you have learned from serving in the Legion. Why knock it? Once you have done your 5 years, the world is your oyster. You can go home again or stay in France or Europe or anywhere you like.

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
@ Snafu : Will do, but will have to wait till he calls me. ..am not sûre, i think the phone he was calling from was given / loaned just for the Quartier Libre sortie (was something he said just before signing off, "dont texte back as do not know who will get their hands on it"
If I remember from phone calls from Finely the fox, they bought their phones from the foyer :rolleyes: and on weekends when they were in camp the caporal would allow them to use them. A bit like that survival reality show, Koh Lantah. Then Sunday afternoon they had to hand them back in.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think that that is one of the main advantages of the Legion: you can start all over. Which although I won't mention anyone's name, once you have tried (numerous times) to get in and given the chance to start a new life in a country whose language you have learned from serving in the Legion. Why knock it? Once you have done your 5 years, the world is your oyster. You can go home again or stay in France or Europe or anywhere you like.
I think it's great that you can go and make something out of it... Learn French and mix with other nationalities. Hell if I was young again and single I would be at Strasbourg now. Reporting for my beasting... :D Cpl Chef !

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
If I remember from phone calls from Finely the fox, they bought their phones from the foyer :rolleyes: and on weekends when they were in camp the caporal would allow them to use them. A bit like that survival reality show, Koh Lantah. Then Sunday afternoon they had to hand them back in.
If that's the case, i probally wont hear from G. for à while (March?)..how many Quartier Libres do they get during instruction nowadays?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Thanks Le Petit!:cool:

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
That was probably his first. Should get one in about another two weeks. It all depends on their section. I've told in average it is 3 or 4 QLs.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Spoiled brats, indeed. Am actually looking forward to meeting him, if he gets the 2e REI, as he wants. If so, I will make sure he gives a proper account of current affairs... Lodgings, clothing, equipment,wages, services + missions, courses (new material and equipement means new courses) and of course, deployments.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
You look after him wee Cpl... Sure you will. :)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Man Sexpert (Austin Powers) and Le Petit Caporal (Mini Me) are hilarious

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Well it looks as though there is another bleu or hopefully even a rouge, wadesimmons.

“I am flying to Marseille, staying at *** in Aubagne about 1.5 mile from the selection center. And yes, I would appreciate if you would let everyone know if you don’t hear from me by New year. It could encourage some people. No matter what happens I will not regret going. Thanks again.
Can’t even count how many old guys who spoke broken English tried to get me to hop in their “cheap taxi” and upon asking them their price for a ~40km ride they said “140 euros”. Some people might fall for that because they pick out people that are clearly foreigners trying to find their way around.”

He took a Uber taxi for 51 Euros :whistle:. And then only because he got in late !

These were sent before the 10th of Dec. I have waited until today to let the board know as I feel (but don't know) that if someone is going to get binned, excluding bananes it will be at the end of the week and perhaps on a Monday. Also being over the Christmas and New year period, it's best to give a little leeway.
So well done mate.
On the same subject no news from Buffalo Bill, is good news.
I prefer not to mention openly the hotel as BBCody said that he was getting hassled almost threatened by a green, a fellow American to meet up with him so that he could give him the true run down on what the Legion is really like. Apparently he didn't appreciate it when he was refused the offer.

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) He took a UBER taxi for 51 Euros :whistle: And then only because he got in late !(...)
I've just sent this to someone by PM, but it's worth sharing in case anyone else wants to know. The hotel is in Aubagne, but I prefer not to mention it because I don't need anyone getting hassle from serving greens.

So total extra cost once you get off the plane :
• 9 € for the navette (shuttle) bus to train station St Charles in Marseille (time ~ 45 mn, depending on traffic).
• 4.50 € train. Time 15 mn. 2 stops = Marseille Blancard, Aubagne.
• 45 € hotel + 5 € for buffet breakfast + 7 € buffet diner.
Total = 68.5 €.

And before anyone asks, no I don't get a cut from the hotel :rolleyes:. The buffet prices were given by both wadesimmons and BBCody.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well it looks as though there is another bleu or hopefully even a rouge.
wadesimmons

"I am flying to marseille, staying at ********** in aubagne about 1.5 miles from the selection center. And yes, I would appreciate if you would let everyone know if you don’t hear from me by New year. It could encourage some people. No matter what happens I will not regret going. Thanks again."

"Can’t even count how many old guys who spoke broken English tried to get me to hop in their “cheap taxi” and upon asking them their price for a ~40km ride they said “140 euros”. Some people might fall for that because they pick out people that are clearly foreigners trying to find their way around."

He took a UBER taxi for 51 Euros.:whistle: And then only because he got in late !

These were sent before the 10th of Dec. I have waited until today to let the board know as I feel (but don't know) that if someone is going to get binned, excluding bananes it will be at the end of the week and perhaps on a Monday. Also being over the Christmas and New year period, it's best to give a little leeway.
So well done mate.
On the same subject no news from Buffalo Bill, is good news.
I prefer not to mention openly the hotel as BBCody said that he was getting hassled almost threatened by a green, a fellow American to meet up with him so that he could give him the true run down on what the legion is really like. apparently he didn't appreciate it when he was refused the offer.
(y)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Le petit Caporal,

Thank you for your enthusiasm in offering assistance to our man Guido.
Both he and we greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most viewed threads of the week