Our man Guido

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
2,004 8 11
Home Country
New Zealand
Joe...my quote from the book "you go to the Legion, the Legion doesn't come to you". I cannot think of anything more tragic than a bloke doing his 5 years, marching out of Aubagne on that Friday afternoon, and thinking to himself that it was a waste of time. For me it was all about stages and outré mer (company tours). It will be 30 years this July that I showed my face at the front gate at Aubagne...no regrets on my part.
I'm sure that 99.9% of those who did their 5 years or more will agree with you. What I won't allow to happen is the bad apple 0.1% spoiling the whole of the forum barrel.

You are a volunteer, nobody press-ganged or forces you to join, like some who claim and shall not be mentioned. But terrorising and threatening people is unacceptable, if you have such a negative opinion of a profession you must be a real dumb tw@t to try and get in 3 times and then insult your unit at every chance you get. A few lightbulbs short of a chandelier IMHO.
Maybe it's the chandelier thats missing. This one is for 000:

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do you think he knows someone working in the selection center (or whatever it's called)? Maybe as he's working in logistics? A phone call maybe.

Rapace

Ratings
588 4 4
Home Country
France
Let's not dwell to much on the case of our friend DCLXVI... When I'm back to France, I'll see if I can meet him and have a friendly chat. Not really understanding his attitude, but again written communication is sometimes a bit treacherous...

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
Let's not dwell to much on the case of our friend DCLXVI... When I'm back to France, I'll see if I can meet him and have a friendly chat. Not really understanding his attitude, but again written communication is sometimes a bit treacherous...
Get a room together... Haha. Champagne, low lights. Talk out things. :D

Get a room together... Haha. Champagne, low Lights. Talk out things. :D
Me & Surfguy gonna come too... Make it a party... Boys night out :D:D

Most viewed threads of the week