a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our man Guido

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well it certainly looks as though our man Guido is doing alright for himself. He joined up over the weekend of 13/14 of October and asked me to give it two weeks as from the 15th (Monday) just in case he was binned on arrival. I kept my word :whistle:. 15 + 14 = 29 would have been yesterday. However I figured that, unless he has done a banane over the weekend and kicked out then, if they were going to bin him (for the moment) it would have been on the Monday.

PM he answered me with.

Guido Cheers mate. Im feeling really confident. Not overly confident as to come across arrogant because thats now me atall. Probably in the best shape physically and mentally ive been in my life. And ive also sold and got rid of just about everything so its harder for me to just give up when times get hard (i dont plan on doing that anyway) if you could make a post couple weeks after if you dont hear from me. I dont want to make a post and then im back in 2 weeks, ofcourse i will share my experience if all fails but fingers crossed im a good fit in their eyes.

keep your fingers crossed for him guys.:D:cool:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well it certainly looks as though our man Guido is doing alright for himself. He joined up over the weekend of 13/14 of October and asked me to give it two weeks as from the 15th (Monday) just in case he was binned on arrival. I kept my word :whistle:. 15 + 14 = 29 would have been yesterday. However I figured that, unless he has done a banane over the weekend and kicked out then, if they were going to bin him (for the moment) it would have been on the Monday.

PM he answered me with.

Guido Cheers mate. Im feeling really confident. Not overly confident as to come across arrogant because thats now me atall. Probably in the best shape physically and mentally ive been in my life. And ive also sold and got rid of just about everything so its harder for me to just give up when times get hard (i dont plan on doing that anyway) if you could make a post couple weeks after if you dont hear from me. I dont want to make a post and then im back in 2 weeks, ofcourse i will share my experience if all fails but fingers crossed im a good fit in their eyes.

keep your fingers crossed for him guys.:D:cool:
Yes hope he makes it told me to in a pm too but to keep it quiet so I did. He's a jock so he will make it :D good lad !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Nice to hear that. This is his second time there?
That's right Dusa. Although I think I know what the full story is, I'd prefer that he told it himself if it's still of interest in a few months; when he can drop us a line.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be switched on ..so i'm sure he will be fine.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's been a calendar month now since our man Guido knocked on the big gates. He was going to Aubagne I believe, So unless there has been some kind of hiccup, which can happen, we can assume that he is rouge, perhaps even in Castel already. Fingers crossed.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Our man Guido is into his 3rd month and will be spending his first Christmas in the Legion.

Although it is not my way of doing things, I've got a PM that I've been waiting for from Buffalo Bill Cody - for those who recollect, he said that we can call him that.
You all can call me Buffalo Bill Cody,
:ROFLMAO:
Here are the exchanges :
Saturday at 3:18 PM
Joe,
Just landed at 7 am this morning. Now I'm sitting on the train from Paris making my way to Aubagne. Seemed like I should get away from all the drama going on in Paris right now and just get to my destination. I'm going to get a day or two off rest, Feeling a little jet lagged even with a first class upgrade on my flight. I'm tired but really excited.
I plan on staying at the same hotel the other Yank did, that you sent me. Seems like a good place to stay. I'll keep you advised.
Thanks again mate,

Saturday at 3:52 PM
BuffaloBillCody said:
first class upgrade on my flight.]

That's because they knew, and don't ask me how, that you're going to Castel.
Start on getting into your French time routine. Getting up at 05:00. Try if possible not to get a kip this afternoon. You'll be a stone's throw from the museum, take a walk by there tomorrow and get energized. It's closed on Mondays.
You're a good man BB Cody, do keep me/us informed.
P.S. if you have time, go out and get a bottle of water and a couple of sandwiches from the supermarket just outside of the train station for the journey. You'll save a hell of a lot of money.

And this one an hour ago:

Today at 3:15 PMNew
Joe,
I'm a mile away from my destination in Aubagne. Waiting for the clock to strike ten a. m. I went to the foreign Legion museum on Sunday it really reaffirmed my desire for the journey. So much so that when I saw the captain's hand my chest got tight. (I'm already brainwashed).
This is the last message I'll send till I know my fate. Thank you once again for all the guidance you've given me. I've put it all to use. The hotel suggested was perfect and affordable. As was the info on what trains to take.
B. B. Cody

Good luck Buffalo Bill Cody! ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
it really is great that guys can come on here get some solid advice on trains..etc where to go ..
giphy (5).gif

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Have done. He only has a couple of free hours. He has a phone and have completed his képi blanc march.
Says it's hard, but easier than he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.