a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our man Guido

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good that the Legion are getting some quality guys going from this site... Well done to Joe & the other Staff on here. (y)

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I think that that is one of the main advantages of the Legion: you can start all over. Which although I won't mention anyone's name, once you have tried (numerous times) to get in and given the chance to start a new life in a country whose language you have learned from serving in the Legion. Why knock it? Once you have done your 5 years, the world is your oyster. You can go home again or stay in France or Europe or anywhere you like.

No, no names at all hahaha

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well done to Joe & the other Staff on here.
Sexpert are you kidding: Joe (OK) and the other staff and I think some have even included Le petit Caporal:cautious:
But seriously. It's the whole forum. I'm gathering info, as are all the rest of you, from the feed back that those who have joined, tried to join and those who tried recently in the past.
It's just as easy as Dusa, Snafu, Katalmach and you yourself sexpert to give opinions based on the feed back on the forum. I mean you don't necessarily need Volt to tell you how many pairs of socks to take along, Dusa could do that. And who couldn't answer how many years the first contract is?
We have a green (no names K) who says that we, the older hands are passing out info which is long out of date. I kind of look at it like a football commentator who used to play for (example) Man U. He had his day and knew all the players. But if he is going to commentate on the match, he has to keep abreast with the players and the times.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sexpert are you kidding: Joe (OK) and the other staff and I think some have even included Le petit Caporal:cautious:
But seriously. It's the whole forum. I'm gathering info, as are all the rest of you, from the feed back that those who have joined, tried to join and those who tried recently in the past.
It's just as easy as Dusa, Snafu, Katalmach and you yourself sexpert to give opinions based on the feed back on the forum. I mean you don't necessarily need Volt to tell you how many pairs of socks to take along, Dusa could do that. And who couldn't answer how many years the first contract is?
We have a green (no names K) who says that we, the older hands are passing out info which is long out of date. I kind of look at it like a football commentator who used to play for (example) Man U. He had his day and knew all the players. But if he is going to commentate on the match, he has to keep abreast with the players and the times.
:)(y)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I don’t claim any credit in this affair :).
As I've said the credit is spread out among the whole forum, or rather should I say those who post regularly.
There are those who have zero posts. Guys it's not just take and no give.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) I prefer not to mention openly the hotel as BBCody said that he was getting hassled almost threatened by a green, a fellow American to meet up with him so that he could give him the true run down on what the Legion is really like. Apparently he didn't appreciate it when he was refused the offer.
I’ve got an idea on who this could be... The chap is really becoming a nuisance :rolleyes:.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
He's on borrowed time. Anyone who has served their 5 years or currently serving has no place on a forum where all he does is belittle and insult people.
He'll have a hard job coming to terms with his career later on. One OPEX and no further action and the end of his contract in the logistics company. As I have said and will carry on saying, you get out of the Legion what you put into it.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
He's on borrowed time. Anyone who has served their 5 years or currently serving has no place on a forum where all he does is belittle and insult people.
He'll have a hard job coming to terms with his career later on. One OPEX and no further action and the end of his contract in the logistics company. As I have said and will carry on saying, you get out of the Legion what you put into it.
Joseph, my quote from the book "you go to the Legion, the Legion doesn't come to you". I cannot think of anything more tragic than a bloke doing his 5 years, marching out of Aubagne on that Friday afternoon, and thinking to himself that it was a waste of time. For me it was all about stages and outre-mer (company overseas tours). It will be 30 years this July that I showed my face at the front gate at Aubagne...no regrets on my part.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
You are a volunteer, nobody press-ganged or forces you to join, like some who claim and shall not be mentioned. But terrorising and threatening people is unacceptable, if you have such a negative opinion of a profession you must be a real dumb tw@t to try and get in 3 times and then insult your unit at every chance you get. A few lightbulbs short of a chandelier IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.