a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our members' country of origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal

Reaction score
hannibal said:
:D

Believe no one find these mafia guys more despicable persons than I do and nothing would give me a bigger pleasure (not even a dinner with Angelina Jolie) than getting rid of this trash from the face of this earth. If there is any thing that I hate most than this are incomptent people and people who live on work and sweat of others.
Yes, you have right ( Angelina:D Oh My God) :)

Actually this section is about "Other Topics" so talk about Montenegro is allowed. I think.
OK;)

Yes, I remember Arkan. He was a former secret service agent-assasin, wasn't he? UDBA?
Arkan was be in DB (national security agency) UDBA is old agency, before DB but same shit... Now in Serbia is BIA also same bla,bla....

I believe Ulemek is now behind bars, isn't he? It is really heart-breaking to see former legionnaires in ex-Yugoslavia mainly doing with criminal activities. They should be the ones who should fight against crime and not causing it.
Ulemek is victim of Regime and his personal money-interes... He make so many stupid things, bad behavior in public and all.. for me he is simpatic but i not applaud for him! He make so many mistakes...

But tell me immortal do you have any legion literature in Montenegro? I would like to know more, especially about this Prince Sekulovich.
Unfortunately NO! But i try to find something in archive abouth that Sekulovic... If you have more info abouth him send me!

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
hay louie you gota no respecta for you don you come to my house you aska da favor you never come to me befor ok . some day i will ask you a favor if you refuse i brakea your face :D

H

hannibal

Unregistered
Unfortunately NO! But i try to find something in archive abouth that Sekulovic... If you have more info abouth him send me!
His name was Lieutenant Vladimir Sekulovich. He was an ex-officer from Montenegro and was admitted directly as sous-lieutenant in the Foreign Legion. Unfortunately this is all I found about him : no date of service, no sub-unit. It is however sure that he was not on the rolls of the 5° REI in March 1945. But he served with 5° REI in Indochina in 1930s. I know that in 1939 he was in Marocco with 1er REI or 2eme REI, can't remember right now.

I think he was an ex-officer of the Montenegrian Army from World War I, so you should have something about him in your archives.

While speaking about the archives do you think you could also look for any data about French naval air squadron that was operating from Bar and Ulcinj in 1914-15 against the Austrians in cattaro? my friend is writing an article/book about French Air Force in the Balkans 1914-1918 and he is very interesting in this chapter, especially in any photos. We have found a note mentioning that one wealthy Montenegrian took a couple of photosof French airplanes once they arrived in Ulcinj in 1914. Any help would be appreciated.

Immortal

Reaction score
hannibal said:
His name was Lieutenant Vladimir Sekulovich. He was an ex-officer from Montenegro and was admitted directly as sous-lieutenant in the Foreign Legion. Unfortunately this is all I found about him : no date of service, no sub-unit. It is however sure that he was not on the rolls of the 5° REI in March 1945. But he served with 5° REI in Indochina in 1930s. I know that in 1939 he was in Marocco with 1er REI or 2eme REI, can't remember right now.

I think he was an ex-officer of the Montenegrian Army from World War I, so you should have something about him in your archives.

While speaking about the archives do you think you could also look for any data about French naval air squadron that was operating from Bar and Ulcinj in 1914-15 against the Austrians in cattaro? my friend is writing an article/book about French Air Force in the Balkans 1914-1918 and he is very interesting in this chapter, especially in any photos. We have found a note mentioning that one wealthy Montenegrian took a couple of photosof French airplanes once they arrived in Ulcinj in 1914. Any help would be appreciated.
OK Hannibal! I try do best what i can, i promise. But, i need time... Maybe look in Cetinje (city near my city Podgorica) Cetinje is capital city in Montenegro and im sure 100% there i can find something in museum-archive... When i have chance and posibility for that i go there and try to find. After that i send to you, dont worry! But please dont liability me for latency... Also, i try this days find something on Montenegro-history site (if that exist)
Regards ;)
P.S. Where are you from? send me on p.m. (if you want)

H

hannibal

Unregistered
OK Hannibal! I try do best what i can, i promise. But, i need time... Maybe look in Cetinje (city near my city Podgorica) Cetinje is capital city in Montenegro and im sure 100% there i can find something in museum-archive...
Sure Immortal. Take your time. I hope you will be able to find anything, cause' for me it is difficult to find anything from Montenegrian sources. I tried to contact the Cattaro Naval Museum on this, but got three different addresses and phone numbers and don't know which to call/write now.

When i have chance and posibility for that i go there and try to find. After that i send to you, dont worry!
Thank you very much in advance. :)

But please dont liability me for latency... Also, i try this days find something on Montenegro-history site (if that exist)
I beg your pardon? :confused:

Immortal

Reaction score
hannibal said:
Sure Immortal. Take your time. I hope you will be able to find anything, cause' for me it is difficult to find anything from Montenegrian sources. I tried to contact the Cattaro Naval Museum on this, but got three different addresses and phone numbers and don't know which to call/write now.

Thank you very much in advance. :)

I beg your pardon? :confused:
:) Sorry, i tell you before, my english is bad!!! dont worry, if i find something i send to you!
Regards!!!

Immortal

Reaction score
Hannibal, i find this Montenegrian site : http://www.mnmuseum.org

Try this (you have there mail adress ) also site have english version, i think if you contact that museum you have answear 100% or they can you give info where you can search abouth that Sekulic!

Best idea is if you direct (as foreigner) and in that case there be kind to you and send to you information!!!

Regard ;)

H

hannibal

Unregistered
Hannibal, i find this Montenegrian site : http://www.mnmuseum.org
Thank you for the advice and link, Immortal.

Try this (you have there mail adress ) also site have english version, i think if you contact that museum you have answear 100% or they can you give info where you can search abouth that Sekulic!
I have already read Sekulic's book. But I doubt they will give me any information about Vladimir Sekulovic. For that need to come in person, at least that was my experience with "Vojni-istorijski archive" in Belgrade. So if you could sneak around to see for any info info about this Vladimir Sekulovic I would appreciate very much. As far as the second request is concerned I will try to hit them with an e-mail just as you suggested.

Thank you again.

Immortal

Reaction score
hannibal said:
Thank you for the advice and link, Immortal.

I have already read Sekulic's book. But I doubt they will give me any information about Vladimir Sekulovic. For that need to come in person, at least that was my experience with "Vojni-istorijski archive" in Belgrade. So if you could sneak around to see for any info info about this Vladimir Sekulovic I would appreciate very much. As far as the second request is concerned I will try to hit them with an e-mail just as you suggested.

Thank you again.
hannibal, you can also look this Oficial site : Serbian And Montenegrin Armed Forces http://www.vj.yu/english/index.htm and there you have link to Military archive ("Vojni-istorijski archive") Maybe they help you if you are serious research. My sugestion: write mail there i think there be kind and give you information...
I give you before promise , if i have chance to visit direct museum in Cetinje i houp i can find something abouth that man.
Regard

Immortal

Reaction score
hannibal,

I have this days,today specialy, TOTAL and complete research make for you!!! Belive me, i do all what i can! I call to many numbers in Military museum in Belgrade, Cetinje (archive) and so manny Military institut.
So, for all serious research you must PERSONAL be there!!! There have all info.

I have some tel. nubmer's for you;

1. Military Historic Institute: +381 11 3201 656.
That is DIRECT number of Capetan Dragan Nenezic, Military-Nave. He is expert for 1. world war history, you can call him (he know very godd italian laguage and i think english)

2. Museum of Aviation in Belgrade; +381 11 670 992 / +381 11 698 209
There also can you give info but only after holiday (new year)

3.Military Museum Belgrade; +381 11 3344 441

4. Custodian of Historic Montenegro Museum, mr. Vladimir Vujacic : +381 86 231 050

5. Historic Archive in Montenegro-Cetinje; +381 86 230 225

So My Friend, i call and talk with all that people (unles capetan Dragan Nenezic) but, from institute tell me he is expert for that war period and my SUGESTION is: call that man and i hope he give you the best information!!! :cool:

Hannibal, i hope i help you! (that i promise and belive me that is all what i can in this moment) For all next research im not cempetent person, and also for that i need time, to much time, money, and all...:eek:

Regard's

Immortal

P.S. I hope you also maybe help me in future if i need some info from you (who know's) :)

H

hannibal

Unregistered
Hello Immortal,

I have this days,today specialy, TOTAL and complete research make for you!!! Belive me, i do all what i can! I call to many numbers in Military museum in Belgrade, Cetinje (archive) and so manny Military institut.
So, for all serious research you must PERSONAL be there!!! There have all info.
I thank you for your EXTREMLY generous and appreciated help. And for your precious free time that you have spent on this subject. But I have to tell you that I am well aquinted with the military history museums and archives in Serbia. I know several prominent Serbian military historians, some of which are unfortunately already deceased. When it comes to WW1 I think the best expert I have met is Mr. Nebojsa D. who is probably the only person who could tell me the precise and detailed order of battle for both side sin the Battle of Cer and Kolubara. I have also been in the Aviation Museum and have seen that very rare film footage of Ulrich Rudel dive-bombing with his Ju-87 an enemy ship and tanks. I believe the museum in belgrade is the only oen that still has it. I have heard that some wankers from the West were offering lots of money to purchase it... so don't know if they still have it... As far as captain Nenzic is concerned I think his speciality are Serbian military operations in WW1, but I don't think he is much into French and Montenegrian naval air operations off the coast of Montenegro in 1914-1915. I have checked in belgrade about the above mentioned topic and found some material but not much. But I have been advised to try in Montenegro, where unfortunately I don't know anyone, so I am grateful for addresses and phone numbers from Montenegro. I suppose you don't know if they use fax, as well do you?

When I meant by looking for Vladimir Sekulovic is that I would like if someone could look for his service record of the time when he was in the Montenegrian Army in WW1. About the Montenegrians in the Foreign Legion is more difficult but sometimes the archives and museums have a special fond which is save-keeping the manuscripts (memoires) which were written by veterans but never published, so they were sent to museums and archives to save them. I thought that maybe the same was done also in case of Sekulovich or some other Monetenegiran veterans from the French Foreign Legion or French WW1 Air Force. But from my experiences the arhive workers very rarely check this if you order via phone or internet. The best way is to go down for yourselve and check that fond or ask a friend who can check with his own eyes these manuscripts.

P.S. I hope you also maybe help me in future if i need some info from you (who know's)
If I will ever come about anything about Montenegro and the FFL, I will let you know.

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So Hannibal isnt it bout time you let us know where yer from?
If yer skeered say yer skeered...:)

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Martin Scott said:
On the question of lanuage us Londoners "thats cockneys to you and me HAVE OUR OWN.

Here for your imformation is just a few of them.

Hampstead Heath Teeth
apples and pears Stairs
Whistle and Flute Suit
China Plate Mate
4 by 2 Jew
4 by 2ish see above.
Hampton Wick Work that one out for yourselves.
Bristols Breasts.
Sauce pan lids Kids,
Frog&Toad road.
That just a few but if anybody can translate this sentence,they can have a copy of the book free when its published.

I was walking down the frog and went into the rub a dub. Had vast amounts of pigs ear,and got extremly bramhs and Listz.When home and on the way bumped into me oldest china. Went home and went to bed after waking the saucepans and getting Gbh of the Trouble and strife
Have Fun.
road,pub,beer,pissed,mate,kid,s,grives bodly harm,wife. luvly jubbly me old cock sparrow ;) :D

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
flash010 said:
if he,s scottish am moving haha:D
HAha..hope he's not an American... I'll have to come to Scotland to see ya Flash... me and the family :)

H

hannibal

Unregistered
No need to worry, Joette & Flash. You won't need to "immigrate". To rest your soul: I'm neither American nor Scottish. :eek:

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
hannibal said:
No need to worry, Joette & Flash. You won't need to "immigrate". To rest your soul: I'm neither American nor Scottish. :eek:
Oh..we were just kidding ya know..if ya were from the US I'd invite ya over for a couple of cold beers..and maybe a BBQ chicken wing or two..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.