a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal update

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Fab,

Sorry about your current situation. Stay positive and retain your 'want factor'. Maintenance of Aim
Rest assured the forum are rooting for you and may all your wishes come true. Go for it when ready.

Thanks a lot Chas, it's great to feel the support from this community. The goal is still at aim and at reach, I just have to find the right moment to take the shot.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Have you tried using door frames? I know its not ideal but better than nothing and at the end of the day will also help with grip strength. Best of luck with it all, its been cool reading through this thread and seeing you progress

Thanks a lot man. Yes door frames would do unfortunately I am at this place that has flat frames around the door. I pondered about doing them hanging on the side of the stairs but I don't think the old gentleman that is hosting me would appreciate to see me there LoL.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
lot of stuff happens that really challenge us, but more important, keep focused, stay hard
in the end, you will get stronger and confident every day

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Mi dispiace che la situazione a casa sia problematica. Ciò che non uccide un uomo lo rende solo più forte. Ti auguro tutto il possibile successo nella tua vita e carriera futura. Buona fortuna. Saluto!

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Mi dispiace che la situazione a casa sia problematica. Ciò che non uccide un uomo lo rende solo più forte. Ti auguro tutto il possibile successo nella tua vita e carriera futura. Buona fortuna. Saluto!

Grazie mille Silva! Altrettanto 😊

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
lot of stuff happens that really challenge us, but more important, keep focused, stay hard
in the end, you will get stronger and confident every day

Thanks man, things are already coming along. I will have my own place from half january onwards from where I will continue preparation. Motivation is unaffected! Talk soon bro

Ensiferum

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Thanks a lot man. Yes door frames would do unfortunately I am at this place that has flat frames around the door. I pondered about doing them hanging on the side of the stairs but I don't think the old gentleman that is hosting me would appreciate to see me there LoL.

When I lived in Germany, I went to parks where they had either metal soccer goalposts or children play area with these iron bars (for children to climb, etc.
Did my runs around the park then pullups on those iron bars, which was even better because I could do them after/during a run and bars were thicker than normal pullup bars. I'm pretty sure you would find this in Netherlands too.

When it comes to going to France, maybe you could look into car/bus like on application "BlaBla car"? It's quite cheap.

I will be honest with you. I live in France and see the legion recrutement center. My gut feeling is
"If you are 1) reasonably fit 2) Determined to go into légion, then 3) What are you waiting for?"

I think the physical part for most guys in 20s is not a big issue.
The problem is more the psychological part (this is why I personally never joined...I waited/hesitated).

I think Legion is one of these things, you just have to grab your balls and go for it. Not think for 20 million years about whether to join.
There are Eastern Europeans/Russians these days, tough as nails, that go to recrutement center without "thinking things over" a million times like we Westerners do.

My advice as a 33 year old is...If you're in your 20s, just bloody go for it. Or live with regret of never having done it.
Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
FdG,

Well done simply go for it. Remember even when things are not going well,
it is mind over matter. Determine to never give in or 'Ne pas subir'.

You will enter with certain trepidation which is understandable. Simply obey
all orders with alacrity show willing.

I know the feeling since a wiry little squirt at a tad under 5'7" I endured training
by former WW2 Commandos,

Enough of me, it is your future, so 'Bonne Chance' and keep us informed when able to.