a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Physical requirements for FFL

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think you have to try & put yourself in the place of the Recruiting officers..or selection Panel. Fit guys will turn up every day.
Looks like you gladly put yourself in place of recruiting officers. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Looks like you gladly put yourself in place of recruiting officers. :)
No but as I'm Ex Military & you're not..maybe i have a better perspective than you. It's what I would look for.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
ALL bullsh*t. There is no limit in size or height. IN the 4th CIE of the 1REG, there is ONE BULGARIAN Giant who is 6'7 and there is a MONGOLIAN MIDGET who past FG2 and is 4'10 ANYONE in REG and or 4CIE will know this, but 1REG, for sure, Everyone knows. Common knowledge. Same in the CCL, of probably all reg's. There are WHALES, FAT AS FUCK. And i do not mean 15+ or more years. I mean the LOSERS of the regiment whos only resort was STAGE CUISINE. ALL GREENS know this is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
ALL bullshit. There is no limit in size or height. IN the 4th CIE of the 1REG, there is ONE BULGARIAN Giant who is 6'7 and there is a MONGOLIAN MIDGET who past FG2 and is 4'10 ANYONE in REG and or 4CIE will know this, but 1REG, for sure, Everyone knows. Common knowledge. Same in the CCL, of probably all reg's. There are WHALES, FAT AS FUCK. And i do not mean 15+ or more years. I mean the LOSERS of the regiment whos only resort was STAGE CUISINE. ALL GREENS know this is true.
šŸ˜€

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

I love pithy replies from the Greens.;)

And don't mess with our Mod Joe. He was trained in the controlled application of maximum violence on his AACCse. o_O

Scouse Arley was another from my school of intimidation. He fell in love with Woodbury Common and the bottom field.:confused: No place for losers and stage cuisine men there.:coffee:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I love pithy replies from the Greens.;)

And don't mess with our Mod Joe. He was trained in the controlled application of maximum violence on his AACCse. o_O

Scouse Arley was another from my school of intimidation. He fell in love with Woodbury Common and the bottom field.:confused: No place for losers and stage cuisine men there.:coffee:
Joe is the tank Gunner & Cook. A very important Position in my Tank. Bet they didn't teach him how to Cook Turtle at the ACC school. Corned dog fritters...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In 18 years of diverse Crown Service I have met whole range of military cooks. Some good some bad. But give them their due they do their best and often in very challenging locations.(y)

As the Little Corporal said ; An army marches on its stomach. How very true.

On an aside maybe some of DCLXVI's associates must actually march on theirs if his comment about big bellies are correct. lol:unsure:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In 18 years of diverse Crown Service I have met whole range of military cooks. Some good some bad. But give them their due they do their best and often in very challenging locations.(y)

As the Little Corporal said ; An army marches on its stomach. How very true.

On an aside maybe some of DCLXVI's associates must actually march on theirs if his comment about big bellies are correct. lol:unsure:
Yeah...the cooks did some good food. Saturday morning we had Brunch. Had my pork chop & Apple Sauce... LOL. Soaked up the booze from the night before. :D the best was the Royal Signals, Div Main headquarters. They had a cookhouse out in the field for the Staff officers. I mean the General & Brigadiers ate good so we did too as their "Staff". Apple crumble & custard in the Field. Tents with tables everything Set or we were in large Farm barns. Dirty Job but someone got to do it. There was of course the other side you had to be switched on the Commander Royal Artillery does not ask twice.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
ALL bullsh*t. There is no limit in size or height. IN the 4th CIE of the 1REG, there is ONE BULGARIAN Giant who is 6'7 and there is a MONGOLIAN MIDGET who past FG2 and is 4'10 ANYONE in REG and or 4CIE will know this, but 1REG, for sure, Everyone knows. Common knowledge. Same in the CCL, of probably all reg's. There are WHALES, FAT AS FUCK. And i do not mean 15+ or more years. I mean the LOSERS of the regiment whos only resort was STAGE CUISINE. ALL GREENS know this is true.

Yep, I knew a very tall Marine and some really short ones. It was said earlier, they will find a set of boots and a uniform to fit.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
In 18 years of diverse Crown Service I have met whole range of military cooks.
Chefs, in the British army you were qualified to be a chef. Cooks were in the navy, RMs and RAF. I spent two years at St Omer barracks, Aldershot as a junior soldier, one week training to be a chef and one week military training. The "DEGs", those that joined at 18+ spent 9 months but came out also qualified as B2 chefs with a city and guilds, 706#1,2 and 3.
And yes the food was excellent.

OK, I've calmed down now, there was a rude awakening for me when I got to the dining room table in FdeN, two days after I joined. Why two days? Because I got there on the 2nd of May, and we were still eating left overs from Camerone (30th of April followed by 1st of May).
I was the proverbial engagƩ gamelle, I stood outside the gates at 11:45. I kid you not. I was contemplating getting a sandwich from the local practically across the road from the fort. Even though my stomach was rumbling and - don't tell anyone this otherwise my street cred goes out the window- my legs shaking, I thought no! I'm going for it.
I'd never heard of Camerone and the left overs were delicious, sparse but delicious. By the time I'd signed my contract on the 4th reality had set and I was feeling, well... hungry.
But did I miss my eggs, bacon and beans, toast and mugs of tea in the morning? Did I...?:sick::cry:
YES !