Physical tests

Mohican

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Mauritius
hey guys, so i just checked the FFL recruitment website and was kind of surprised to see that physical tests to join changed from 3 pull ups to being able to do 3 push ups? cant think of anyone who wont be able to do 3 push ups

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Interesting. guys have to remember that might be the 'minimum requirement' but with the Legion only accepting 1 in 10, the minimum just isn't going to cut it. If anybody struggles with 3 push ups, he might want to go back to being a figure skating hairdresser.

legionar1989

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Serbia
hey guys, so i just checked the FFL recruitment website and was kind of surprised to see that physical tests to join changed from 3 pull ups to being able to do 3 push ups? cant think of anyone who wont be able to do 3 push ups
That is just typing error. In french and other languages it says pull-ups, and you have picture of a guy doing one so...

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
Yes I think it's a typo, but didn't use to be 4 pull ups instead of 3?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes I think it's a typo, but didn't use to be 4 pull ups instead of 3?
Thanks, SLehman . If you are going to join ANY military in the world and your biggest worry before joining is 3 or 4 pull ups, stay at home. Hells bells guys you are hoping to join the FFL. Train up for it !
Basically if you can only do 4 pull ups then forget, sorry to be so blunt.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Blunt No. Common sense yes Joe as you post states.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
Thanks, SLehman . If you are going to join ANY military in the world and your biggest worry before joining is 3 or 4 pull ups, stay at home. Hells bells guys you are hoping to join the FFL. Train up for it !
Basically if you can only do 4 pull ups then forget, sorry to be so blunt.
Don't worry, it's not the amount I'm worried about. I was just wondering why it changed all of the sudden (Which is also a waste of time to wonder about :) )

FloridaMedic

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Be prepared for them to change whatever they want when ya show up.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Sweden
If it says 3, or, 4 minimum, the expectation is to do more, just to test your determination and willingness to a wee bit of selfsacrifice, not to bust another 'Guinness record'. If you are told "ça suffit" that's enough, you would be ok, for the moment. Long is the road. ;)

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
If it says 3, or, 4 minimum, the expectation is to do more, just to test your determination and willingness to a wee bit of selfsacrifice, not to bust another 'Guinness record'. If you are told "ça suffit" that's enough, you would be ok, for the moment. Long is the road. ;)
Rather more than necessary than less than necessary :)

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
It is without a shadow of any doubt that daily you will have men show up THINKING THAT all they need to do is make THE MINIMUM and that is it. That might only be if you have 4 men. One does 11 pullups, the second does 14, the third does 5 and the fourth does 9 and so on and so on. The logic then comes down to MINIMUM numbers between the men . The second man beat the first man and the fourth man beat the third. It is going to come down to MINIMUM numbers. The lowest ones being the eliminated. Don't think for one second fellas that 4 gets you in the door. Do not think that 10 gets you in the door. The legion has its method and you will be eliminated for simply over thinking the minimum..See?...THINKING is OVERTHINKING. If it was me( Which it will be soon..) I would strive for all out guts and glory!!. No "Minimum" number of 4!!.

OP
M

Mohican

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Mauritius
the minimum does get u through the door if im not mistaken, atleast that's what i saw in one recent documentary. U r required to do a minimum of 3 pull ups to be allowed through the door and then u have to go through the selections. I might be wrong but u can check it out for yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivC_sNtLHuc

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
the minimum does get u through the door if im not mistaken, atleast that's what i saw in one recent documentary. U r required to do a minimum of 3 pull ups to be allowed through the door and then u have to go through the selections. I might be wrong but u can check it out for yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivC_sNtLHuc
Regardless of how it actually works you probably just have to follow some simple steps.

Step 1: Start doing pull ups.
Step 2: Keep going until you're told to stop.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Mohican,

you watch entirely to much "Entertainment" and secondly, you missed the entire point on minimums..Big numbers count a little later on after the Luc Leger.
HENCE GETTING YOU THROUGH THE DOOR. NOT THE DOOR, LITERALLY, AS WHAT YOU WATCHED ON SOME ENTERTAINING DOCUMENTARY. Understand, now?!.

OP
M

Mohican

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Mauritius
DCLXVI,

thanks mate, first of all I dont watch too much entertainment. I just wanted to know how the selections were like but i guess you must be right and I will just have to work harder from now on.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yeah man, MOHICAN

Just go all out guts and glory man, until you literally can pull no more!!!

OP
M

Mohican

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Mauritius
Yeah dude, gotta work on those pull ups and get better at it because I suck at it. Anyway thanks for your advice and if you don't mind me asking, are u a legionnaire yourself?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
No, I am not. I am a personal trainer tho and college grad. Heres a pull up hint to become better, faster. It is called an Ascension. Get a stop watch out. Do 1 pull up. Wait thirty seconds. Then do 2 pull ups. Wait thirty seconds, then 3 pull ups. Etc. Do that 3 times a week. Go as high as you can. Keep repeating that until you can actually go all the way up to ten!!. PM me if you would like some more help with them.

A

ahun1743

Unregistered
Dude seriously you're making this so ******* complicated. Who the **** cares if it's 3 or 4 pull-ups. Or if it's 50 damn pull-ups. You keep going until you can't do anymore or you're told stop.

All you wannabees always talk about this "minimum" shit. No one cares if you pass the minimum, they care that you kept going until you couldn't do any more.

Mohican, get your head out of your ass and stop asking about minimums. Go find a bar and "fais les tractions jusqu'au la mort"