Places people have been

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good day gents. Since we are all from different places, and in combination have been to most countries on Earth, I thought I would start this thread so people can talk about their favorite places they have been, or worst if one is so inclined.

The goal is to simply say in our own words about said places so that perhaps one can gain insight as to the geography, culture, and our personal opinions about the places we have been.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Good idea, stari moj.
Constructive and creative.
I'm getting drunk at the moment, but will definitely post on the subject and looking forward to input from other fellow members.
Nice one W!

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Tonight I will post about Texas, and the different parts, as well as the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico that I visited.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I remember our Thai teacher asking us something similar. Because it is difficult for Thais especially women and even more so young women to leave Thailand and very difficult to leave Asia, she just stood there with wide eyes when the class started to tell her where they have been. I limited mine to the US, UK and Canada.

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
So Texas is a very large state, obviously. It is about an 8 hour drive from the center of Texas in any direction to get out of the state. To the south, there is heavy Mexican and latin american influence. Spanish is very widely spoken, and is considered to be the second language by most, save more conservative types. I live an hour from the coast, so most of the time in the year, it is 90-100% humidity, and about 75-105 degrees Fahrenheit most times. It almost never snows here.

Places of interest: San Antonio, to see the Alamo and the riverwalk. Alot of good food and nightlife there. Austin, the capital, is quite liberal compared to the rest of Texas, but alot of fun. Wineries and breweries are everywhere, alot of music and nightlife. It's a huge college town and very diverse.

Avoid Houston, which is where I stay. Some places are safe, but human trafficking is major, as well as Mexican cartel influences, crime, and low lives. Police here do not mess around and will get you for any infraction, but most are decent fellas. Alot of good food, festivals, a number of upscale areas.

My favorite place is up north, where there is more forests and is quiet. Just how I like it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
So have you been Hog hunting in Texas? 😁
So the one time I had the opportunity, I got called in for work early that morning. My old man and I were going to try and find this large nasty pig that tore up the back yard or something, do not really remember the specifics. It make us mad, but my old man took it personally and basically swore a blood oath to find and kill him.

Came home to two freezers full of pork. Porky pig didn't stand a chance, my old man put three in his dome with a high speed AR-10.

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
And while I know that meat harvested from the wild tastes gamey, I actually enjoy it. It reminds me that it was straight from nature and not a grocery store.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
You mentioned Houston Texas.. Used to work with a guy from Houston. Black dude was called zack.. Good guy. Was ex us army. Was doing security with us for the british army. He went back to Houston with his german wife. Was funny sometimes with him 😁 he got a Job with a money Transporter firm in Houston. When he needed a refrence he gave the guard room number & one of the guys pretended to be his ex Boss.. 😆 He got the job. He was liked by the troops too.

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
You mentioned Houston Texas.. Used to work with a guy from Houston. Black dude was called zack.. Good guy. Was ex us army. Was doing security with us for the british army. He went back to Houston with his german wife. Was funny sometimes with him 😁 he got a Job with a money Transporter firm in Houston. When he needed a refrence he gave the guard room number & one of the guys pretended to be his ex Boss.. 😆 He got the job. He was liked by the troops too.
Houstonians are smooth like that, except me. I am a bad liar and not smart enough to remember my bs so I just tell the truth lol.

Zack probably makes some serious guap (money)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Houstonians are smooth like that, except me. I am a bad liar and not smart enough to remember my bs so I just tell the truth lol.

Zack probably makes some serious guap (money)
He was actually a cook in the US army. He took nö shit of anyone. Solid dude

OP
A
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I want this woman to bust my pimple 😄
DISGUSTING. Watching pimples get popped is nasty as feck. I would literally rather take in a breath with the aroma of dog shiz than watch a pimple get popped.

She has solid bone structure though not bad.

Anyways I will talk about my time in mexico tomorrow. It is 3am and I have to wake at 8am ;)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
DISGUSTING. Watching pimples get popped is nasty as feck. I would literally rather take in a breath with the aroma of dog shiz than watch a pimple get popped.
Watch her on german TV.. Crazy what some people have

Most viewed threads of the week