a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profiles

Eguy

Reaction score
Maybe it'll work if I say that someone in my family will pay for me, and I'll send him money when I get some..

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
They do not care, as long you do not lie about it during your interview with the security bureau.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Ok here goes.

Martin Scott (that's my real name not the one I used in the Legion) unlike a lot of people, I kept my own I.D right throughout my service. Aged 41 years.
Military Service including the Legion 16 years 362 Days not that I was counting or anything. Living currently in Paris, yet wife and 1 daughter in London, I commute every weekend to see them going home on a permanent basis next month. Now back in Hertfordshire joined the British Army straight from school at 16 years of age as a boy soldier. After basic training joined the 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards, served in Northern Ireland, Cyprus, Germany, and Belize as well as Public Duties in London. Left the Army as a Sergeant and started working as a Security Officer for four months, found becoming a civvy very hard, tried to rejoin the Army and was told I was too old at 24. Bummed about a bit and got really pissed off at the world and his mate.

12th /11/1984 went to the fort in Paris and joined the Legion. Served in 1REC as a buck front grunt for two years, after finishing basic training. Carried my sac-à-dos and rode around in a twenty ton tank as a signaller Gunner. Went back to Castel and passed the caporal course came fifth in a class of 32. 20 passed. Did the same shit in 1REC for another 5 years but could scream and shout abit more. One fateful night decided to take on APC and lost. Suffered a back injury and spent two months in hospital .Whilst there was promoted to CCh.
Was posted to La Musique as a flute player as I had been a drummer in the Corps of Drums. Spent two years there came out on the 12.01.1994.

Worked as a private security consultant for a major bank in London. Interest. My wife and family first and foremost.
2. military history especially the Legion.
3. Being a silly bastard jumping out of planes and playing American Football in London as a middle linebacker, (Dick Butkus) is my alltime hero.
Drinking anything with a alcohol content normally a good bottle of white wine and last but no means least being a member of the French Foreign Legion U.K Association.

P

pmc-legionaire

Unregistered
I'm new to this board and this is a good way to introduce myself. So here goes: I'm a 17 year old heterosexual male who goes by the name of Oreste Hajib. First name is Greek, last name Moroccan :) . Don't know how came to that. I live in beautiful Deurne Noord close to Antwerp. Currently i'm studying tourism altough I don't really see a future in that branche. In less than 5 years i would want to join the Legion and after my contract I would want to do something in the private military. So that's me.

Forgotten

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
pmc-legionaire said:
I'm a 17 year old hetero sexual male who goes by the name of Oreste Hajib.
Should we have reason to doubt? Furhtermore, you might want to consider a name change. pmc-legionaire can be very misleading.

P

pmc-legionaire

Unregistered
yeah sorry about the hetero sexual deal, just some way of introducing myself. I already tought about a name change since i'm not one of both. Kind of didn't earned the name.

Lampstand

Reaction score
Sorry buddy you have taken one too many steps down the pillow bitters trail......hetero sexaul my ass!
Introduce yourself to the Legion that way you'll get one big foot in your ass and i'm sure you'll like it.

P

pmc-legionaire

Unregistered
wtf, hey dudes I coming here so i can meet anciens and wannabe's and make 1 mistake in an introducing message and i get a shitload of shit. Sorry if you don't like it but chill a bit.

P

pmc-legionaire

Unregistered
Oh yeah, sorry to be clear about my sexual preference. Is it such a big deal in pointing it out, can we now go on peacefully :)

Forgotten

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
pmc-legionaire said:
wtf, hey dudes I coming here so i can meet anciens and wannabe's and make 1 mistake in an introducing message and i get a shitload of shit. Sorry if you don't like it but chill a bit.

haha, take it easy. It was a joke. But you really should change your name.

P

pmc-legionaire

Unregistered
yeah , i'm gonna do it tomorrow. Could you explain me how I do it and this night i'm gonna think of a better one.

Forgotten

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
pmc-legionaire said:
yeah , i'm gonna do it tomorrow. Could you explain me how I do it and this night i'm gonna think of a better one.
You have to make a new account. The Boss hasn't made it so we can change names and keep the same account. Sorry. Pain in the ass I know.

unknown

Reaction score
The thread is about Profiles, please keep it at that. It is very hard to use thread as reference material because there is so much bullshit in them ok guys? Please keep to the topic of threads. I'm not just talking about this thread....

If anyone wants to rip into me, please PM. Don't waste space.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Agree with Unknown. I would encourage all participants to fill their profile in the ad-hoc section of this BBS (user Control Panel). Posting information as a post in a thread will make it forgotten very quickly over the time when new threads come in.

Cullener

Reaction score
Hello interested in joining the legion but would like to know how much it would cost to live while medical exam take place

wannabee

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
Cullener said:
Hello interested in joining the legion but would like to know how much it would cost to live while medical exam take place
Applying to be a legionaire doesn't cost anything. Only thing you have to pay for is your travel. If I recall correctly, you even get paid for your time in Aubagne.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Cpl gordon david mle 180805 2eme cme 3 section r.e.p. 5eme re c.c.t. 1er re c.a.p.l.e . aka flash like fishing (sea) chasing woman and any thing that keeps me from going in to work with a shot gun. hate bull shitters deserters and wife beaters, live and work in scotland have 4 kids two in blackwatch, two at school. fast to go off on one and fast to say sorry when i think i am wrong. :D :)

EV_CHEF

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
flash010 said:
Cpl gordon david mle 180805 2eme cme 3 section r.e.p. 5eme re c.c.t. 1er re c.a.p.l.e . aka flash like fishing (sea) chasing woman and any thing that keeps me from going in to work with a shot gun. hate bull shitters deserters and wife beaters, live and work in scotland have 4 kids two in blackwatch, two at school. fast to go off on one and fast to say sorry when i think i am wrong. :D :)

You are so cute with your dress on 'those' pix :D :D