a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pull up form at selection

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dule,

I really don't want this to look like I am mocking or provocating , but I can't resist posting this "Jazz" version of "Hey Slavs!" ("Hej Slaveni" was the anthem of Jugoslavija)
Faces of soldiers said it all.
OMG that sound like fusion of Posmrtnog marša (music used for funerals) and my old hymn. BTW that was your hymn to Perun. OK not that, something like that :). Then everyone started to hate that hymn. I think that was from that time. Soldiers not even trying to sing and i don't think that is just because F-up band. I remember that time when "Hej Sloveni" was still official hymn of Serbia bad it was kinda cool not to sing it.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
I never said it wasn't. Yours truly on the right, cca 1986/1987 Talking about indoctrination....

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
OK, It was a "Yugo" thing hence posting. Now - can any of the staff erase this photo, please.
In case anyone wondered after seeing the photo - no I am not on anything, and I'm not mentally challenged (at least by medical standards) :rolleyes:.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
OK, It was a "Yugo" thing hence posting. Now - can any of the staff erase this photo, please.
In case anyone wondered after seeing the photo - no I am not on anything, and I'm not mentally challenged (at least by medical standards) :rolleyes:.
Don't worry about it ..we're all a bit Ape sh*t crazy bonkers...haha. I sing a lot when Driving my car. Remember a guy i knew here who said Stress Relief for him was going in the middle of the woods & screaming...seriously. Used to go Running with the guy , never did it when I was with him though. :D not that I would care

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
Is it possible to do a butterfly pullups at the gate or later after the beeptest?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Is it possible to do a butterfly pullups at the gate or later after the beeptest?
Depends what you mean by butterfly pull-up? Little bit of swinging is almost impossible to avoid. But if you looking like fish on the hook after third rep ...that's not good for you. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi LDLD for those who, like me, don't know what a butterfly pull up is :

the answer is NO. Check the many threads concerning the legion's entrance examination, There is one rule concerning the beep test and one rule concerning the pull ups test and there is one rule concerning the IQ test.

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
Hi LDLD for those who, like me, don't know what a butterfly pull up is :

the answer is NO. Check the many threads concerning the legion's entrance examination, There is one rule concerning the beep test and one rule concerning the pull ups test and there is one rule concerning the IQ test.
Thanks. The reason I ask is because they do butterfly pullups in the crossfit olympic games it doubles the amount of pullups you can do you use the momentum of the swing. So you say one rule that means even if someone can do bar muscle up thats like 4 times more harder then a regular pullup they can eliminate you? I mean for me it's not an issue to do 25 regular pullups its just for make sure so no one will make a fool of himself.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thanks. The reason I ask is because they do butterfly pullups in the crossfit olympic games it doubles the amount of pullups you can do you use the momentum of the swing. So you say one rule that means even if someone can do bar muscle up thats like 4 times more harder then a regular pullup they can eliminate you? I mean for me it's not an issue to do 25 regular pullups its just for make sure so no one will make a fool of himself.
Crossfit. OMG. Ye it means one rule, man! You can't swing like that on pull up bar. If someone do that will be warn and shown have to do correctly (If he are lucky). If you than again start to swing on the bar you would be shown the doors. Your potential strength won't be taken in consideration. Same would happen if you try to do muscle ups (and you are told to do pull-up) in order to impress others and guy teasing you. You are not doing test for olympic team you are join to army so do what they told and try not to stand out of crowd. If you do more than 20 pull ups (at entrance test) you would be probably stoped and told thats enoughf.
And don't forget that physical tests are just small part for being selected. I see many guys come here and emphasizing that too much, forgetting other important things.
You don't need to be super athlete, just to be in good shape. I heard many stories of guys doing bare minimum and being accepted and others doing 30 pull-ups and rejected so...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
Crossfit. OMG. Ye it means one rule, man! You can't swing like that on pull up bar. If someone do that will be warn and shown have to do correctly (If he are lucky). If you than again start to swing on the bar you would be shown the doors. Your potential strength won't be taken in consideration. Same would happen if you try to do muscle ups (and you are told to do pull-up) in order to impress others and guy teasing you. You are not doing test for olympic team you are join to army so do what they told and try not to stand out of crowd. If you do more than 20 pull ups (at entrance test) you would be probably stoped and told thats enoughf.
And don't forget that physical tests are just small part for being selected. I see many guys come here and emphasizing that too much, forgetting other important things.
You don't need to be super athlete, just to be in good shape. I heard many stories of guys doing bare minimum and being accepted and others doing 30 pull-ups and rejected so...
Alright then gray man that is. Thanks man

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi V 2,0,
seven is the minimum required, I you can do more all the better.
Although not really important, it is actually saying là good and là no good.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi V 2,0,
seven is the minimum required, I you can do more all the better.
Yeah.. People need to use the search function. Numerous Videos on this and the bleep test. Subject repeats its self
Kipping pull ups are just BS.
Go for Quality not Quantity.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yeah.. People need to use the search function. Numerous Videos on this and the bleep test. Subject repeats its self
Kipping pull ups are just BS.
Go for Quality not Quantity.
For me it's not a problem. It is true that there is a search function for that purpose, but then again it's not really such a major deal. I would prefer that he asked early so that he could do proper training on the pull ups then
looking like fish on the hook (sic)"
*sic =
adverb
used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original,

V 2.0

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
Yes sir, I just don't have the keys on my keyboard!
Some people who can't operate Google want to operate rifles and mortars. Bleh...

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
*sic =
adverb
used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original,
I think I need more clarifications. Ok I'm getting meaning of adverb. But "sic"?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Sic is used mainly by the media to mean , according to or a non conformed source saïd so....quoting a quote IS thé same thing

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I think I need more clarifications. Ok I'm getting meaning of adverb. But "sic"?
(sic) means that I have quoted you verbatim. In other words I have copied word for word what you have written even though I know that it is not 100% correctly put.
Instead of writing looking like fish on the hook it would be more correct to have put: looking like a fish on a hook.
It is not to take the p$ss, it is just to show that I've written it the way you've said it. I realize that English is not you first language.