a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Question about Interpol; I may be flagged not wanted

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
So from my post history you will see I was ex military in Canada. I went to try out for the French Foreign Legion did not pass selection. So I thought over my life tried to get back in. Just as I am about to ship out police show up at my door take me in for questioning. Someone I know (I will stress a past associate now) is associated with the far right, has a record I wasn't too aware of that marks him as a domestic terrorist in the US. So I was not charged with anything civvie side as I explained myself well. But there is two seperate investigations. Military side may be either getting the boot out or maximum penalty of two years in jail.

I am not allowed to discuss full details right now about everything. But I am not going to run away and even if I tried doubtful I would get far.

So after I serve my time or get kicked out. And this will be on my interpol record (not wanted but lets say a person of interest or with associates of interest) do I have a chance of passing the Gestapo interviews?

I am not far right my wife is not even white. But in this witch hunt type scenario I got caught in the crossfire. And all I could get the police to say in my favor is I was coerced into something I was not aware of. Military is more guilty until proven innocent and due to new policies in the Canadian Army I doubt they will be as relaxed and let me clear things up. Although official charge is basically falsifying information (ie I said I was not a member of any far right groups when I was sworn in).

Not too comfortable discussing full details publicly but police had my full online activities especially facebook from past 10 years.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
So from my post history you will see I was ex military in Canada. I went to try out for the French Foreign Legion did not pass selection. So I thought over my life tried to get back in. Just as I am about to ship out police show up at my door take me in for questioning. Someone I know (I will stress a past associate now) is associated with the far right, has a record I wasn't too aware of that marks him as a domestic terrorist in the US. So I was not charged with anything civvie side as I explained myself well. But there is two seperate investigations. Military side may be either getting the boot out or maximum penalty of two years in jail.

I am not allowed to discuss full details right now about everything. But I am not going to run away and even if I tried doubtful I would get far.

So after I serve my time or get kicked out. And this will be on my interpol record (not wanted but lets say a person of interest or with associates of interest) do I have a chance of passing the Gestapo interviews?

I am not far right my wife is not even white. But in this witch hunt type scenario I got caught in the crossfire. And all I could get the police to say in my favor is I was coerced into something I was not aware of. Military is more guilty until proven innocent and due to new policies in the Canadian Army I doubt they will be as relaxed and let me clear things up. Although official charge is basically falsifying information (ie I said I was not a member of any far right groups when I was sworn in).

Not too comfortable discussing full details publicly but police had my full online activities especially facebook from past 10 years.
why i deleted facebook. first place anyone will look. you make any comment they disagree with you´re a Nazi.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
why i deleted facebook. first place anyone will look. you make any comment they disagree with you´re a Nazi.
Never f*cking use those survelliance networks like twitter and sh$t. Hard lesson learned for me. With possible jail time and all the dumb shi$t I did as a kid being read out to me by police.

Interesting link here as well: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/10/19/police-predict-hate-crimes-twitter-first-time/

Being called a nazi is like being called a pedophile even if your innocent everyone will still hate you and call you a nazi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I know this is common sense but if you´re going to join the Legion delete everything at least 3 months before you go.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I know this is common sense but if you´re going to join the Legion delete everything at least 3 months before you go.

Already deleted everything. The guy I knew already served some jail time years and years ago. Did not say much me about it to me personally but for some reason still on a watchlist. So somehow it got flagged. So my wife does not live here she lives in a communist country and before this happened it was like I was not going to get in the Canadian army again for having a Comminist spouse but now I went from communist to nazi. So I am not sure how it all came about. Although some details I gotta leave out because they said I should expect to be monitored for a few years. The military here is dismissing my side of the story they said. And civilian police said they are not responsible for helping clear my name.

So its probably not gonna be possible for her to immigrate here as we planned. And getting discharged from the military has reprecussions here that will result in poor choices for employment if any. Any government job even picking up garbage I wont be able to do.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Never fucking use those survelliance networks like twitter and shit. Hard lesson learned for me. With possible jail time and all the dumb shit I did as a kid being read out to me by police.

Interesting link here as well: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/10/19/police-predict-hate-crimes-twitter-first-time/

Being called a nazi is like being called a pedophile even if your innocent everyone will still hate you and call you a nazi.
somehow i think you will be deleted soon ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
somehow i think you will be deleted soon ;)

Certainly is a bad situation. But I am no nazi or terrorist. Never even had a speeding ticket before. Was not aware of what was going on in other peoples private lives. Havent spoke to any of them since. Just curious now because I enjoyed soldiering if theres any possibility of starting a new life. No one has to believe me sure but I am not gonna admit to being something I am not. I am too honest and upfront with people. Did not say I was fleeing anywhere. I am sure if I tried it would make a bad situation worse.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Certainly is a bad situation. But I am no nazi or terrorist. Never even had a speeding ticket before. Was not aware of what was going on in other peoples private lives. Havent spoke to any of them since. Just curious now because I enjoyed soldiering if theres any possibility of starting a new life. No one has to believe me sure but I am not gonna admit to being something I am not. I am too honest and upfront with people. Did not say I was fleeing anywhere. I am sure if I tried it would make a bad situation worse.
not for me to say Bro ...but the mods don´t like piss taking. just a tip

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
not for me to say Bro ...but the mods don´t like piss taking. just a tip

Yea but this is not piss taking or trolling. I have legitimate question about Interpol background checks. It may sound like a bizarre conspiracy theory but its unfortunately real. And I wish it was made up. I wish it was so I would still be living my life as a normal guy.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yea but this is not piss taking or trolling. I have legitimate question about Interpol background checks. It may sound like a bizarre conspiracy theory but its unfortunately real. And I wish it was made up. I wish it was so I would still be living my life as a normal guy.
The Legion has an agreement to provide Interpol with the identity of every candidate that tries to insist so to answer your question it would be Interpol that would advise the Legion if they held information on you, but you sound full of well you no the rest!!!

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
The Legion has an agreement to provide Interpol with the identity of every candidate that tries to insist so to answer your question it would be Interpol that would advise the Legion if they held information on you, but you sound full of well you no the rest!!!
Well that answers my question. I guess if its so unbelievable then its probably not even worth bringing up unless asked about it. How would they even view a situation like this? Because here its been like a total witch hunt. Its a dumb situation tbh but due to everyone being paranoid about far right nutjobs and an immense amount of political correctness going into law here this is what ended up happening. Idk what else to say tbh.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well that answers my question. I guess if its so unbelievable then its probably not even worth bringing up unless asked about it. How would they even view a situation like this? Because here its been like a total witch hunt. Its a dumb situation tbh but due to everyone being paranoid about far right nutjobs and an immense amount of political correctness going into law here this is what ended up happening. Idk what else to say tbh.

Do what we did. Run South.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Do what we did. Run South.
I am guessing you mean go stateside. Problem is I would probably be considered a flight risk or something already. Investigation isnt finalized yet. Not facing civilian charges as such. And I get caught or extradited not gonna be pretty.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
First of all Foxhound, watch the swear words, or cuss words as you North Americans like to call them.:cool: This may be a legion forum, but we like to think of ourselves as being a cut above the rest.

Secondly, I'm not sure what your question actually is?

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
First of all Foxhound, watch the swear words, or cuss words as you North Americans like to call them.:cool: This may be a legion forum, but we like to think of ourselves as being a cut above the rest.

Secondly, I'm not sure what your question actually is?
My apologies there. My question boils down to Interpol flagged me as having far right connections due to now former associates of mine. So civilian police and military launched two seperate investigations. So my military career here may be over. So if I went to the Foreign Legion to try and have a military career would I get denied? Civilian police said it was basically like if I hung out with biker gangs without being a gang member and I was being coerced. However, the military does not take it as lightly thus far. I was unaware of these activities or any organized far right group. My wife is not white.

I served for a few years in the military here in Canada. Tried out for the Foreign Legion and went back to Canada to go back to the military. But just as I get ready to start my job here and get posted this occurs.

So I do not think it best I up and leave until the final decision gets made as to either discharged or prison time. Although there is a chance I could continue on thus far it does not look that it will work out in my favor.

Not sure if I will be facing any more charges at this time its not anticipated. But I would like a fresh start if nothing works out in my favor there. Have not had many employment opportunities and such and getting the boot out here will probably further dimish that. As well as affect my wife's immigration papers.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Sorry, re-reading your post: you are asking if you stand a chance of passing the "gestapo's" part in the selection process? As you yourself say, you can't go into too many details, especially as we know that the the forum is monitored by the recruiters. So that it makes it difficult to give a give a calculated guess on your chances.

Once you have got your situation sorted out at home, kicked out of the military or and or jail, I;d say that there would be very little chance that the legion would take you. However, saying that, if you've got the money for a flight - there and back- and can afford to spend a couple of days in in France, then yes go for it. For the simple reason, if you get on the plane, then interpol will not have anything against you leaving the country.

the only bit of advice that I can add is, do not take a couple of days to go sight seeing, because the French interpol may be alerted and then you will have to explain why you did not join the legion straight away- sight seeing in this case may sound a bit limp.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I see that you are not far from St Pierre et Miguelon, why not try going there first. It's French territory, if interpol don't want you to leave Canada they will make it clear at the border (I should think):unsure:

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Sorry, re-reading your post: you are asking if you stand a chance of passing the "gestapo's" part in the selection process? As you yourself say, you can't go into too many details, especially as we know that the the forum is monitored by the recruiters. So that it makes it difficult to give a give a calculated guess on your chances.

Once you have got your situation sorted out at home, kicked out of the military or and or jail, I;d say that there would be very little chance that the legion would take you. However, saying that, if you've got the money for a flight - there and back- and can afford to spend a couple of days in in France, then yes go for it. For the simple reason, if you get on the plane, then interpol will not have anything against you leaving the country.

the only bit of advice that I can add is, do not take a couple of days to go sight seeing, because the French interpol may be alerted and then you will have to explain why you did not join the legion straight away- sight seeing in this case may sound a bit limp.

Thanks for the reply. A small chance is better than zero chance. And having nothing to lose and more to gain after its sorted out probably best to try. I did not do sightseeing last time just got a taxi directly to the gates as soon as I got off the plane. Did all of my sightseeing in my wifes country. Although certainly makes it a difficult situation there Foreign Legion or not now. Just been like a total nightmare. Caught up in the crossfire moreorless.

Yup I know a fellow from those two terrorities. They have dual citizenship I believe. Where I grew up you could see it across the ocean just two dots on the horizon.

I do not plan to leave the country until its cleared up here first. As would create more problems. I will still have some of my youth left even if I got the maximum penalty two years. They have direct flights to Paris not too expensive to try after.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. A small chance is better than zero chance. And having nothing to lose and more to gain after its sorted out probably best to try. I did not do sightseeing last time just got a taxi directly to the gates as soon as I got off the plane. Did all of my sightseeing in my wifes country. Although certainly makes it a difficult situation there Foreign Legion or not now. Just been like a total nightmare. Caught up in the crossfire moreorless.

Yup I know a fellow from those two terrorities. They have dual citizenship I believe. Where I grew up you could see it across the ocean just two dots on the horizon.

I do not plan to leave the country until its cleared up here first. As would create more problems. I will still have some of my youth left even if I got the maximum penalty two years. They have direct flights to Paris not too expensive to try after.

You mentioned that you did not pass selection, did you get a note/paper inapte temporaire?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If what you're saying is true you probably have good chance to be accepted. (What test you don't pass first time?)
You are correct that there is leftist witch hunt and one can easily get in trouble without any reasonable guiltiness.
Especially in Canada! Being far right in Canada is probably means being canter in normal country (or slightly left in mine :))

So yeah, if only fault of yours is being friend with someone who are far right and you don't see those ideas I think that shouldn't be problem with gestapo. If in other hand you have big tattoo of swastika somewhere it would be hard to seal your story. ;)

And from what communist country is your wife? I mean there is no communist countries anymore. Only North Korea and even they don't call that communism anymore,