a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Question for legionnaires

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have searched and searched and can’t find any info on the actual capabilities of the “Gestapo”. I served in the US military, have no legal troubles, I served honorably BUT, due to my separation code, I don’t want to chance too many questions. I am medically fit with zero disabling criteria.

1.) Does anyone have definitive experience or sure info from working with them to tell me if they have access to foreign military records???

2.) If I withhold military service will they be able check at a later date in my service??? Say if I ever got the chance to apply for citizenship???

Thanks in advance.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have searched and searched and can’t find any info on the actual capabilities of the “Gestapo”. I served in the US military, have no legal troubles, I served honorably BUT, due to my separation code, I don’t want to chance too many questions. I am medically fit with zero disabling criteria.

1.) Does anyone have definitive experience or sure info from working with them to tell me if they have access to foreign military records???

2.) If I withhold military service will they be able check at a later date in my service??? Say if I ever got the chance to apply for citizenship???

Thanks in advance.
Why are you so paranoid about the so called gestapo!? Introduce yourself properly and maybe you will get some decent advice!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Why are you so paranoid about the so called gestapo!? Introduce yourself properly and maybe you will get some decent advice!
Why is there always such hostility on social sights toward new and inexperienced members and why is a proper introduction necessary on a thread with questions??? I wasn’t aware of an introductions thread. It’s not paranoia, it’s arming myself with information. You study for the test you want to pass. I don’t want to fly all the way to France to be rejected for any stupid reason is why.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Why is there always such hostility on social sights toward new and inexperienced members and why is a proper introduction necessary on a thread with questions??? I wasn’t aware of an introductions thread. It’s not paranoia, it’s arming myself with information. You study for the test you want to pass. I don’t want to fly all the way to France to be rejected for any stupid reason is why.
Its called manners hot shot, people are more than willing to help. However introducing yourself allows us to better understand your situation and adjust the advice.
On an unrelated side note:
Red names are moderators.
Green names are Anciens or currently serving Legionnaires.

Mark Wake is a veteran of Kowlezi and numerous other missions, so I'd listen to what he has to say.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Its called manners hot shot, people are more than willing to help. However introducing yourself allows us to better understand your situation and adjust the advice.
On an unrelated side note:
Red names are moderators.
Green names are Anciens or currently serving Legionnaires.

Mark Wake is a veteran of Kowlezi and numerous other missions, so I'd listen to what he has to say.
Fair enough

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The least you tell = less lies you need to spin
Keep your biographie short and sweet
Don't be going asking about Citizenshit to the Gestapo
A sure way to arouse their curiosity
All the time you spend in the Legion, working for La France. ..you are anything / evrything other than a (Citizen)
Even a clando wet back has more rights and consideration now a day's than legionnaires
Grunt on