Question regarding enlistment at 17

weinberger

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello, you can call me Weinberger, I'm new to the forum, however not new to the Legion. When I say that I mean like I have known about it for most of my life and have always aspired to join. I don't remember exactly why but getting to the point I'm just about to turn 16 and my parents are okay with giving their consent for myself to join the Legion (at the age of 17). I'm not all that sure if it is actually 17 or 17½ but furthermore I was wondering how a parent or guardian actually goes about doing so. I have not yet found any information regarding a situation or knowlege on this situation. I appreciate all the help that will be given and respond to your feedback.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
I believe you have to get a signed avidavit signed by your parents in front of a 'Justice of peace '. However, take my advice and wait until you are eighteen. In the mean time, read all the posts in the stickies and archives.

gatorojo ✞

Missed friend...
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hello, you can call me Weinberger, I'm new to the forum, however not new to the Legion. When I say that I mean like I have known about it for most of my life and have always aspired to join. I don't remember exactly why but getting to the point I'm just about to turn 16 and my parents are okay with giving their consent for myself to join the Legion (at the age of 17). I'm not all that sure if it is actually 17 or 17½ but furthermore I was wondering how a parent or guardian actually goes about doing so. I have not yet found any information regarding a situation or knowlege on this situation. I appreciate all the help that will be given and respond to your feedback.
Just curious, why don't you join your own Army first?

sdelapresilla

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
Yes, I'm afraid that questions must be asked to every American... LOL.

Legionnaire Parent

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Personally, it's an admirable goal, go for it! But you need to use your time wisely from now, like getting fit and definitely losing your virginity (said in a humorous and non-offensive way)! :)

Bizaum

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
You have to be 17½ before enlisting (at least that's what they told me when I asked)...

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
(...) definitely losing your virginity (said in a humorous and non-offensive way)! :)
If he doesn't lose it before going, he'll definitely lose it while in the Legion... But that might not be the type of virginity he wanted to lose :D (also said in a humorous and non-offensive way) !
Encore un giron d'enculé,
Sous la guitoune de l'aumônier...

Old Adj

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
If he doesn't lose it before going, he'll definitely lose it while in the Legion... But that might not be the type of virginity he wanted to lose :D (also said in a humorous and non-offensive way) !
Encore un giron d'enculé,
Sous la guitoune de l'aumônier...
When I first managed to translate that phrase into English I thought “ow, where the hell AM I?â€￾