a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about medical exam

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good afternoon legionnaires and aspiring legionaries,

I’ve spoken to two guys who have served in the legion and read countless forums. I have two screws in my from a surgery almost 10 years back in my teens. I’ve been debating about getting them removed so so can join the legion. However one guy who served in the legion told me that they wouldn’t accept me and another guy told me just not to mention the screws and i’ll be fine. Is there anyone here who has experienced coming across a recruit in a similar situation and if so, did they get in?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Good afternoon legionnaires and aspiring legionaries,

I’ve spoken to two guys who have served in the legion and read countless forums. I have two screws in my from a surgery almost 10 years back in my teens. I’ve been debating about getting them removed so so can join the legion. However one guy who served in the legion told me that they wouldn’t accept me and another guy told me just not to mention the screws and i’ll be fine. Is there anyone here who has experienced coming across a recruit in a similar situation and if so, did they get in?
Hi Dwuane, I'm just curious is that your real name?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
wouldn’t accept me and another guy told me just not to mention the screws and i’ll be fine
Hi Dwuane, no need to call me sir, Joe is fine. You could even use my full name, which is my true name, I prefer it that way as I've got nothing to hide, and I'm not thinking about joining the legion anytime soon. :ROFLMAO: :):) I'm in full swing this morning lads.
I'll try and be a bit more subtle than my learned friend Dusa. It is out of the question that you do not mention the screws as you have just admitted to the whole world, using your real name that you have screws in.
Even if you weren't using your real name the fact that you have given your age and date of birth and place that you are living would be more than enough.

I won't delete any threads. I'd just like to make that clear, because others have taken the time to post on them.

I'd like to point out (to everyone) that you will get a questionnaire to fill in, in your own language, so that there can be no mis-understanding, before going in to see the Doctor. This form will stay in your medical file throughout your legion career.

It is the same with the "Gestapo", once you have told them your 'story', there is no going back on it. No coming clean, so to speak.

Back to your screws, you should look into the possibility of having them taken out. How long before you will be fit for active duty. From there you should add on a couple of months to get into tip top shape. Age is not on your side as you will be competing with eastern block 20 year olds, who have a lot more to gain by getting in then you do.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
BTW Dwayne "The Rock" my boy, Joe is working for French Foreign Legion's secret service ... So you're definitely "screwed". ;)

Last edited:

Most viewed threads of the week