Races and Racism in FFL

unknown

Active Member
#21
BOBW!

I can understand if Europeans find out about the FFL and join through word of mouth, stories passed down through generations etc. But how do far east orientals even get the idea to join, let alone know about the FFL? Where do they get information such as recruitment address etc?

PS, i know there is a website about the FFL in chinois, but this would only have come about in the past few years. Most of these Asian dudes are too poor for net access, let alone to the older Asian dudes who have joined without knowing anything about the FFL.
 
Last edited:

unknown

Active Member
#23
Thanks for the support... I am no stranger to racism because I have faced it many times. Although I don't think its an issue in the FFL anymore. People are much more edcuated and in the face of racism ones best attack is passive. Stick it out and prove you worth by your actions and not your words because you can never judge a book by its cover.

End of story.
 
#24
I'd like to know from current legionnaires if there are any Blacks and Africans in the Legion? Which parts of Africa are African legionnaires mostly from. Do they experience racism? I know there is racism amongst the soldiers flowing about but what about racism from officers and superiors.
 

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
#25
unknown said:
Thanks for the support... I am no stranger to racism because I have faced it many times. Although I don't think its an issue in the FFL anymore. People are much more edcuated and in the face of racism ones best attack is passive. Stick it out and prove you worth by your actions and not your words because you can never judge a book by its cover.

End of story.
It was never an issue in the Legion.
 

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
#26
unknown said:
This is one of the codes of honour on the official FFL website (www.br-legion.com) Don't worry about that racism, maybe there is maybe there isn't. If the white boys are racist then you can be racist back.

The last update on ratios of asians in the FFL was last year some I think. The best answer I can give you is about 7% of the FFL are asian. This means from everywhere in Asia, they just group all the asians in one group. They must think all asian look the same!!!

I have heard that there are many Chinese and Japanese in the FFL. But I have no idea Bangkoki.

Just go and try, stop asking questions.

CAN YOU RUN 3000m in 12min?
WHEN ARE YOU JOINING???
IF THE WHITE BOYS ARE RACEIST:

LET ME TELL YOU THE WORST RACEIST I MET WAS AFRICAN . yes there are one or two get through but they are a small few. racisum is not a white disease its an international one. i think you should think before you start opening your large fecking mouth bub:mad:
 
#27
well said perhaps this would help matters
Article 2: Chaque légionnaire est ton frère d'arme quelle que soit sa nationalité, sa race ou sa religion. Tu lui manifestes toujours la solidarité étroite qui doit unir les membres d'une même famille
sal
 
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
#28
salpphappy1 said:
well said perhaps this would help matters
Article 2: Chaque légionnaire est ton frère d'arme quelle que soit sa nationalité, sa race ou sa religion. Tu lui manifestes toujours la solidarité étroite qui doit unir les membres d'une même famille
sal
There are Racists in all walks of life.The worst one I ever meet and Im a shamed to say this was a fellow englishman. He didnt last very long either in the regiment deserted. Manly for his own safety and health. RACISTS are fecking stupid,if you cant see beneath the skin your never get anywhere,.
 

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
#29
bangkok said:
i can run 3000m in 13min only for now...Can i make it? i think i must train harder before going... I'm thinking of joining in warmer weather...France is having Summer now?
I believe that now you only have to run the Luc-Leger test (beep test) for a minimum of seven levels. I am not sure if the E.V.'s still have to run the Cooper test.
 

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
#30
unknown said:
So why the hell do they get in? This board has stressed the fact that learning French is a definite advantage in selection. It's logical and evident to make life easier in selection and during your contract. If their ability to learn French is not as good as other english/latin/spanish (whatever except Asian) languages, what can they offer the FFL???? Why do they get in?
Knowing the French language is an advantage, but there are many more factors that will determine if you are a good candidate.
 

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
#31
unknown said:
I can understand if Europeans find out about the FFL and join through word of mouth, stories passed down through generations etc. But how do far east orientals even get the idea to join, let alone know about the FFL? Where do they get information such as recruitment address etc?

PS, i know there is a website about the FFL in chinois, but this would only have come about in the past few years. Most of these Asian dudes are too poor for net access, let alone to the older Asian dudes who have joined without knowing anything about the FFL.
That web site is listed in the web ring of the French Foreign Legion. The link is at the bottom of my home page.
 

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
#33
Black-Panther said:
Voltigeur under many more factors dose good education count? thanks.
Once accepted, it will give you a leg up to advance faster to specialty courses and becoming NCO.
I had only a grade 6 education plus one year of trade school when I joined. Mind you, the times were different, but i would think that the recruitment panel will look at things like mental fortitude, past lenght of emploment in any given job (loyalty) adaptability etc. Most people like the recruitment panel, who deal a lot with the variety of people that come to the legion will have a good take on what people are like in the first hour or so.
 
#34
Did some one mention, China? I think so, some one did mention China? That means they are Chinese, right? Of course I know China. And the Chinese, thank you very much. Eat there all the time... rice and things ! Must try the spring rolls when the occasion présents. Nêms, if you prefer. Yum Yum.
Other than that what can i say about China? Well, they dont talk much... but how well they take “orders” is second to none.
 
#35
(...) Must try the spring rolls when the occasion présents. Nêms, if you prefer. Yum Yum. (...)
Nêms and Spring rolls (or is it Summer rolls in English?) are two different things... In particular the former is fried and not the latter... Oh and that's more Vietnamese than Chinese cuisine, although in our countries few make the difference.
 

SnafuSmite

Active Member
#36
In southern Vietnam, these rolls are called gỏi cuốn, meaning salad rolls, while in northern Vietnam, these rolls are called nem cuốn, meaning nem rolls.

From Wikipedia
 

Top