[Question] Recent Legion Acceptance

Hello everyone,

I have been on the forum for about 9 months now, and I have noticed some recent observations on here and elsewhere that hopefuls have made, both ones that got in and ones that have been turned away.

It is not news to me that Americans (and Anglophones in general) have been more rarely accepted, but it seems that in the recent months it’s almost as if NO anglophones are getting in. Many selection stories from recently have pointed out that it was majoritively Russians, Eastern Europeans etc. I read somewhere on reddit of an American telling his selection story and he stated that the entire English mafia was sent home, not a single one got in.

Again, like I said, this is not a new trend, but I am curious to see what you all have to say about the apparent decrease in acceptance from America, GB and other very developed English-speaking countries.

As always, thank you everyone for your help.

-Wade

I spent last night with two Russian blonds. The first one is the girlfriend of a Russian caporal in the Legion. The second was keeping her company while the 1st boy friend is on Opex. Here in Nîmes, home of the 2 REI we have more and more grocery shops opening up, owned by Russians, replacing the traditional Arabs.
I eat regularly in a Russo/Ukranian resto. I have been told by some that Russian speakers more or less 50 pc. French are few, this is why a pre-selection post was created in French Polynesia (Tahiti). Even senior officiers are leaving before the official time limit (62) to go to the 'private'.

SnafuSmite

Optimiste556 made it in in February, and he is an Englishman. He hasn't had an opportunity to post on the board yet. most Anglophones that have made it on the board, opted to ‘go civil’, for whatever reason.

In my time. ..83 -96, the problem was, too many French (devided in catégories)
Ex french military, usally with 8 years sevice, from RPIMA /RIMA or other, mostly lower ranks
Hoods from the hood, waste of space
Or sons of ex Legio
All in all, cry baies. ..wants his week end / mother is visiting / done too much and am tired. ..always yap yap and complaing
We also had many Brits at that time (liars /mytos /alcholics /thieves /junkies) some decent, as in evry catégorie. ...blame the BSLE

I have noticed some recent observations on here and elsewhere that hopefuls have made, both ones that got in and ones that have been turned away.

Again, like I said, this is not a new trend, but I am curious to see what you all have to say about the apparent decrease in acceptance from America, GB and other very developed English-speaking countries.

As always, thank you everyone for your help.

-Wade
Let's make some speculations of why so many people that are "Anglophones" from highly developed countries are being turned away.

We are going to pretend that you are in charge of the selection, the criteria given to you is:
-Healthy and in good shape
-Able to make at least a 5 year contract
-Psychological fit, so they don't run away
-Not a danger to the Legion or the French people

Remember that "making" a Soldier is not free, it cost money.. So if you let someone in and after 9 months they go rogue or ask to go civil. That is lost money for the Legion and the French state, moreover you are going to need someone else to replace that guy, which means more money being lost.... Even if they only give you a toasty with a cup of Tea IT IS MONEY they use...

Now knowing these,

-American dude that earned 6000 US DOLLARS PER MONTH and says that he can get a similar job if he wants (Search for his post)
-American dude that complains about the hygiene of the FFL and got sick (Search for his post)

-Russian dude that used to live in the middle of nowhere and his best salary was 400 euros per month working 6 days per week 12 hours...

-Brazilian dude that until yesterday was living in a Favela

-African dude from a poor country that is used to eat once per day.

Who are you going to select to become part of the FFL???
Who do you think is more prone to go rogue or go civil if they don't like what they see in the FFL???

It is a modern world and the Legion follows the times
Cheap labour and only the needy
The average russian is in better shape than your average, Yanquees, Englisqui or european
Their lives and wages are far higher than what you can pretend for, in your home country. ..emtying trash cans
It's the result of your countries wanting to sell their products .. (Coca Cola, Mac donalds, Coco Chanel, Volks Wagon, Air bus or Boeing. ..etc et etc..)
Nothing says, they,the Ruskies make worst troupes than the previous
Command, will always be Saint Cyr

Saint Cyr is a sect of sons of fathers. ..majority of catholics, right wing, extreme even, and dosent give a shit about your well being. .other than his own.

You, if accepted, are nothing but a number
Sure, rank can be made
Made for them above to look cool

Obéissance is the doctrine
You buy it or avoid it

Last edited:
Command, will always be Saint Cyr

Saint Cyr is a sect of sons of fathers. ..majority of catholics, right wing, exreme even and dosent give a shit about your well being. .other than his own.
Uhm that's pretty much how it is in Argentina
-Far Right : Check
-90% Son of "xx officer"
-Couldn't care less about NCO, Volunteers or even officers on non combat branchs...
-They preach about Jehovah, but they act as Spawns of Lucifer...
It seems that's the same in most part of the West.
The only difference is the name of the "school" and the language they speak.

I was a third rate officer, because my father was an NCO, i was in a non combat branch and italian descent.....

Your government spends it on them selves
Hard truth, they talk about saving money, yet they keep raising their own salaries... They found out that the Sub that was lost last year, had 44 people inside, but there was food only for 34.... Their reply
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "well, we didn't have money for enough food".

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I actually thought my learning of Russian in school would be totally useless so ... who would guess :). If I go it's could be useful. Also in all Slavic Eastern-European countries thay talk something between Russian and Serbian so it's easy to communicate with them as well. haha Kurwa jebana!
Anglos or not problem to spoke with. French will learn liked or not. So only big language group in legion I can't communicate with are the Brazilians.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
I actually thought my learning of Russian in school would be totally useless so ... who would guess :). If I go it's could be useful. Also in all Slavic Eastern-European countries thay talk something between Russian and Serbian so it's easy to communicate with them as well. haha Kurwa jebana!
Anglos or not problem to spoke with. French will learn liked or not. So only big language group in legion I can't communicate with are the Brazilians.
нах мој пријатељ, брзо ћеш узети бразилску

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
I happens to love the sound of the Portuguese/Brazilian language. One of my favourite languages, actually. But, then again, I also think Russian is a lovely language.

Nah, I’m way to old to go back now. Forget it Jonny!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
So what? Now we have to learn french AND russian before we join? :unsure:
Felt, to be quite honest, you can learn any language in the legion, provided there is someone in your section who speaks it. But all orders are given in French. It's true that since the wall came down, there was a HUGE increase in Slavs. At the time all the eastern blocs had to learn Russian as their second language, in their home country.

In Castel there will be a lot of Kurva etc. from the corporals, but once you are in your regiment that should thin out- but not disappear. The only thing I regretted a couple of years after the fall of the wall, was that there was a lot less camaraderie. Before the flood gates opened, those that wanted to join the legion had to get behind the iron curtain.
Then word got out: join the legion, get X times your average monthly wage, be dumb and after 5 years French Nationality.
1528644173118.png

I can't communicate with are the Brazilians.
Fear not Dusa!. PT-BR is not a very hard language to learn, unless they go full speed even if you are novice you can understand them. For most of the part brazilians are quite friendly, unless you talk about football. Also if you go to a Brazilian beach, you will understand the meaning of "juicy a$$".

Here a 5 premade sentence you can say to them and they will laugh and be your friends forever.

"Eu sou um viado" (I want to be your friend)
"você parece lixo" (That uniform fits you like a charm)
"cala a boca, preto filho da puta" (Good sir i don't agree with you)
"Pele estreou com um filho" (Pele is the best player in the world)
" Cachça é bebida de homem pobre"
:ROFLMAO: (Don't use them, unless you want to be linched)

Also porra is their Kurwa.

Most viewed threads of the week