[Question] Recent Legion Acceptance

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Fear not Dusa!. PT-BR is not a very hard language to learn, unless they go full speed even if you are novice you can understand them. For most of the part brazilians are quite friendly, unless you talk about football. Also if you go to a Brazilian beach, you will understand the meaning of "juicy a$$".

Here a 5 premade sentence you can say to them and they will laugh and be your friends forever.

"Eu sou um viado" (I want to be your friend)
"você parece lixo" (That uniform fits you like a charm)
"cala a boca, preto filho da puta" (Good sir i don't agree with you)
"Pele estreou com um filho" (Pele is the best player in the world)
" Cachça é bebida de homem pobre"
:ROFLMAO: (Don't use them, unless you want to be linched)

Also porra is their Kurwa.

Yeah, yeah :). I know something of Portuguese. "Puta" for example. Enough to get suspicious about your 5 sentences "how to become friend with Brazilian"

Yeah, yeah :). I know something of Portuguese. "Puta" for example. Enough to get suspicious about your 5 sentences "how to become friend with Brazilian"
A good way to break the language barreir.

-Cachaça velho barreiro (Brazilian made, Good quality and cheap enough in Europe)
-Lime,
-Black sugar
-Ice
Mix it in a Juice Jar and you will see how the languages is not that important anymore.

Last edited:
GSP,

British officers are commissioned on merit. That is an absolute fact with the RMs' and Paras. It does not matter what Daddy does or did. It is so with the majority of regiments with the great exception of the Household Division, Foot Guards and Cavalry where families still hold influence and sway as do the Greenjackets. I know of Colonel's sons in the RMs' serving in the ranks and other officers of field rank who have their sons in a similar position. Background and class are of little consequence. It is the ability to get the job done which counts.

GSP,

British officers are commissioned on merit. That is an absolute fact with the RMs' and Paras. It does not matter what Daddy does or did. It is so with the majority of regiments with the great exception of the Household Division, Foot Guards and Cavalry where families still hold influence and sway as do the Greenjackets. I know of Colonel's sons in the RMs' serving in the ranks and other officers of field rank who have their sons in a similar position. Background and class are of little consequence. It is the ability to get the job done which counts.
That's interesting Chas, i guess that it is another difference between Anglo-Saxons and Latins. It should be that way, it should based on merti alone and not in you are the son of.
The same day that i graduate from the high school, i took a bus and went straight to the National Military School (CMN in Argentina). In the main gate a sargent asked me what i wanted, told him to join. He took my information and gave me a little book with all the information i need to bring and the requirements to join. In one of the page there was a list for signature of your godfathers.. I asked the sargent, why the Army need my godfather signature, he laughed and told me that godfather was someone in Army, an officer actually.. that would endorse me. It was not needed but it would boost my chances...

I got the signature from some friend of my family both high rank officers in the army, the day i went to security interview, the officer that was going to ask me the question, saw the people that was endorsing me and said "Ah, you know him??? we are good friends no need for this interview!"

A funny history, in my first year i was assigned to what they call the Company C, aka Cariño (Sweetie), because it was the company that they assigned, females, son of xx and those that had the highest scores on the intelligence test. So they were a bit "soft". One day during a field exercises, the son of a cavalry General, wanted to have sex... so he did crawl to one of the tents with females and f**ked one lady that was in love with him..... The lady was a bit noisy and they were found....
She was kicked out of the Army as a whore
He was given one day of arrest on a Wednesday, so he didn't even lose his day out...

Because of thing like these Latin countries are big mess while Anglo-Saxons enjoy a better quality of life

Gentlemen,

I was quoting the situation as it is today. It is a personal assessment supported by my son who works with the Brit MoD.
In my day it was vastly different. The great majority came from public (private) schools. They believed that they were heaven born and hence superior beings.
I was a ranker for two and one half years and was sometimes met with suspicion. In fact it was a considerable advantage since I had witnessed he other side of the coin.
Thank God the situation has changed infinitely for the better.

Let's make some speculations of why so many people that are "Anglophones" from highly developed countries are being turned away.

We are going to pretend that you are in charge of the selection, the criteria given to you is:
-Healthy and in good shape
-Able to make at least a 5 year contract
-Psychological fit, so they don't run away
-Not a danger to the Legion or the French people

Remember that "making" a Soldier is not free, it cost money.. So if you let someone in and after 9 months they go rogue or ask to go civil. That is lost money for the Legion and the French state, moreover you are going to need someone else to replace that guy, which means more money being lost.... Even if they only give you a toasty with a cup of Tea IT IS MONEY they use...

Now knowing these,

-American dude that earned 6000 US DOLLARS PER MONTH and says that he can get a similar job if he wants (Search for his post)
-American dude that complains about the hygiene of the FFL and got sick (Search for his post)

-Russian dude that used to live in the middle of nowhere and his best salary was 400 euros per month working 6 days per week 12 hours...

-Brazilian dude that until yesterday was living in a Favela

-African dude from a poor country that is used to eat once per day.

Who are you going to select to become part of the FFL???
Who do you think is more prone to go rogue or go civil if they don't like what they see in the FFL???
So unless you prove you don't taste a spoon of food into your mouth three days per days you don0t get in

That's interesting Chas, i guess that it is another difference between Anglo-Saxons and Latins. It should be that way, it should based on merti alone and not in you are the son of.
The same day that i graduate from the high school, i took a bus and went straight to the National Military School (CMN in Argentina). In the main gate a sargent asked me what i wanted, told him to join. He took my information and gave me a little book with all the information i need to bring and the requirements to join. In one of the page there was a list for signature of your godfathers.. I asked the sargent, why the Army need my godfather signature, he laughed and told me that godfather was someone in Army, an officer actually.. that would endorse me. It was not needed but it would boost my chances...

I got the signature from some friend of my family both high rank officers in the army, the day i went to security interview, the officer that was going to ask me the question, saw the people that was endorsing me and said "Ah, you know him??? we are good friends no need for this interview!"

A funny history, in my first year i was assigned to what they call the Company C, aka Cariño (Sweetie), because it was the company that they assigned, females, son of xx and those that had the highest scores on the intelligence test. So they were a bit "soft". One day during a field exercises, the son of a cavalry General, wanted to have sex... so he did crawl to one of the tents with females and f**ked one lady that was in love with him..... The lady was a bit noisy and they were found....
She was kicked out of the Army as a whore
He was given one day of arrest on a Wednesday, so he didn't even lose his day out...

Because of thing like these Latin countries are big mess while Anglo-Saxons enjoy a better quality of life]
Did you were a logistical or intelligence officer?
What a kind of depotism I have read according to your experience. Here is almost the same, at least they give some oportunites to people that comes from a non military background, but in case of trouble you should pray to your favorite saint because they will fuck you up.

About that sexual case, one professor of mine told to my class that he once saw a cadet officer and a female cadet having sex in a classroom; hopeful to them our professor was a "mother" retired intelligence Major and he told nothing, just to give advice to them to do so on their permissions.

About a related case, I was making my first military excercise and during that a fellow female cadet just asked the retirement and it lasts from 2-3 weeks to be effective. She was walking along a male cadet in romantic plan and they were so unlucky to find nothing less that our then General Director and he asked them to stop, insetad of following the orders they began to run and bad luck for them our General was in good shape and reached the female, telling her name and the name of the male cadet that was with her. The next day the female was directly expelled and the male cadet had a serious investigation that put him last on his promotion.