a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hey guys my name is William from Australia and I want to join the legionnaires, I’ve already started training fitness and have gotten myself to a good level based on what I’ve read and the videos I’ve watched.
The division I would like to be in is the sniper regime but I understand you can’t pick your regime and accept that but before signing up is there any books to read or any training that would make me more appealing to be put into the sniper regime? What do they look for when deciding which regime you will be in? My level of French is at a pretty good level aswell.
Thanks

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi William and welcome to the forum. I would concentrate more on getting in. That being said, becoming a sniper all depends on your shooting and enthusiasm. There is one sniper per group of ten men. Of course nothing to stop you doing the course even if the slot is taken in your group. One advantage of the military, the legion in particular is that you can have multifonctions.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I bet if they made commercials like this, they'd have to beat the aspirants off the door with a club

Pure Badass
Obviously they have some trouble with requirement in recent times. And by making commercials like this I think they only making matters worse. And they have more than one miss with that merde propaganda

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I bet if they made commercials like this, they'd have to beat the aspirants off the door with a club

Pure Badass
But really, fly up an secure a ladder, NO WAY! Ballast the ship, open the Well Deck back hatch and just zoom into the Ship's Well Deck.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
But Dusaboss, it's Kool
Yeah man, it's cool definitely. :) But it's such far cry from reality that it hurts. I'm really trying to think of real life situation in which this would work. Only thing which coming to my mind is abandoned ship. And why would army board abended ship? Maybe if that's is their ship and everyone aboard get so drunk and world over deck. :)
I mean it's OK to lie recruits lil bit but this is really too. Much how many of them (if any) will learn to ride jet suit?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It will have it's advantages later on as this is only the next stage up from a prototype. I saw it on the French news, it compared it with the the French equivalent of a flying hoverboard. The one that crossed the English channel and took part in the 14th of July bastille day parade.
The French news showed it (the RM one) used in other roles than military, there was a clip showing a sécuriste reaching someone stranded on isolated mountain ledge.
But getting back to the boat side, I remember reading about an SAS guy having to rappel down a rope to diffuse a bomb in an ocean going liner. In the end it turned out to be a hoax.
For the moment, the disadvantage is that both hands are occupied while the guy is flying through the air. The French showed the RMs landing on a vessel at 3 different points. Perhaps it would be more impressive than abseiling down a rope from a whirly bird to take over an Iranian cargo ship?

Most viewed threads of the week