a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remembering Ronnie Pereversoff

Runner1957

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Rembering ex-Legionnaire Ronnie Pereversoff today on what would have been his 58th birthday.
RIP Ronnie - forever 37.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Was he the Canadian legionnaire who was KIA in former Yugoslavia, fighting as a volunteer in the Croatian army? If you can give a brief bio of him that would be a fine tribute.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
I found this article. (...) "One of these older legionnaires was called Ron Pereveresoff. He was Canadian originally and had fought in the Rhodesian Bush War with the Rhodesian Light Infantry then he had done five years in the REP. After that he had joined the Isreali army. I met him as he had rejoined the REP."(...)

(...) "Years later I heard how Ron Pereversoff died whilst fighting against the Serbs for the Kosovars. He was a Lieutenant commanding a company. They were joined by a bunch of "mujahedin" volunteers who were immediately disgusted to find a Jew fighting on their side. One night they shot him in the head while he was sleeping." (...)

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I found this article. (...) "One of these older legionnaires was called Ron Pereveresoff. He was Canadian originally and had fought in the Rhodesian Bush War with the Rhodesian Light Infantry then he had done five years in the REP. After that he had joined the Isreali army. I met him as he had rejoined the REP."(...)

(...) "Years later I heard how Ron Pereversoff died whilst fighting against the Serbs for the Kosovars. He was a Lieutenant commanding a company. They were joined by a bunch of "mujahedin" volunteers who were immediately disgusted to find a Jew fighting on their side. One night they shot him in the head while he was sleeping." (...)
Knew a couple of lads like that when I was in the REP. Both deserted (tired of the bullshit!), they didn't take discipline well! But I would of had any one of them in my équipe and not a worry! This lad I heard of later from the reptile network. Thinking it might be him.

Runner1957

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hi Rapace. Yes that is the Ronnie I knew. He was from British Colombia in Canada. I met him in 1984 when he was in 2e REP and came on leave to Amsterdam (where I was living at the time). He was indeed in Rhodesia in thr 1970s. I have no knowledge of him ever being in the Israeli Army though. He never mentioned it to me. He died in Bosnia in 1995.

Runner1957

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hi Don Pedro, I too saw that article - there were quite a few mistakes in it though I think. Ronnie was a great guy. Hard to forget.

Runner1957

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hi Mark I too saw that article. Lots of inaccuracies though. Ronnie didn't fight for the Kosovars - as far as I know. He was in the (Croatian) HVO who fought in Croatia and some of them later in Bosnia. My understanding of how he died does not match what was in that article. He was indeed shot but he died on the way to hospital or that is what I was told by a very good friend of his.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Mark I too saw that article. Lots of inaccuracies though. Ronnie didn't fight for the Kosovars - as far as I know. He was in the (Croatian) HVO who fought in Croatia and some of them later in Bosnia. My understanding of how he died does not match what was in that article. He was indeed shot but he died on the way to hospital or that is what I was told by a very good friend of his.

There were a lot like him. Got pissed off with the legion and went elsewhere. None the less he was a good lad. So let him rest in peace.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Hvala ti, počivao u miru. (RIP)