a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder for members of this forum

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Rules of this forum you agreed to :
Pay attention in particular to number 11 and 9. some of you go overboard with vulgarity.

1. Don't spam/abuse any other member via posts, e-mails or PM (Private Messages).

2. Please respect the other members' opinions and points of view, even if there are different of yours; we cannot stress this enough: we encourage discussion and debate on this Forum, but personal attacks on others are not acceptable. An opposing opinion on a sensitive subject is not an attack, but ridiculing or insulting someone for sharing a different point of view is.

3. This place is private, we have no relations with french army, government or any french authorities.

4. We want to share information, we promote or sell nothing, and (is it useful to remind it to you?) you choose your own life. Don't ask us more than information, we do not take the responsibility of your choices and life.

5. When you register you must read the rules; we support freedom of speech, but remember than all inappropriate contents will be cancelled or deleted (1).

6. Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

7. We respect your privacy.

8. Although the administrators and moderators of cervens.net will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of cervens.net, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of this BBS) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

9. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws (1).

10. The owners of cervens.net reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

11. The administrator and the moderators are always right ;) .

12. Enjoy your stay!

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks Joe

As it says in Forum Rules

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I have been posting on this site for some time, but never been recognised as a legionnaire. I joined the legion in 1957 and I am disgusted by the way you pretend to be a legionnaire forum site, but does not accept real legionnaires.

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I have been posting on this site for some time, but never been recognised as a legionnaire. I joined the legion in 1957 and I am disgusted by the way you pretend to be a legionnaire forum site, but does not accept real legionnaires.

Valid point jonny, I agree. And sorry volt for talking dirty in some posts.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
What are you on about Jonny? Is your problem that the moderators are slow in making the switch in your status? Calme-toi, Albert..... Volt will take care of it. No reason to rip the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Jonny, You have to change the designation your self in your profile section. I tried to do it, but i do not have the authorisation. If you can not change your status, write an pm to the "boss' (the owner of this site).

boss

Admin
Reaction score
Home Country
France
ok it's done

Joe is right

this possibility is not available ....
- because of the software (actually)
- and because some stupid guys would use this possibility to try to fool other members

so actually, it's upon request
sorry for this (minor) annoying trick, but I'm sure you can understand..

in 2010 this will (maybe) change ...
;)

Greum

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Pay attention in particular to number 11 and 9. some of you go overboard with vulgarity.

1. Don't spam/abuse any other member via posts, e-mails or PM (Private Messages).

2. Please respect the other members' opinions and points of view, even if there are different of yours; we cannot stress this enough: we encourage discussion and debate on this Forum, but personal attacks on others are not acceptable. An opposing opinion on a sensitive subject is not an attack, but ridiculing or insulting someone for sharing a different point of view is.

3. This place is private, we have no relations with french army, government or any french authorities.

4. We want to share information, we promote or sell nothing, and (is it useful to remind it to you?) you choose your own life. Don't ask us more than information, we do not take the responsibility of your choices and life.

5. When you register you must read the rules; we support freedom of speech, but remember than all inappropriate contents will be cancelled or deleted (1).

6. Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

8. Although the administrators and moderators of cervens.net will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of cervens.net, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of this BBS) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

9. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws (1).

10. The owners of cervens.net reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

12. Enjoy your stay!

I just thought that this needed to be bumped up, I hate bolloxology, we are all different and if we were all the same it would be a very boring forum, if you want to get technical when we feel that our thoughts need to be protected from others the fight or flight response kicks in, in just the same way as when you are in an actual fight, when this happens the limbic system takes over and knocks out most of our working memory, physically causing narrow mindedness. This can be seen in the politics of fear during a poker game, or simply when some one is being stubborn in a discussion.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

12. Enjoy your stay!
A reminder to all those who seem to have forgotten the rules! Please take the time to go over them.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For those who want to join and say that they are ex-legionnaires, you WILL be asked for proof.
We've received this from Uros Susa who has on his face book page ;

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Funnily enough, I have just been watching a documentary on You Yube about area 51. Not to be mixed up with the area where they've got the aliens. No this is the area where they developed the U2 supersonic spy plane. They CIA has just released data about the area.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Funnily enough, I have just been watching a documentary on You Yube about area 51. Not to be mixed up with the area where they've got the aliens. No this is the area where they developed the U2 supersonic spy plane. They CIA has just released data about the area.

It's the same "Area 51" / Honey Airpot. They had done a lot of testing on former top secret planes and they have released quite a lot of info due the "Freedom of Information Act "