a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder for members of this forum

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
what i would like to hear is some stories about the Tanks. VOLT i want your stories the Tanks
you are a quite man on the forums but i think a great man. The REC

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
what i would like to hear is some stories about the Tanks. VOLT i want your stories the Tanks
you are a quite man on the forums but i think a great man. The REC
I can't tell you much about the EBR's the 1er REC had at that time because I was for the first three years part of a "tank infantry" platoon.
After that I got my drivers license for light and heavy vehicles.
Shortly after that I became the chauffeur for a captain. (that was like a permanent holiday for me).
However, in my opinion, those reconnaissance tanks were probably still better than the new ones.
If I recall correctly,they had a top speed of 65 mile/hour and could be piloted from the front or back.
75 mm cannon and four 7.5 mm machine guns fed by a round magazine.
I don't remember how many shot they held, I think it was 150.
Only one time did I ride in the rear cockpit eating dust.:)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I can't tell you much about the EBR's the 1er REC had at that time because I was for the first three years part of a "tank infantry" platoon.
After that I got my drivers license for light and heavy vehicles.
Shortly after that I became the chauffeur for a captain. (that was like a permanent holiday for me).
However, in my opinion, those reconnaissance tanks were probably still better than the new ones.
If I recall correctly,they had a top speed of 65 mile/hour and could be piloted from the front or back.
75 mm cannon and four 7.5 mm machine guns fed by a round magazine.
I don't remember how many shot they held, I think it was 150.
Only one time did I ride in the rear cockpit eating dust.:)
Love you šŸ˜†