Royal Marines 340 years of age today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Lovelace

Unregistered
Reaction score
Best answers
The Birth of the Corps 28 October 1664. The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot.

Also known as 'The Lord High Admiral's Regiment'. The most feared amphibious infantry in the world.

Lightly equipped, highly trained, fast silent and deadly...Commandos.

ojkc

Reaction score
Best answers
I was thinking about joining the Royal Marines but have been told it is the toughest infantry training in the world, second to none .
That's why i'am gonna go and join the Legion, my mates brother was in the REP and said that although it was dead easy compared to the Marines you can still get a green beret and people think they are elite .
The Marines training is way to long for me and i don't think I could ever make the grade, but am willing to give the REP a good go . :eek:

john

Reaction score
Best answers
The marines training is way to long for me and i dont think I could ever make the grade , but am willing to give the REP a good go
Give your bloody head a shake, you are very misinformed. the RMs are a world class unit, as far as Marines go they are top notch, but if you think the REP is an easy go you really need to think. Start thinking before you type.

ojkc

Reaction score
Best answers
Well i didn't mean dead easy, just easier !! :) It cant be that hard , thousands of others have passed allready . :) . I just think the marines are the best soldiers in the world , not counting special forces

slimness

Reaction score
Best answers
Have i missed something? I read the post, and to be honest i didn't find anything in it that, in my personnal opinion was offensive to this board or the Legion, i think people need to calm down and relax. I found the post interesting, or is it now our words are going to be controlled to a point every Ancien and board member are going to leave the forum. Eagle Eye, what's your problem?? We've always had information concerning other militiary units, like tv if you find the program offensive then don't watch it. What's happened to freedom of speach??? And also Eagle eye, since when did you become the moderator or censor for the board, i understand that some posts are offensive, but i for one didn't find Charles post offensive, also i choose what i read and you for one will not control that.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macao
eagle eye whats your problem??
The problem is that it isn't the first time. I had already asked Lovelace to be a little mindful on this board and then we get his post. He spoilt the 340th RM anniversary on this board. No problem with it but they're ways of putting it across on this board. I reckon this is a beginning.

slimness

Reaction score
Best answers
Eagle eye said:
The problem is that it isn't the first time. I had already asked Lovelace to be a little mindful on this board and then we get his post. He spoilt the 340th RM anniversary on this board. No problem with it but they're ways of putting it across on this board. I reckon this is a beginning.
Okay Eagle eye, i understand your point, some posts are good but could of been put a different way, so they don't seem offensive or superior. As everybody knows i respect all people who have served in forces throughout the world, and in my eyes they deserve respect, i respect all members on the board be it wanabee or Ancien. I don't use pm or email to tell them off if they are showing disrespect to the board, if im in the wrong i will always be the first to apologise. Eagle sorry if i misread your post, Charles, i respect you as you know, but could you next time put your post in a way that won't offend people, and Charles i hope you keep posting as i would say the same to a Ancien off any army throughout the world, except terrorists who are the scum of the earth.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macao
Lovelace wrote interesting posts including one on a potential RM and FFL link-up which was very interesting. No problem. But we're in a FFL forum and a measure of mindfulness is obvious. It ain't even censorship.

Although I moved on to different horizons and challenges after the FFL, I retain a measure of thankfulness to it.

Last edited:

Beau-Sheep

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Heheheh Bootnecks!!! They only take em if they was born real ugly! The first months training is driving a rover into a wall using a brick steering wheel, intended to ugly em up some more.

The only Corps in the world where they throw seasickness into the contract, and boy do these boys stink of fish... :) Smell like a bangkok brothels washing basket during a hot period... And they are greedy shites to, they never share the enemy, let a bootneck in there and he just butchers the lot and squeeks out a feeble and effeminate "who went there?" Bunch of loosers! I mean at least we share our booboos!

Give em all a paddle says I
Cast em adrift in the south Pacific
Tell em its a survival exercise
No more anniverseries!!!

:)

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macao
Anyway, Happy 340th Birthday to the Royal Marines. No problem.
Beau Sheep, stop eating too many nails for breakfast !!.. :p

Last edited:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
That is why we have this part of the forum, to post other military information that people "might be" interested in. In my view, if I do not like a post, I won't dwell on it unless it is vulgar, racist, calling down on various religions and other armies or starting a mudslinging session.

ojkc

Reaction score
Best answers
What exactly is a bootneck ? do they have bootnecks in the Legion ? :) :) :) :)

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
"Prenez garde" means beware or mind (prenez garde à la marche can be translated mind the step, prenez garde au chien, beware the dog...).

That was your first "Frog language" lesson my lill' OJKC.

P.S : and by the way, I don't mind being called "Frog" by people I know and whom I respect. That's not your case so far... So please watch you mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.