a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running advice needed

vegas

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
any sign of shin splints or stress fractures, (which could have been avoided) stop running for like a week or so to let it heal.

Beginning runners should build the mileage up gradually week by week. After the second or third week take a whole week off. Then continue and build up your mileage weekly. After 18th or so week you should be running around six miles per day or so and about thirty miles a week (with a pack). After this stick at six miles a day and start lowering your run times.

steve

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
you mentioned tabbing,watch how you pack your weight.you dont want all the weight at the base of your back,you will cripple your self.try and spread the weight evenly.i use the large coke like bottles(plastic) filled with water.they mould into the shape of your back and give you equal preasure and the weight is spread well.try differant methods of packing until you work out whats good for you.dont kick the arse out of the distance,its a little bit differant running with weight.on top of that if you have any problems with knees or shin spints take it easy as it is hard impct and hard on the knees.try bandageing or taping your knees to give them support.good luck man..

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
steve said:
you mentioned tabbing,watch how you pack your weight.you dont want all the weight at the base of your back,you will cripple your self.try and spread the weight evenly.i use the large coke like bottles(plastic) filled with water.they mould into the shape of your back and give you equal preasure and the weight is spread well.try differant methods of packing until you work out whats good for you.dont kick the arse out of the distance,its a little bit differant running with weight.on top of that if you have any problems with knees or shin spints take it easy as it is hard impct and hard on the knees.try bandageing or taping your knees to give them support.good luck man..
...You wouldn't have too much trouble in tabbing with your 8 years Brit Army experience...your challenge will be more to do with the military cultural/mayhem and linguistic expression than physical effort....so think carefully....

.....Learn your ferking French if you're going to....

steve

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
if you had read the earlier posts from buhddie (he asked about tabbing-post17?)you will realize what im 'carefully' thinking about.he asked about tabbing and this is me getting back to him.so maybe you should read 'carefully' what you are jumping in on.as for the french im on a course which is going ok so far.ive read a lot and taken a lot of pointers from guys like your self which is most appreciated.im going into this with my eyes open and looking to get all the advice i can get...so all the advice/critisism is noted.i have mentioned to a few guys here how did they get info on the legion(70-80)?i had basic knowledge about the British Army when i joined and knew nothing about any of the regiments and find this site a life line to a new life and new oppertunities for me.so mr eagle i tip my hat to you sir...thanks again..steve..

Last edited:

The Dude

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
steve said:
i have mentioned to a few guys here how did they get info on the legion(70-80)?QUOTE]...I don't read long threads like I did in the past and comment on punctual posts moreso nowadays....I went in blind with no expectations and therefore I was never disappointed: I came across the very best and the very worst: from the salt of the earth to the scum of the earth over five years: any difficult situation and personality didn't last an eternity unless I was deemed to keep an early appoitment with my maker such as in Beirut....

steve

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
i just find it amazing thats guys took a leap of faith into the dark during those time(70-80)we are blessed now with information at the drop of a hat and i appreciate all the guys here who are sharing your knowledge and exsperience.i was kind of blind going in to the brit army and thats why im doing all the research i can (and probably nipping afew heads in which i can say sorry now haha)...mr dude...thanks again..steve..