Running Songs

As a current goingtobe I find myself doing planting on running what are everybodys favorite songs to run to? I love running on empty, I ran (so far away) and the rocky theme is a classic.

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
I don't like to run and listen to music I prefer silence, I tried it when I was starting out and I was listening to Manowar, Ensiferum and other heavy metal groups ... If you need adrenalin from songs to get strength or motivation to run your are doing something wrong its far better to listen to an audiobook and learn something if you can concentrate on listening and running at the same time.

Perhaps cadences of Marines, Rangers and Navy seals would be good to try or perhaps Legion songs ?

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
On my French Foreign Legion CD, I didn't hear anything that would pass for a running song. Great music but marching music isn't running music.

I understand music is a disctraction but for me at least it takes my mind of the running its almost like meditating plus I also get bored so music helps. To me running without music is like eating freedom fries without ketchup

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
running songs yep got one for ya foxtrot oscar.
now where was i
mama and papa were laying in bed.
mama rolled over this is what she said.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Loved running, 'long distances', i were listening for sounds and looking for things that didn't 'belong' to the normal... or was it just curiousity?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I do my run every Sunday, I'm glad there is no-one around to see me, nothing like what I used to do, c'est la vie. I go to the gym 5 times a week and train with light weights but I miss being able to galop around like a colt horse.

Anyway, it's locomotion and Mika early songs in the Gym on the cross country skis.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I do my run every Sunday, I'm glad there is no-one around to see me, nothing like what I used to do, c'est la vie. I go to the gym 5 times a week and train with light weights but I miss being able to galop around like a colt horse.

Anyway, it's locomotion and Mika early songs in the Gym on the cross country skis.
Try and keep fit even at my age, no so much running these days more long walks with a day
sack containing a lunch box and plenty of water. Trouble is when the veterans rugby side is playing still strap the boots on, normally wake up on Wednesday.

I don't like to run and listen to music I prefer silence, I tried it when I was starting out and I was listening to Manowar, Ensiferum and other heavy metal groups ... If you need adrenalin from songs to get strength or motivation to run your are doing something wrong its far better to listen to an audiobook and learn something if you can concentrate on listening and running at the same time.

Perhaps cadences of Marines, Rangers and Navy seals would be good to try or perhaps Legion songs ?
I can see truth in running in silence and motivating yourself, however I do sometimes listen to Legion songs while running. I agree on the audiobooks. Even when traveling or commuting, I listen to audiobooks or podcasts and learn something. Very useful.

Most viewed threads of the week