a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Songs

Maxinator

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
As a current goingtobe I find myself doing planting on running what are everybodys favorite songs to run to? I love running on empty, I ran (so far away) and the rocky theme is a classic.

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
I don't like to run and listen to music I prefer silence, I tried it when I was starting out and I was listening to Manowar, Ensiferum and other heavy metal groups ... If you need adrenalin from songs to get strength or motivation to run your are doing something wrong its far better to listen to an audiobook and learn something if you can concentrate on listening and running at the same time.

Perhaps cadences of Marines, Rangers and Navy seals would be good to try or perhaps Legion songs ?

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The sound of your breathing and your heart pounding. Running/workout music is a distraction.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
On my French Foreign Legion CD, I didn't hear anything that would pass for a running song. Great music but marching music isn't running music.

Maxinator

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I understand music is a disctraction but for me at least it takes my mind of the running its almost like meditating plus I also get bored so music helps. To me running without music is like eating freedom fries without ketchup

A

ahun1743

Unregistered
This thread needs to be shutdown. The OP is a troll.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ban OP and shut down his ******* threads. While we're at it, let's ban Weesafromage or whatever his name is...

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
running songs yep got one for ya foxtrot oscar.
now where was i
mama and papa were laying in bed.
mama rolled over this is what she said.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Loved running, 'long distances', i were listening for sounds and looking for things that didn't 'belong' to the normal... or was it just curiousity?

No military training , I still do it now sans running

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I do my run every Sunday, I'm glad there is no-one around to see me, nothing like what I used to do, c'est la vie. I go to the gym 5 times a week and train with light weights but I miss being able to galop around like a colt horse.

Anyway, it's locomotion and Mika early songs in the Gym on the cross country skis.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I do my run every Sunday, I'm glad there is no-one around to see me, nothing like what I used to do, c'est la vie. I go to the gym 5 times a week and train with light weights but I miss being able to galop around like a colt horse.

Anyway, it's locomotion and Mika early songs in the Gym on the cross country skis.

Try and keep fit even at my age, no so much running these days more long walks with a day
sack containing a lunch box and plenty of water. Trouble is when the veterans rugby side is playing still strap the boots on, normally wake up on Wednesday.

AVGROM

Reaction score
Home Country
Russian Federation
I don't like to run and listen to music I prefer silence, I tried it when I was starting out and I was listening to Manowar, Ensiferum and other heavy metal groups ... If you need adrenalin from songs to get strength or motivation to run your are doing something wrong its far better to listen to an audiobook and learn something if you can concentrate on listening and running at the same time.

Perhaps cadences of Marines, Rangers and Navy seals would be good to try or perhaps Legion songs ?

I can see truth in running in silence and motivating yourself, however I do sometimes listen to Legion songs while running. I agree on the audiobooks. Even when traveling or commuting, I listen to audiobooks or podcasts and learn something. Very useful.