a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Hero

boss

Admin
Reaction score
Home Country
France
Thousands paid their last respects to Major Roman Filipov, the Russian airman who was downed in Syria and gave his life fighting terrorists on the ground. The hero Su-25 pilot was laid to rest in his hometown of Voronezh.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thanks for sharing this Boss.

I'm following that event from a start. Man really died like a hero and deserve to be mentioned here. Usually this place is reserved for commemorations of only NATO soldiers. With the Legion's structure of men it shouldn't be that way. I'm glad that someone shared this. Especially when comes from a highest level. Hope that some of members can get over cold war BS at least for a short period of time.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Anybody knows how the Russkyis managed to recover the body (or what was left of it) ?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Anybody knows how the Russkyis managed to recover the body (or what was left of it) ?

Apparently the Russians worked with the Turks and recovered the body as well as the wreckage of the plane. No info on how exactly though.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm pretty sure that you can buy anything from those rebels.