Sarkozy's father naturalised by serving in the Legion ?

libertypo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Italy
Use the search. It was already discussed....

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Pal Sarkozy (Nicolas' father) tried to enlist in the Legion after leaving Hungary but was denied entry, from what I've read for medical reasons. So i doubt this is the reason why he was naturalised.
However, this should be taken with a pinch of salt... The current French President's father is kind of a 'shadowy' character and little is known for sure about his life.
He abandonned his family when little Nicolas was still a young boy and has pursued all sorts of occupations throughout his life.

C

CB123

Unregistered
I do not think so
Can't the Legion claim him anyway?

If Sarkozy wanted it, it wouldn't be a problem right?
Just to score some brownie points with the man in charge of the budget.

I mean no disrespect it is just that I am under the impression that the Legion is a very pragmatic institution.

libertypo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Italy
Not even Sarko' would dare to pull such a stunt. Besides the French generals would be pretty displeased to such an eventuality

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macao
Can't the Legion claim him anyway?

If Sarkozy wanted it, it wouldn't be a problem right?
Just to score some brownie points with the man in charge of the budget.

I mean no disrespect it is just that I am under the impression that the Legion is a very pragmatic institution.
...pragmatic ?? it would be accused of caving in to nepotism of the presidential kind....dead soldiers in cold graves six feet under would turn in them in disdain and with a audible resounding groan in the still of the night of eery graveyards....