a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons greetings

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Some photos of where we spent our Christmas eve and then Christmas day. It's got to be said that although Thailand isn't Christian they certainly like to put on a show.
IMG_20181225_214033_371.jpg-- IMG_20181225_214334_106.jpg --IMG_20181225_221214_314.jpg--IMG_20181226_161119_264.jpg--IMG_20181224_160619.jpg
IMG_20181226_121722 (1).jpg--IMG_20181226_161856_380.jpg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Why do we celebrate New Year on 1 January?

Now, with this bit of info you can be tonight's life and soul of the party!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You too Joe.... Actually feel not too bad today:p

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Some photos of where we spent our Christmas eve and then Christmas day. It's got to be said that although Thailand isn't Christian they certainly like to put on a show.
View attachment 4339-- View attachment 4340 --View attachment 4341--View attachment 4342--View attachment 4343
View attachment 4345--View attachment 4346

Joe you look like 35 yr old with that shades. Also that cake looks awesome. Do Santa coming down to Thai? He can't use sledges there. :)

Happy new year to all active forum members!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Happy New year (Chinese) Lunar year of the Pig. This is Thailand's second of three New year's.
A bit of a bummer for the Muslim population which consider the Pig "Pork is not dirty but rather regarded as impure, unhealthy and harmful for humans due to the fats, toxins and bacteria it contains and the way the pig spends its life rolling around in mud and its own excrement. The specific aspect that pork is unhealthy has even been proven by scientists, such as Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg, who argued that western populations who eat pork carry more diseases than other populations who do not eat pork."

We're going to the next big town, Hua Hin, for the night. Staying at a hotel near the shopping Mall. Most of the fire crackers have been set off yesterday, so that it should be quiet. The firecrackers are used to scare off evil spirits with their noise so that they can celebrate in peace.
So I'll be off the air until tomorrow afternoon🤕😭
I know, I know... but I'll be back 🤠

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Happy New year (Chinese) Lunar year of the Pig. This is Thailand's second of three New year's.
A bit of a bummer for the Muslim population which consider the Pig "Pork is not dirty but rather regarded as impure, unhealthy and harmful for humans due to the fats, toxins and bacteria it contains and the way the pig spends its life rolling around in mud and its own excrement. The specific aspect that pork is unhealthy has even been proven by scientists, such as Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg, who argued that western populations who eat pork carry more diseases than other populations who do not eat pork."

We're going to the next big town, Hua Hin, for the night. Staying at a hotel near the shopping Mall. Most of the fire crackers have been set off yesterday, so that it should be quiet. The firecrackers are used to scare off evil spirits with their noise so that they can celebrate in peace.
So I'll be off the air until tomorrow afternoon🤕😭
I know, I know... but I'll be back 🤠
Well I love my bacon butty with red Sauce not Brown...so nothing against the piggy. :D