a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second chance?

Reaction score
Home Country
Mexico
Is there a possibility to be given a second chance after a inapte définitif?!??

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi aredez90, why do you think that you are different to everybody else? Instead of introducing yourself, you come straight out with a question.
Not a good start :unsure: :whistle:.

Reaction score
Home Country
Mexico
I’m not different from anyone else. And from what I have seen many guys just ask a question. And it isn’t until they are answered that they introduce themselves, and the situation they want to ask about.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I’m not different from anyone else. And from what I have seen many guys just ask a question. And it isn’t until they are answered that they introduce themselves, and the situation they want to ask about.
Well good luck in getting an answer.
Joe: Introduce yourself first.
Mexican guy: No! First you answer my question then I will introduce myself.
:):)
This guy has got an attitude:cautious::rolleyes:

I'm only joking of course, aredez90, why don't we start all over again, try introducing yourself, perhaps give us a bit of background to your question and we'll take it from there.
What says you Dusa ? :whistle:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
@ Arendez ( grab every chance life offers)
I do not know you and you neither I
You haven't introduced your self and that's a sin on the forum
You pretend that you made the walk and chapped the big door
You received an inapt defo... what ever the reasons
At least, if true, you made the attempt
If so, the forum saluts you
Avé
L.P.C.
Post Schitum
No lies or even exaggerations, in my book, OKAY
We are here to help the wanting and it can not be any other way

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Is there a possibility to be given a second chance after a inapte définitif?!??
It depends why you were given the inapte definitif. Your only recourse is to write to the general directly. You can write to him in English.
You must give the maximum info that you have such as your date of enlistment (when you signed your pre-contract) Your real name and your legion name. If you were given a matricule, (serial number) and your reason for leaving.
The address is the following:

Monsieur le général commandant la Légion étrangère
COMMANDEMENT DE LA LEGION ETRANGERE
Quartier Viénot - B.P. 21 355
13 784 AUBAGNE CEDEX

Writing to the general is a formality, he won't even see it. You should send the letter by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt.

I hope that my making an exception to the rule will not open the flood gates to a load of questions from people who haven't even bothered to introduce themselves.

bloodyB

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
I know a guy who got 2 inapte definitifes. The second one was at the same time I got it. He was accepted by the legion the third time. Dont know what unit he served later on though

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I know a guy who got 2 inapte definitifes. The second one was at the same time I got it. He was accepted by the legion the third time. Dont know what unit he served later on though
Hello bloodyB. Would you mind going into further detail about your friend and the inapte definitives that he received and overcame? Please tell us all you know, this is the first time I've heard something like this and I'm sure there are others who are more curious.

bloodyB

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
I dont know the details exactly. We didnt keep in touch that much. And they never say the reason they reject you. Mby he knew someone. I really dont want to speculate. And please dont get your hopes up. I think for something like this to happen is 0.0001%

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Nepal
Hello My name is bijay from Nepal .....
Few months ago I got rejected in commission and got a paper of inapte definitive....and I send a letter also but I didn't get any response....is there no chance for me now....

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello My name is bijay from Nepal .....
Few months ago I got rejected in commission and got a paper of inapte definitive....and I send a letter also but I didn't get any response....is there no chance for me now....
Hi Bijay, why did you get inapt definitive and where & how did you send your letter, was it registered?

Reaction score
Home Country
Nepal
Hi Bijay, why did you get inapt definitive and where & how did you send your letter, was it registered?
They didn't give me the reason why I got rejected but I send letter to this address through la poste...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-15-13-12-45-475_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-15-13-12-45-475_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 23

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Bijay,

Unfortunately the Aubagne bureau boys aren't the most efficient in the world, if you have only sent your letter by normal mail, it will end up in the rubbish bin. If you send it with "acknowledge of receipt", accusé de réception in french, it means that there is a trace and they are obliged to act upon it.
I can see from the reduced image that there are errors in the French. Not a good sign, either send it in good English or good French.

The address looks good, so it must have gotten there. My advice is don't give up. Rewrite your letter, make it to the point. Don't go overboard with the compliments or how hard you are willing to work.
Point our to them that it is the second time that you have sent them a letter.

Good luck

Reaction score
Home Country
Nepal
Hi Bijay,

Unfortunately the Aubagne bureau boys aren't the most efficient in the world, if you have only sent your letter by normal mail, it will end up in the rubbish bin. If you send it with "acknowledge of receipt", accusé de réception in french, it means that there is a trace and they are obliged to act upon it.
I can see from the reduced image that there are errors in the French. Not a good sign, either send it in good English or good French.

The address looks good, so it must have gotten there. My advice is don't give up. Rewrite your letter, make it to the point. Don't go overboard with the compliments or how hard you are willing to work.
Point our to them that it is the second time that you have sent them a letter.

Good luck
Thank you very much for your recommendation.....

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovakia
Hello to everyone, I am new here my name is Pavol I am from Slovakia, between september and october last year i was in selection centre in Aubagne, I passed whole tests, IQ, sport and medical too, than in blue group i had gestapo and interview with legionnaire... before i went to Aubagne i knew about Legion only from books which were write before 20-25 years, so I have different ideas about Legion, on gestapo and interview they told me that it is not like 25 years ago, so i made decision in thursday, in the day when is selection to red group i said i wanna go to civil, I rejected by myself...I know it was bad decision, but i felt it like that. After came back home I became aware it was not happy decision so i wrote letter in english language and sent it 12. of February. I checked it on the internet If it is received but for the first time consignee was not there. On the second time 24. February it was received. But i still dont have reply. I would like to ask If it is still possible to get answer from them ??Thank you for all answers.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello to everyone, I am new here my name is Pavol I am from Slovakia, between september and october last year i was in selection centre in Aubagne, I passed whole tests, IQ, sport and medical too, than in blue group i had gestapo and interview with legionnaire... before i went to Aubagne i knew about Legion only from books which were write before 20-25 years, so I have different ideas about Legion, on gestapo and interview they told me that it is not like 25 years ago, so i made decision in thursday, in the day when is selection to red group i said i wanna go to civil, I rejected by myself...I know it was bad decision, but i felt it like that. After came back home I became aware it was not happy decision so i wrote letter in english language and sent it 12. of February. I checked it on the internet If it is received but for the first time consignee was not there. On the second time 24. February it was received. But i still dont have reply. I would like to ask If it is still possible to get answer from them ??Thank you for all answers.

You will find the answer under "Letters to COMLE"