a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second time

Armakedon

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macedonia
Hell guys i am old member... but i was inactive to forum long time ago :] ... last year i was in legion octomber i was in paris i pass everything in paris and they send us aubagne we was aubagne we do computer test i pass... but at capetain i didnt pass becouse i had some knee problems... hehe and i was reject for one year and i am going this month again second time in legion.... i dont want to tell the date :D

Buner101

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Poland
What was wrong with Your knee if You dont mind telling?

Armakedon

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macedonia
nothing... to much forcing... :D and sometimes i had little pain becouse of to much forcing :D i do 12 level in luc lager... or 11 i dont remember ;D haha

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
nothing... to much forcing... :D and sometimes i had little pain becouse of to much forcing :D i do 12 level in luc lager... or 11 i dont remember ;D haha

Do NOT give details on this forum, it is public !

Good luck for your second attempt to join the Legion. Keep us posted

Armakedon

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Macedonia
Its not hotel :) and its military ... Ur not in hotel u eat what they give u :).... Better go to hotel haha

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello.

What is the food like, generally? Is there a Vegetarian option?

Regards.

There is no options except maybe on a Sunday morning when you might get the choise of 'pain au chocolate or pain raisin". But for the rest, you eat it or leave it. In instruction, you will probably eat it even if you hate what is being served as was my case with tripe and white pudding sausages. However don't feel bad about not eating it, someone will.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
There is no options except maybe on a Sunday morning when you might get the choise of 'pain au chocolate or pain raisin". But for the rest, you eat it or leave it. In instruction, you will probably eat it even if you hate what is being served as was my case with tripe and white pudding sausages. However don't feel bad about not eating it, someone will.

Good to know, cheers.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ah, a comedian with a dysfunctional knee.

Man when I read your question I thought you were joking. :) How do you think to go vegan in legion? Especially during the period when rations deliberately reduced and physical activity increased.

No special regimes of diet. No practise of silly religious customs. No individuality, and I like it that way :)

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Ah, a comedian with a dysfunctional knee.

NO ! If you go to the Legion, you must be conscious that you join the military. And that means that you will have all the advantages of this stable and disciplined life, but also that you have to accept all the constraints imposed by your chiefs, usually for your own good. That means clothing, lodgings and uniform.

Saying from a fellow wannabe that he is "a comedian with a dysfunctional knee" is a very serious lack of respect for your future mate. You do not deserve to pass selection !

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
Man when I read your question I thought you were joking. :) How do you think to go vegan in legion? Especially during the period when rations deliberately reduced and physical activity increased.

No special regimes of diet. No practise of silly religious customs. No individuality, and I like it that way :)

Maybe I was joking. Maybe I said Vegetarian instead of Vegan, oui?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
NO ! If you go to the Legion, you must be conscious that you join the military. And that means that you will have all the advantages of this stable and disciplined life, but also that you have to accept all the constraints imposed by your chiefs, usually for your own good. That means clothing, lodgings and uniform.

Saying from a fellow wannabe that he is "a comedian with a dysfunctional knee" is a very serious lack of respect for your future mate. You do not deserve to pass selection !

Ah, a camarade who takes things serious! We will get along just fine here ;-)

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Maybe I was joking. Maybe I said Vegetarian instead of Vegan, oui?

There is no much difference in this case (Vegetarian or Vegan). I respect someone's choice to eat what he wants, but IMHO army is not place for that.

[video=youtube;LLaOIXXalK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLaOIXXalK8[/video]

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
There is a huge difference between vegans and vegetarians from a moral/ethical or philosophical standpoint and in what they eat, but that's not the point of this thread or this board.
You can avoid deficiencies by eating a very balanced diet AND supplementing with a multivitamin and taking B12(everyone is susceptible to a b12 deficiency but Vegans moreso).

But the main point here is that the only dietary restrictions France will recognize are for Kosher or Halal, and even then you might sometimes be out of luck with limited options. So the best course is to be flexible and realize that you must eat what you are given, trade with comrades or just go hungry (hard if you are very physically active). In regiment you have more options to cook in your rooms and you can stock up on some stuff like energy bars or something to take with you in the field, if allowed.

Joking is fine but best not to joke about someone unless you are already friends. Things are easily misunderstood on an international forum when using only text and where English is not everyone's first language.

Fin109

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yes. Exactly what Nick said. I am a vegan, and I'd imagine there ain't much vegan options in selection or training haha. I believe you'll just have to be flexible, and acclimate yourself before hand so your stomach can digest meat depending on how long you have gone without.

In regiment I'm sure you can maintain a vegan/vegetarian diet wouldn't be bad. Anyways, good luck.