a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security for Harry and Meghan.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I read somewhere that the queen says that she will die on the throne, no play on words intended. I'm not so sure if the Brit public and, more importantly the commonwealth, will accept Prince Charles. The fact that HM the Queen, went through the second world war, makes a lot of difference, as did her husband.
In my opinion, he should relinquish the throne and for the good of the country and allow the next in line William and Kate (will she be queen consort, I imagine so as they were married before taking over the throne?) Which is another reason why Charlie should not accept it; as Camilla, or Cameo* as I like to call her(®) , will never fully be welcomed by the Brit public. Not after the legacy left by Diana.

*Cameo
A cameo role or cameo appearance; (often shortened to just cameo) is a brief appearance or voice part of a well known person in a work of the performing arts.